This Page

has been moved to new address

Beach Wood Peace Sign Tutorial

Sorry for inconvenience...

Little Miss Momma: Beach Wood Peace Sign Tutorial

Friday, January 21, 2011

Beach Wood Peace Sign Tutorial

Beach Wood Peace Sign How To


If you would like to read about my FIRST attempt {and fail} of this project, click HERE. I promise you will chuckle.

I think this is perfect for coastal chic decor or a funky front porch.
Especially since it is made out of beach wood.

It was actually a lot easier than I thought it would be.

Let's get started:
You will need:
foam wreath {purchased at $1 Tree}
Beach wood in all different shapes and sizes
or any funky wood scraps {barn wood even}
Glue gun and glue sticks


First I dug through all my pieces until I found some that would fit for my "peace" lines.  I set them in the center of the wreath and then I poked the ends of the sticks into the foam so they would stay put.





Then I busted out my glue gun and began gluing down random scraps.  I started from the outside edge and worked my way towards the center.  Be sure to only put glue on the underside of each wood piece so that the glue doesn't show. 


REMEMBER: this is NOT supposed to be perfect--at all! The charm is in the haphazard nature of this piece {no pun intended}.

Here is a picture of my first dozen or so pieces glued down.

and then some more...

and then waaayyyy more.

Occasionally I had to break some wood pieces so they could fit to fill in the gaps.


I did NOT glue any wood down on the back side of the wreath or in the inside edge of the circle.

The hardest part of this project is having enough wood pieces to choose from. So start collecting now :)




I will be linking this project up to these ladies fabulous parties!

HAPPY CRAFTING!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Say hi to Mel V,
she's our new sponsor
and her camera straps and ruffles will make your heart smile!
Just wait till you see mine--you will die!

Photobucket


Labels: , ,

22 Comments:

At January 21, 2011 at 3:58 PM , Anonymous Debbie - Families and Literacy said...

Fun! I'm glad to see you were able to repair your little "fail" from earlier. It turned out great! I absolutely love fun wreath ideas, and I think this would look great as just the circle! You could even decorate it with little eggs or birds to make it look like a nest. Great tutorial!

 
At January 21, 2011 at 4:11 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I love it!!! I really like Peace signs!! And I wouldn't have noticed the car logo if you wouldn't have pointed it out... haha.

 
At January 21, 2011 at 4:27 PM , Blogger Amanda M. said...

I LOVE this! Thank you for this tutorial!

 
At January 21, 2011 at 4:29 PM , Blogger Kara Thomas said...

Mel V is awesome! Just got my camera strap for Christmas. LOVE IT!

 
At January 21, 2011 at 4:31 PM , Blogger Mejia Mamma said...

Looks great, so creative!!

 
At January 21, 2011 at 6:04 PM , Blogger ellzabelle said...

I LOVE this! I'm obsessed with driftwood, but now that I live in Colorado, it makes it a little tough. I've wanted to make a driftwood mirror, and now this too! Laughed a lot at your first attempt (didn't notice the mistake). Great blog. Really enjoy!

 
At January 21, 2011 at 6:18 PM , Blogger April said...

PEACE or Mercedes ... either way...I like it.. a lot !!!

 
At January 21, 2011 at 6:23 PM , Blogger Tracy's Trinkets and Treasures said...

I really like your peace sign. I wish I lived where drift wood could be collected. It is so cool.

 
At January 21, 2011 at 6:56 PM , Blogger Ali Rockwell said...

This turned out really really cute!

 
At January 21, 2011 at 7:42 PM , Blogger Renae said...

This came out super cute.. I love it. It's so fresh and organic looking. What a perfect summer wreath for the front door.

 
At January 21, 2011 at 8:20 PM , Blogger Lindsay said...

What a fun project! Turned out super cute Ashley!

 
At January 21, 2011 at 8:38 PM , Blogger Jenn said...

This is super cute! Peace signs are so fun! I only wish I lived by the beach. Lake wood maybe?

 
At January 21, 2011 at 9:12 PM , Blogger Grace (The Stripe) said...

this is amazing!!! love it. amazing job.


xx grace
stripesandsequins.com

 
At January 22, 2011 at 8:09 AM , Anonymous michelle said...

This needs to come hang on the wall of Little Miss Mommas' MOMMA"S beach house. SOOOOOO cute! I have the perfect place for it.

 
At January 22, 2011 at 10:22 AM , Blogger Erica Cook said...

Just discovered your ridiculously awesome blog... there's too many cute things to comment on. The toe snapshot made me smile! Happy to introduce myself as your newest follower. :)

come play!
http://moth-design.blogspot.com/

 
At January 22, 2011 at 4:05 PM , Blogger Katie said...

While visiting an antique store today I saw a really cute mirror that was entirely framed in driftwood. Instantly made me think of your peace sign! Price tag? $85!! WHAT!! Definately more affordable to make your own beachwood treasures! It turned out great (and by the way, I had to google the peace sign to see what was wrong with #1, so you're not alone)!

 
At January 22, 2011 at 7:08 PM , Blogger ~Isabel said...

Oh my....i love this. Thanks for sharing the tutorial!

 
At January 23, 2011 at 12:57 PM , Blogger Heidi said...

Looks great! {the mercedes sign was cute too, hehe}

 
At January 23, 2011 at 1:43 PM , Blogger Allison @ House of Hepworths said...

So cute! I will be featuring your project this Thursday at my weekly link party, Hookin Up with HoH #34.

I'm letting you know in advance as I'll be out of town during the party and will be unable to notify you on Thursday.

Please feel free to stop by and grab a button on Thursday!

~Allison @ House of Hepworths

 
At January 24, 2011 at 8:01 AM , Blogger TLF said...

This is adorable!!
I think I'll try this with some regular ole sticks! lolololol

 
At January 24, 2011 at 10:23 AM , Blogger kristenly said...

this is super cute! i wish there was somewhere you could buy beach wood. i know that i could try with regular sticks but part of the appeal to me is that it is beach wood.
you have a beautiful little blog. thank you for sharing this!

 
At April 16, 2011 at 6:02 PM , Blogger Amanda said...

Hi Ashley. I'll be featuring this on Craft Gossip tomorrow afternoon, nice job! Thanks for inspiration!

If you would like a "featured by" button, you can grab one here!
http://homeandgarden.craftgossip.com/grab-a-craft-gossip-button/

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home