This Page

has been moved to new address

Sew a Button Headband Tutorial

Sorry for inconvenience...

Little Miss Momma: Sew a Button Headband Tutorial

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Sew a Button Headband Tutorial

Sew a Button Headband {Tutorial}


One of the first things you'll learn about me if you visit my list of tutorials,
is that I LOVE BUTTONS!


And today I would like to share how to make my latest button creation:

How to Sew a Stretchy Button Headband


STEP ONE:
Gather all your supplies.


You will need:
Goody Brand stretchy headband {available at Target}
Needle and thread
Your favorite buttons


Now, pick out the order you want your buttons to be sewn onto your headband.  Pick enough buttons to take up about 2/3 of the total length of your headband. You will only end up sewing on buttons to 2/3 of the headband and leaving the other 1/3 blank.  I suggest this so that buttons don't get caught in your hair when you wear the headband.

STEP TWO:
Thread your needle and begin sewing on your buttons.  I picked the same color thread as my headband {black} so that you wouldn't be able to see the thread.  Bring your needle up through the back side of your headband to begin.


I went through each button hole two times for added support.


Now sew on your next button, again beginning from the underside of the headband. 


Then continue sewing on the remainder of the buttons following the above directions.


Remember to leave about 1/3 of the headband button-less so that your hair won't tangle.


When you have sewed on your last button,
knot off the end and you are done!

And Voila!


Super cute, right!


And there you have it!

Happy Crafting!

Labels: ,

30 Comments:

At July 1, 2010 at 2:30 PM , Blogger reneek said...

I like these buttons on the headbands. Very easy and cute craft.

 
At July 1, 2010 at 2:43 PM , Blogger Sandra said...

thanks for sharing, I love headbands;)

 
At July 1, 2010 at 7:21 PM , Blogger Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Very cute!!!

 
At July 2, 2010 at 9:56 AM , Blogger Amy said...

You had me at "I love buttons!" I'll def be looking at all your past stuff!

 
At July 2, 2010 at 2:09 PM , Blogger Life in Rehab said...

Nifty little embellishment! I like a little pop of color. And that's a look I could pull off.

Secretly, I just came over to check out pics of your scrumptious little son again.

 
At July 3, 2010 at 2:38 PM , Blogger jOni lAnE said...

how fun! i am inspired to make one for my macy! thanks for the tutorial!
smiles,
j

 
At July 3, 2010 at 2:49 PM , Blogger Shell said...

Don't buttons just make you happy! So cute! visiting from along for the ride :)

 
At July 4, 2010 at 2:30 PM , Blogger sportzmom said...

Love it! SO cute and even I can sew it!

 
At July 5, 2010 at 1:57 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I am to featuring this on Crafty Tuesday on Random Crafty Georgia Girl. It is right up my alley of sewing expertise andI don't sew!

 
At July 5, 2010 at 2:01 AM , Anonymous Cate said...

I forgot my link: http://olliebelle20.blogspot.com/

Cate from Random Crafty Georgia Girl

 
At July 5, 2010 at 5:24 PM , Anonymous My Magic Mom said...

Cute headband. I'm going to make some of these for my girls.

 
At July 5, 2010 at 7:02 PM , Blogger Ginger said...

Cute! Thanks for linking up to Mad Skills Monday!

 
At July 6, 2010 at 9:51 AM , Blogger Anne said...

So cute!

 
At July 6, 2010 at 11:49 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

That is one adorable headband! Thanks for sharing @ Anything Related!

 
At July 6, 2010 at 7:43 PM , Blogger Stacie said...

This is so adorable! My girls would love if I made one of these!

 
At July 6, 2010 at 8:54 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Too cute! I love it. I will have to check out your other button projects too. I found you at Skip to my Lou

 
At July 7, 2010 at 3:15 AM , Blogger Amy K said...

Hopping over from Blue Cricket Design...this headband is adorable. I love buttons too, and my daughter would love this! TFS.

 
At July 7, 2010 at 10:29 AM , Blogger Mandy Beyeler said...

I love this!! simple and cute. I featured you today at Sugar Bee Craft Edition - - Mandy, www.craftedition.blogspot.com

 
At July 8, 2010 at 7:43 AM , Blogger SewSara said...

that's adorable!
a perfect take-along craft when i take the kids to the park or something :)

 
At July 8, 2010 at 7:47 PM , Blogger Staci J said...

This is just darling!! I love the colors... Visiting from friday favorites
justsewsassy.com

 
At July 9, 2010 at 2:19 AM , Blogger greenbean said...

omg!...this is super cute!...off to target for some headbands!...

 
At July 9, 2010 at 11:23 AM , Blogger Larissa@Just Another Day in Paradise said...

I love your headbands.

I saw this on sumo's linky party.

I would love it if you stopped by and linked it up to my Christmas in July linky party. I am spending the month hosting a homemade gift even.

This would make the perfect stocking stuffer.

Hope to see you there.

Just Another Day in Paradise

 
At July 10, 2010 at 8:08 AM , Blogger memakingdo said...

Very cute love the different colors of buttons. I am featuring this today check it out and grab a button if you would like!
http://soverycreative.blogspot.com/2010/07/button-headband.html

 
At July 11, 2010 at 12:36 PM , Blogger memakingdo said...

Sorry about that I think I fixed the problem with my button if you want to try again!

 
At July 11, 2010 at 7:02 PM , Blogger Ginger said...

You have been featured!!! Check it out at the link below:

http://superstinkyboys.blogspot.com/2010/07/mad-skills-monday-link-party-16.html

Feel free to snag my featured button! See ya soon!

 
At July 13, 2010 at 8:18 AM , Anonymous Reena said...

I really love buttons especially when they are used on making jewelry or on hair accessories like that! Thanks for the great and simple idea!

 
At July 14, 2010 at 9:52 AM , Blogger Annikke said...

I know it's only July, but I am starting to think about crafts for the holidays and these would make great gifts! Thanks for tutorial!

 
At July 26, 2010 at 6:22 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you'll find it's spelt 'voila!', and isn't pronounced like it looks because it's a French word.

Regards,

The Craft Tutorial Grammar Police

 
At August 5, 2010 at 7:28 PM , Blogger Aimee said...

This headband idea is so adorable, I had to share it! I featured you here!

 
At August 2, 2011 at 4:19 PM , Anonymous Apple Blossom said...

So beautiful! I will imitate, on occasion, my daughter will be happy :-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home