This Page

has been moved to new address

Locket Ring Tutorial {and then some extra goodies}

Sorry for inconvenience...

Little Miss Momma: Locket Ring Tutorial {and then some extra goodies}

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Locket Ring Tutorial {and then some extra goodies}

Locket Ring Tutorial and other DIY Rings

I went to Michael's {my home away from home} today with no clue what I would be getting for my next project.  I decided to would wait for inspiration as I walked the isles.  As soon as I hit the jewelry isle I was "inspired" to create this Locket Ring Tutorial.

I love lockets,

and I love rings,

so whats not to love about a locket ring?!

And then I couldn't help but throw a few extra goodies in my cart to create a whole family of fun statement rings to share with you!


Let's get started.
Here's what you will need:

Blank ring bases {purchased at Michael's in the jewelry isle,
see package in above picture}
Any fun jewelry embellishments/locket you want to use on your rings {try Michaels, or any thrift store}
A picture of your favorite person to go inside your locket
Glue gun and hot glue
Scissors
Pencil


I am the world's worst tracer and cutter, so I did the best I could, and when the picture didn't fit perfectly in the locket I just glue gunned it into place.


Disregard my janky cutting job.

I used hot glue, but you may want to try other forms of glue {i.e. crazy glue, something water proof, etc} to make your ring more secure.


Be sure to press your locket and ring base together after glueing.  I suggest holding it in placce for about a minute.

And there you have it!

Too cute, right.

Open it up and you get a sneak peek at infant Baby W.


And now on to the extra goodies:
Here are the "extra" ring embellishments I picked up {at Michael's}



{Plaque Ring}

{Smaller Locket Ring}



The complete line-up of ring awesomeness:


*Stay tuned for a future post on how to package up these rings in a super cute way so that you can give them as gifts*

{aka: where I link my projects}, click the link above.

Happy Crafting!

Labels: ,

22 Comments:

At June 2, 2010 at 6:22 AM , Blogger SocksAndMittens said...

Lovely post - thank you so much for the tutorial!

 
At June 2, 2010 at 6:27 AM , Blogger Brittany@Love Stitched said...

cute rings... <3 it!

 
At June 2, 2010 at 8:09 AM , Blogger @JessEsco said...

Those are fab! I need to start printing these out and head to Michael's!

 
At June 2, 2010 at 8:21 AM , Blogger Alycia Grayce (Crowley Party) said...

very very very cute Idea!

 
At June 2, 2010 at 10:27 AM , Blogger Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Those are adorable!! Love this idea. :) Would be great for Christmas gifts!!!

 
At June 2, 2010 at 1:41 PM , Blogger Mrs Anne said...

I love this idea.
So precious/trendy/fun!
Thanks for the tutorial!

 
At June 2, 2010 at 4:26 PM , Blogger Laurie in SC said...

I am ♥ing your locket ring! What a cute blog you have as well. I'd love for you to come see me at Scene of the Grime - I'm giving away 3 super glammy Sam Moon cuff bracelets and they're perfect summer accessories! Here's the blog addy:
www.sceneofthegrime.blogspot.com

Have a wonderful evening! ♥Laurie

 
At June 2, 2010 at 7:46 PM , Blogger Nevaeh said...

These are so cute and I already know a few people to make them for as gifts, Thank You

 
At June 2, 2010 at 10:15 PM , Anonymous Charlene Austin said...

Too cute is right!! I have a ton of ring blanks that I have done nothing with!! Woohoo....thanks for such a great idea. Can't wait to find some fun stuff in my craft room and make some of these!

 
At June 2, 2010 at 11:24 PM , Blogger  Justine said...

super cute rings!

 
At June 3, 2010 at 1:01 PM , Blogger Jan said...

Fun ring! I went to Michael's today, too. Went in for foam board & came out with too many things from the jewelry aisle!

 
At June 4, 2010 at 8:44 AM , Blogger Michelle L. said...

What a cool idea! I have a bunch of boring plain lockets - I was going to embellish them to hang on chain - but never thought to make rings!

 
At June 4, 2010 at 3:38 PM , Blogger Heather said...

What a great idea...perfect! Now, can you just make me one and send it my way? ha :) Would love for you to come link up to my Fabulous Friday party: http://www.savingmoneylivinglife.com/2010/06/link-up-for-2nd-round-of-fabulous_03.html
Thanks!

 
At June 5, 2010 at 6:23 AM , Blogger Maggie said...

I love your tutorials. I am the crafts coordinator for MOPS and I think I'll be using 3 of your ideas.....you are very inspirational and I very much appreciate the simplicity yet elegance of all your crafts

 
At June 5, 2010 at 8:07 AM , Blogger Kelley said...

I have been looking forever for ring bases.... thank you for the tip, I will give Michaels a try. Love your locketring!

 
At June 5, 2010 at 8:54 AM , Blogger Pam said...

This is a fun idea and the looks can vary so much as long as you have the base. Too bad we don't have a Michael's (or anything like that) on the islands. :( I just have to try to stock up on some things when I go to the mainland. Clever idea!

 
At June 6, 2010 at 5:41 PM , Blogger Kim, USA said...

I've been looking for this ring bases I didn't know Michaels had it. Thanks for sharing this one love to make my own too. Happy Sunday!

 
At June 11, 2010 at 8:31 AM , Blogger Theresa Plas said...

So darling! Love the locket rings! Fantastic job!

 
At July 20, 2010 at 6:44 AM , Anonymous The Craftaholic said...

i love love love these so much! Great job, and thanks for the inspiration this morning!

 
At March 3, 2011 at 9:24 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I just did a few alterations and made my own rings! Thank you so much for your post & tutorial!

I found the ring w/ pad at Hobby Lobby (so now I know I can get them from two stores). Instead of the hot glue I bought Jewlery & Metal Glue from Hobby Lobby for just under $5 (and it was on sale too)!

Again, thanks so much! I am so happy to have just discovered your blog last week. :D

-T

 
At March 5, 2011 at 9:09 AM , Blogger Theresa @ Just Call Me "T" said...

to go with the above... my friend 'The Girl Creative' suggested I blog my first tutorial. So I have been working hard on getting my blog set up. Posted the tutorial early this am... Not sure if I did it properly, but I cited you for my inspiration and wanted to let you know. Thank you so much!

<3 T

http://just-call-me-t.blogspot.com/2011/03/how-to-make-cocktail-ring-tutorial.html

 
At April 14, 2011 at 12:52 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Loved the results of this simple, sweet project! Here are mine, if'n you want to see...
http://kinder-words.blogspot.com/2011/04/lovely-rings.html

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home