This Page

has been moved to new address

Happy Little Miss Momma's Day

Sorry for inconvenience...

Little Miss Momma: Happy Little Miss Momma's Day

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Little Miss Momma's Day

Happy Little Miss Momma's Day


Mommy, Daddy and Baby W spent our very first Momma's Day at the beach.
This was the baby's first time at the beach where he was actually old enough to touch the sand--and boy, did he ever.

He threw it in the air...

And stacked it against his tummy...

And inspected the tiny grains in between his fingers...

And then he ate it--and I freaked out!
Surely sand consumption cannot be good on a baby tummy...or bummy?!
Note: the friendly topless woman behind Lil W--she thought Baby W's sand eating was pretty funny.

To me, going to the beach is about getting a tan, reading a good book {or gossip magazine}, enjoying some yummy snacks, curling my toes in the sand and maybe even taking a nap--so when we decided to spend my very first "Mother's Day as a Momma" at the beach I thought, what more perfect way to spend my special day...It just so happens to be at the top of my list of "favorite things". 

This trip to the beach turned out a bit different...

The People Magazine stayed in my bag, and instead I pulled out the Buzz Lightyear shovel and sand toys.  The yummy grown up snacks were left home in exchange for a plethora of flavorless puffs, unsweetened applesauce, and freeze dried yogurt {yum}.  And I can certainly tell you there was NO nap or sun bathing.

And although my perfect day at the beach didn't go as I imagined, I realized something new about this whole parenting business.  I learned that when you become a parent your definition of perfect and fun kinda changes a bit.  Suddenly, if its perfect or fun for your little one, well then its perfectly fun for you too!

And today was both perfect and fun!




I hope your Momma's Day was perfect too!

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

At May 10, 2010 at 2:27 PM , Blogger Kristyn said...

Happy first mother's day! Wes is so cute! I think I need to see him again it has been WAY too long!

 
At May 10, 2010 at 2:53 PM , Blogger t & e said...

oh man he is toooooooo cute! glad you guys had fun at the beach, Happy Mothers Day!

 
At May 10, 2010 at 7:26 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

what great pictures! and don't worry about the sand-eating. lol. it looks like you had a wonderful day!

 
At May 11, 2010 at 8:11 AM , Blogger Brittany@Love Stitched said...

Hope you had a great Mothers Day! I gave you a TRENDY BLOG AWARD on my blog today! check it out! http://lovestitched.blogspot.com/2010/05/awards-and-winner.html

 
At May 13, 2010 at 8:20 AM , Anonymous Heather said...

Glad you had a wonderful Momma's Day!!

 
At July 2, 2010 at 2:14 PM , Blogger Life in Rehab said...

I have a wonderful photo of my 17 year old beanpole when he was W's age and fat as the Micheline Man stuffing sand into his cherubic mouth with a chubby fist. It's blown up and framed, and it always makes me giggle.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home