This Page

has been moved to new address

Sadie Jane: Simply Delicious {anthro bedroom that is off the hook}

Sorry for inconvenience...

Little Miss Momma: Sadie Jane: Simply Delicious {anthro bedroom that is off the hook}

Monday, March 7, 2011

Sadie Jane: Simply Delicious {anthro bedroom that is off the hook}


Meet Sadie Jane of Simply Delicious,
she is beautiful,
she is talented,
she has the most precious little family,
and she has some mad design skills.
Read her guest post today
for the scoop on her crazy awesome
bedroom remodel!


and she teaches us how to make EVERYTHING you see in this room,
including the bed spread!
Wowza!

*************************************************

Hello all you wonderful LMM readers!
I could not be more excited to be guest posting for Ashley today.
Isn't she just so adorable!
Someday we will get together at a coffee shop and talk for hours!
I'm Sadie Jane from {simply delicious}


Running. Clothes. Decorating. Blogging. Friends. Cupcakes. Sewing. Shoes. Kissing my Prince Charming. Motherhood. Delivering babies. Working out. Baking. Purses. {My Religion}. Sporadically breaking out in dance. Laughing. Family. Licorice flavored taffy. Jewelry. Shopping with mom. Skype. Being a nurse.

I have been a labor and delivery nurse for 2 1/2 years now and I absolutely love it!
You can read about some of my experiences {HERE} and {HERE}.
I work night shifts {6 PM to 6 AM} while my husband watches our little girl, Reagan Jane.
When I'm not delivering babies I am training for a run or athletic event.
I am very passionate about fitness but you better believe I have something sweet everyday!
To read about some of my running adventures go {HERE} and {HERE}.

Another obsession!?!...
my beautiful little pea-pod Reagan Jane.
She came into our lives last year.
My life wouldn't be complete without her.
To read about some of her adventures go {HERE} and {HERE}.
Reagan is wearing one of my {simply delicious creations}.
One of these days I will open an Etsy shop...but until then this little girl will have to be my only customer.

When I'm not working, running or playing with my little girl I am sewing, crafting or decorating!
To learn more about me go {HERE}

Now onto the fun stuff!!
I am here for all of you today to show some of the fun things I have been up to lately.
Jeff and I moved into our home in December and since then I have been busy painting and redecorating.
This was our master bedroom right after we moved in.

Although I loved the trim and molding in our room I wanted to do something completely different to it...while staying on a budget.
So.....

HERE'S WHAT I'VE DONE SO FAR...
I decided to paint it grey, turquoise and white.
I bought the paint, rolled up my sleeves and went to town.
I bought an amazing stencil from {Cutting Edge Stencils}.
What do you think?

Instead of buying the $100+ bedding from Anthropologie I decided to channel my inner seamstress and make the bedding myself!
Wanna see how I did it?
Go to the tutorial {HERE}!


I was going for a 'shabby-chic-retro' feel.

Everything I made for this room was either discounted or from a thrift store.
#1 tip to redecorating: ALWAYS SHOP THE THRIFT STORES!
They are full of simply delicious finds.

Find out how to make this beautiful feather wreath.
Go to the tutorial {HERE}.

And check out the tutorial for this Candle Holder Re-vamp.
I still have a few finishing touches to add to my newly vamped bedroom.
Including:
Rosette lamp re-vamp {yet to create}
Refinished bedside tables {currently drying}
Wall decor {waiting for the hubby to hang}
and more...
watch the play by play of my master bedroom come together.
And don't forget the {other rooms} in the house.
Thanks again Ashley for letting me come over and guest post.
Stop by my blog, become a follower and read all about my journey as a nurse, mother, wife, decorator and plain ole' country girl in my {simply delicious} life!
XOXO
Sadie Jane

Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

At March 7, 2011 at 10:37 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

YEAH!! Oh Ashley you are amazing for letting me be a guest poster!! You are the best!! Thanks everyone for coming over to my blog and sharing the love!

 
At March 7, 2011 at 10:55 AM , Blogger Chrissy @ the Pearl Blog said...

funny I was just reading sadie's bedspread tutorial the other day and love the room. should have known she would be featured here! thanks for sharing ladies!

 
At March 7, 2011 at 11:33 AM , Blogger Ashley Romney said...

I am truly inspired! Sadie you are just too cute and I am headed over now to be your newest follower! Ashley thanks for sharing your cute friends with us! :)

 
At March 7, 2011 at 4:01 PM , Blogger Heather @ Glitter and Gloss said...

Awesome! Love that room!!

 
At March 7, 2011 at 6:17 PM , Blogger * Nancy * said...

Totally enjoyed reading about Sadie. - she rocks. Love her ambition! Thanks for post.

 
At March 7, 2011 at 8:21 PM , Blogger Brittany@Love Stitched said...

I love Sadie! She is so cute and fun and I am so happy she was able to guest post some of her amazing ideas!!

 
At March 8, 2011 at 12:21 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sadie is amazing! I could only dream of being this crafty! And beautiful. And....

I love the turquoise candleholders! :)

 
At March 8, 2011 at 7:31 PM , Blogger MommaChelle said...

way cute bedroom! i spent like an hour or more looking through her blog, and reading about her L&D expiriences and a bunch other things.. she is such an awesome person! thanks for having her on the blog.!

 
At March 9, 2011 at 9:14 PM , Blogger jackie said...

i know i'm a little slow on the uptake, but... dang yo, you did this yourself?! incredible.

 
At March 11, 2011 at 7:48 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just started following her blog. (before I saw this post) Love!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home