This Page

has been moved to new address

Spring Time Decor and Easter Inspiration

Sorry for inconvenience...

Little Miss Momma: Spring Time Decor and Easter Inspiration

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Spring Time Decor and Easter Inspiration

It seems that the hubby's unexpected knee surgery has led to a change of plans around these parts.
Emails have gone unanswered.
Posts have gone unposted.
Dishes have gone unwashed.
And laundry has gone un-laundered,
as the husband has been confined to the couch loopy on pain meds
while I spend my days forming a human barrier between his knee
and our crash test dummy of a toddler.

And to top things off,
Baby W's two year molars have decided to come out and play this week,
three months early, mind you.
So you'd think that since I don't ever sleep
I would have lots of time to get things done.
But you would be wrong.
Exhaustion has turned my brain into a mashed potato,
so even the most medial task is completed at half speed.

Which would explain why I forgot this weekend was Easter.
Yep, completely forgot.
And whose house do you think Easter will be hosted at this year?
Uh huh, mine.

And the Easter decorations are still in the box,
buried in the garage
under boxes that only the pre-knee surgery husband can lift.

So I did what I do best.
I googled.
Rather I searched Spring/Easter ideas on my new obsession, Pinterest.
And I stumbled upon some delightful finds.
Yeah, I just said delightful {we might try that word out for a while}.

And now, wish me luck
as I head out to Target
with my hyper-active toddler, an immobile hubby and a shoestring budget.
Not to worry though,  we already called Target ahead and reserved one of those motorized carts.
This should be fun.

Time for the inspiration:












































































































 






  
















































 






A little glimpse into the meaning of Easter in our home.
Without Easter there would be no Christmas. -Gordon B. Hinckley

Labels: ,

14 Comments:

At April 23, 2011 at 4:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the image from Southern Living...I need that table cloth!

So I'm assuming that you're LDS because of the Gordy B quote? :) My husband used to be in the church and a ton of our friend base is LDS. Just have to say that I love love love me some Mormans! Such a precious group of people...now I get why I've been obsessed w/ your blog! :)

 
At April 23, 2011 at 4:16 PM , Blogger Jen said...

Oh NO! Haha - well I'm sure it will be lovely, not to mention a great memory years down the road. "Honey, remember that time we almost forgot Easter?" ;) Have a great one, anyway, and try to get some sleep! :)

 
At April 23, 2011 at 4:19 PM , Blogger Abby said...

I love that quote!

 
At April 23, 2011 at 4:34 PM , Blogger Missy said...

Love your inspiration! Enjoy Easter with your little family.


Missy
http://www.etsy.com/shop/dontwastetheprettyxo?ref=si_shop

 
At April 23, 2011 at 4:39 PM , Blogger Audrey Crisp said...

Lovely inspirations! Good luck! Happy Easter! Love that quote at the end... Might have to steal it! ; )

 
At April 23, 2011 at 4:41 PM , Blogger Jayna Rae said...

Oh boy!!!! Sounds like fun. At least stuff is sorta discounted already at Target. I know you will pull it off. I too am a bit behind, as in my boys are going to be going naked as of this moment in time. I was supposed to sew the outfits (Dreaming Big) and forgot. Now I have to find something Springy for them to wear. Good luck on your mission. I will be thinking of you while I am off on mine.

 
At April 23, 2011 at 8:17 PM , Blogger Lindsay @ Delighted Momma said...

Aw I am so sorry to hear about your hubbys knee!..I know it can be hard to run a house when the main man is slightly out of commission. I can also relate to the whole teething thing!!

Pretty impressive with all that's going on that you had time to put together this great inspirational post!

Delighted Momma

 
At April 23, 2011 at 8:33 PM , Blogger Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

LOVE that turquoise and yellow combo (holding the bag) and the purple place setting. I love using purple when I can.

 
At April 23, 2011 at 9:25 PM , Blogger Lindsay said...

I am POSITIVE that tomorrow will go PERFECT for you! You will pull it off cause you are AWSOME like that :) Happy Easter to the Stock Family! HUGS

 
At April 24, 2011 at 1:43 PM , Blogger Jamielyn said...

You are one hot mama in that mustache shirt! Hope you have a wonderful easter!

 
At April 24, 2011 at 1:47 PM , Blogger Lindsey said...

I can relate. The husband underwent back surgery recently and was laid out flat and out of commission for a MONTH. Ugh. It was awful...for both of us.

 
At April 24, 2011 at 9:33 PM , Anonymous Holly said...

Wow I love the egg candles - very cute!

 
At April 25, 2011 at 7:28 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Those flowers and vases in the last picture are beautiful! I love the combination of the pale pink and turquoise! Have a great week!

I'm having a fun little give away if you're interested! :)

 
At April 25, 2011 at 2:47 PM , Blogger ashley said...

wow is all I have to say!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home