This Page

has been moved to new address

Guest Blogger Love Stitched {{TUTORIAL}}

Sorry for inconvenience...

Little Miss Momma: Guest Blogger Love Stitched {{TUTORIAL}}

Monday, June 28, 2010

Guest Blogger Love Stitched {{TUTORIAL}}

I am super excited to be handing over LMM to one of my all-time favorite crafty bloggers--Brittany at Love Stitched!

Good luck finding a more talented chica {she sews, she cooks, she paints, she does hair, she's a photographer}.
You name it, she does it--and she does it well! 

So without further adieu, meet Brittany:

Lace Accent Shirt Tutorial

Hi I'm Brittany from LOVE STITCHED! I am SO excited to be guest posting on Ashley's blog today!
I am not going to lie...I have been creatively stumped lately...just one of those months where I have so much going on thinking of a new tutorial was not at the top of my list. But then I remembered this cute little shirt I made for myself a bit ago and thought I would share that with you!
It is super easy to make and a sewing machine is NOT required...although I did use one ;)
- t-shirt
- lace
- temp adhesive spray (not necessary)
- need and thread AND/OR sewing machine
1.) Start by trimming your lace piece to fit where you want it.
I wanted mine inside the pocket so I trimmed one of the petals off
2.) Lay out where you want your lace decal to go
* I decided to use the extra piece I cut off as an extra accent on the pocket*
3.) Spray the temp adhesive to hold the decal into place while you stitch it on
(not necessary but helpful)
4.) Hand Stitch OR using your sewing machine sew the decal on
*I hand stitched the small lace on the pocket and used the sewing machine on the big lace*
*this is what it will look like from the inside...I just did a simple line around the lace*
And that's it!!
Your done!
A simple adorable new top for summer!
*if using the temp adhesive make sure you wash your shirt before you wear it to remove the adhesive that is still on the shirt*

Thanks again Ashley for having me.
 



I would LOVE for you all to stop by my blog and see my other tutorials, weekly giveaways, guest bloggers, and wonderful Etsy finds!
___________________________________________________________________

 Check out the super fun link parties
I play at!

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

At June 28, 2010 at 10:38 PM , Blogger Nina @ Momma Go Round said...

OMG this is so adorable! I seriously think I'm going out tomorrow to get some cute lace...I have tons of shirts that could use a pick me up!

Thanks for the great tutorial :)

 
At June 29, 2010 at 7:33 AM , Blogger Brittany@Love Stitched said...

Thanks so much for having me guest post today Ash! I hope everyone enjoys my tutorial!

{Brittany}

 
At June 29, 2010 at 9:52 AM , Blogger Chelsea F. said...

What a great idea!! Now I just need to learn how to sew ;).

 
At June 29, 2010 at 12:59 PM , Blogger Jan said...

Cute and simple...looks great!

 
At June 29, 2010 at 6:59 PM , Blogger Ginger said...

Super cute! Thanks for linking up to Mad Skills Monday!

 
At June 30, 2010 at 9:53 AM , Blogger Kaysi @ Keeping it Simple said...

That looks great!!

 
At July 1, 2010 at 3:56 PM , Blogger Melissa said...

Very pretty and romantic. I love it.

 
At July 5, 2010 at 7:48 PM , Blogger Its So Very Cheri said...

Be sure to check out my favs post this evening. You will be featured.

Cheri

 
At February 5, 2011 at 5:32 PM , Anonymous Heather said...

I love this! Freaking adorable...and I am in target "tiny pocket" tees at least once a week...might as well fancy one of them up:)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home