This Page

has been moved to new address

A Valentines Day Tutorial by Mel {V} Designs

Sorry for inconvenience...

Little Miss Momma: A Valentines Day Tutorial by Mel {V} Designs

Sunday, January 30, 2011

A Valentines Day Tutorial by Mel {V} Designs

Blog Swap:
So today I'll be at Mel's blog
and she'll be at my place.

You will love Mel.
I do.

she is beautiful.
she is crafty.
and she is talented.

you'll see.

{be sure to stop by Mel's for a new LMM tutorial}

psstt: mel is the designer of this shop:


You like her already, don't you?!

And here's Mel:

Ok so I dont know if this makes me a NERD or what....
but Im so stinkin’ excited about being a guest blogger at LMM! 
I CANNOT BELIEVE IT!  
I have been following her for a while now,
and let me just tell ya....
Im in love!
LMM is the 1st thing I check in the morning with my hot cup of Java. 
She is sweet, real, and has an awesome personality...even though I've never meet her in real-life
Im sure shes even better in person!  

This is ME:


And I'm Mel V.
The author of the Mel {V} blog
and the designer of the Mel {V} Designs Camer Strap Covers

I made this strap cover for Little Miss Momma.

Today I am here to show you this fun Valentines Day project that I whipped up.  My brain was so fried trying to come up something great to make to impress Ashley and her readers (haha), so I checked around some awesome blogs and found this tutorial by Lisa Leonard...
andhere is my version of her project!

It's pretty easy and it took me less than 5 minutes to make!  


All you need is some paint, glitter, a paint brush of course, and a canvas. 

  
Pour some paint on your canvas 


and spread with the brush, you can leave some texture to make it more rustic chic 


then I made a heart template and cut it out and lay it on top of the wet paint 


and pour glitter on the wet paint before it dries 


and ta da! There it is... 
I kinda over did it with the glitter didn't I? haha ...oh well! 


To see the original tutorial Here it is! 

Thank you Ashley for having me over...it was a blast ;) 

Ohhhh and Ashley will be guest blogging over at my place today so go check her out! 

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

At January 30, 2011 at 12:52 PM , Blogger Jayna Rae said...

Very cute! The blue makes it POP!!!!

 
At January 30, 2011 at 1:06 PM , Blogger TLF said...

Oh My Goodness, this is so cute!!
I love it!!

 
At January 30, 2011 at 1:10 PM , Blogger Brooke Douglass said...

I absolutely love this piece of art and I love the camera strap sooo much!!! I would love to make one for my mom (can you send me in teh right direction of the tutorial for that?) I also wanted to let you know that I linked your blog to mine...I did a couple farbic puff flowers from your tutorial! I hope I send some new bloggers your way! brooke
brookedouglass@yahoo.com
Girl Boy Girl Inspired

 
At January 30, 2011 at 2:51 PM , Blogger mstalcup said...

OMG - how stinking cute and easy! I'm not crafty at all and I think I might even be able to pull this one off. :) Thanks Ashley for sharing Mel and her blog.

Now, I'm off to visit Mels blog.

 
At January 30, 2011 at 4:02 PM , Blogger Michelle Life Buy The Beach said...

Really cute...Love glitter projects. bling bling!

 
At January 30, 2011 at 4:13 PM , Blogger Sanwanya said...

very cute!! Great V-Day project!

 
At February 3, 2011 at 7:38 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a super cute, easy idea!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home