This Page

has been moved to new address

I {heart} collections

Sorry for inconvenience...

Little Miss Momma: I {heart} collections

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

I {heart} collections

When I was a kid I had fond memories of spending holidays at my Auntie Sheila's house where I was able to pick any ornate goblet to drink my lemonade. She had a collection of at least 75 unqiue goblets that she took out for all special occassions. Sadly, when I was 15 she passed, away and her tradition passed to me and her other neices. As I got older, and moved out on my own, I had trouble storing a growing collection of goblets in my tiny kitchen cabinets. So, I switched my collection from goblets to knobs.


...and I collect heart-shaped rocks from different beaches I visit with my hubby:


What do you collect?

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At February 24, 2010 at 10:53 AM , Blogger kayjayoh said...

Those knobs are goregous!

I try not to collect much, as it piles up so fast. I collect bits and bobs to use in my art...keys and tranist tokens in particular. I have a growing collection of fortune cookie fortunes, which will someday become a painting. The only personal collection I have is all of my tickets: movie, concert, game, airplane...all the way back to high school.

Kayjayoh
http://www.irvingplace.net/

 
At February 24, 2010 at 11:19 AM , Blogger ashley @ little miss momma said...

Hi Kayjayoh, What great collections you have! I have always wanted to start a vintage key collection (maybe that will be next)...and you totally reminded me that I collect ticket stubs just like you, great memories in those stubs. I am going to check out your blog right now :)

 
At February 24, 2010 at 3:44 PM , Blogger andrea creates said...

i collect chocolate tins from italy-among a lot of other things-
nice blog
-via etsy forums :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home