This Page

has been moved to new address

a little bit awkward, a little bit awesome

Sorry for inconvenience...

Little Miss Momma: a little bit awkward, a little bit awesome

Monday, November 8, 2010

a little bit awkward, a little bit awesome

This post was inspired by Sydney,
the author of my new favorite blog the Daybook.

I emailed her once,
and she emailed back.

Which pretty much makes us bff {and makes me feel special}

{that's Sydney, we like her style}


Click here for her version of
"a little bit awkward, a little bit awesome"


And now here's mine...


Awkward:


A friends husband goes to say hi with a hug just as I hold out my hand for a shake...probably offended,  he then holds his hand out to shake just as I go in for a hug...this continues until the end result--gangsta hand shake slash back pat hug--not cool.


Being out with the hubby and running into someone I know--and I forget their name {but they know mine}. And now I'm not really sure how to introduce them to the hubs. This one has happened so often that we have developed a system.  If I don't introduce him right away the hubby knows I don't remember their name and he introduces himself  and then "no name" reciprocates...and then I say "I was just going to introduce you two".


Not realizing that I have dressed Baby W in the same outfit I am wearing {usually jeans and a plaid shirt} until the cashier at the market points it out.


Using the word "market" and people don't know what I am talking about {in Cali we call the grocery store the market...or maybe it's just an Ashley thing}.


Running into an ex boyfriend--nuff said.


Getting a pedicure and forgetting to shave your...toes {not that I would EVER need to do that sort of thing, but for the rest of you}.

Having Baby W give my boob a full on squeeze while I am conversing with a stranger in Michael's.


When I drink from Baby W's sippy cup......in public {true story}.


Realizing I went an entire day with a large chunk of hair that didn't quite make it into my pony tail {you know the rat tail piece in the very back}.


Realizing hours later that I have an embarrassing typo in a blog post {this makes my eye twitch}.


We'll end on this awkward photo in which I look 4 months preggo {which I'm NOT}. Not to mention the awkward flared nostrils.


{the posting of this photo is a demonstration of the love I have for you, my fellow readers}

And now for a little
Awesome:


My new moustache necklace {that my mom thinks is ridiculous, which kinda proves it's awesome--sorry momma}


Pulling a sleeping Baby W out of his car seat and he snuggles up against my neck.


Receiving a touching email from a reader, and having it be exactly what I needed to hear.

Finding a $10 bill in the pocket of my jeans today {and seriously, I didn't even know they still made $10 bills}.

Watching the new Silent Night Christmas commercial by Pampers {makes me want another baby}.

Waking up to the sound of rain.

Baby W going to bed an hour earlier because of the time change.

The flutter in my tummy when I see the hubby after he gets back from the gym with his backwards hat on, and he looks just like he did on the day we met.

My new cordless glue gun {no joke, cordless--as in I can glue anything, anytime, anywhere!}


Naked Baby W running through the halls just after his bath.

And we'll end on this 100% pure awesome moment:









Here's wishing you a day full of awesome, and a little less awkward.

Labels: , , ,

36 Comments:

At November 8, 2010 at 10:37 PM , Blogger Emily - faliLV said...

Um, I think I now really love your blog! Toe hair! For Realsies?? You Rock!

And sorry LMM momma - mustache necklace is pretty awesome.

Emily
Family and Life in Las Vegas

 
At November 8, 2010 at 11:34 PM , Blogger Pedey @ Do You Smell That!!? said...

At this very moment I am wearing a mustache necklace!! LOL Seriously. It IS Movember, after all! Loved this post! Thanks for the smiles.

 
At November 9, 2010 at 12:21 AM , Blogger Free Pretty Things For You said...

Having Baby W give my boob a full on squeeze while I am conversing with a stranger in Michael's.

and that is why i love you. :)

 
At November 9, 2010 at 12:35 AM , Blogger Delia said...

This post is awesome! :)

I love your mustache necklace too. I want one!

Cordless glue gun...dreamy.

You really are a tremendously wonderful person. :)

 
At November 9, 2010 at 1:18 AM , Blogger Missie Krissie said...

What? You have a cordless glue gun?! I wasn't aware that such awesomeness existed in this world! I'm googling right now...

Also you made me actually snort with laughter at the 'boob squeezing'... thanks :)

 
At November 9, 2010 at 3:49 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Reading this post while commuting into work...
Awesome!!! That's for making me smile while
I sit here looking at the sea of red break lights!

P.S I'm not driving wink)

 
At November 9, 2010 at 5:00 AM , Blogger Crazy Wonderful said...

I'm so in love with your blog, you just crack me up!

 
At November 9, 2010 at 5:06 AM , Blogger sara said...

A *cordless* glue gun...I have no words for how awesome that is...

Baby W and the hose just made my day!!

 
At November 9, 2010 at 5:37 AM , Blogger Craft That Party said...

OMG, you seriously had me spitting out my coffee as I read this. Especially the drinking from the sippy (did that at Wendy's last week, then quickly looked around to see who noticed) and the toe hair! Love it, thank you!

 
At November 9, 2010 at 6:04 AM , Blogger Brittany@Love Stitched said...

no need for an explanation and I knew it long before this post ;)
I LOVE YOU AND MISS YOU!

 
At November 9, 2010 at 6:31 AM , Blogger Ashley said...

Love this post it made my day.
How cute is Baby W?! Seriously!

 
At November 9, 2010 at 7:01 AM , Blogger Ashley said...

First of all, you have the cutest baby like EVER!

Second, this post is really cute and just makes me love you and your blog even more!

Third, cordless glue gun?!?! I must hear more about this!

 
At November 9, 2010 at 8:02 AM , Blogger Samantha {Moody Mama} said...

ok so I knew that I liked your blog but now I love it and you! haha

this was the best post ever :)

 
At November 9, 2010 at 8:30 AM , Blogger Brandy@YDK said...

such a fun post. I'm the most awkward when I have to talk on the phone or do small talk. i suck.

a cordless glue gun? totally awesome

 
At November 9, 2010 at 10:10 AM , Anonymous Aurora said...

OMG! The Daybook is one of my favorite blogs! I am sckeningly jealous of her style, and wish I could pull it off, too :) Sydney seems like the type of person that would be tons of fun to hang out with. lol...I sound crazy.

Also, your mustache necklace is incredible!! Did you make it, or buy it??

And the pampers Silent Night commercial gets me everytime, too.

LOVE YOUR BLOG!!

 
At November 9, 2010 at 11:32 AM , Blogger Mission: Life, Objective: Live. said...

Can I just tell you how much I LOVE your blog?! :)

 
At November 9, 2010 at 12:02 PM , Blogger Jenny Bo said...

This is all hilariously awesome -- might have to copy. :) Thanks for the Tuesday laughs, Ashley!

 
At November 9, 2010 at 12:09 PM , Blogger Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

I love all your awkward moments...I've gotta say, I've been there with all of them...including the toe hair!
That mustache necklace is awesome!

 
At November 9, 2010 at 12:13 PM , Blogger t & e said...

seeing how much everyone loves you warms my heart. i wish they all could know you like i do and they would love you even more. ps. you don't look preggo you look absolutely adorable in that dress.

 
At November 9, 2010 at 12:52 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Hold on a second... I'm still stuck on the cordless glue gun! How awesome!! ;)

 
At November 9, 2010 at 12:55 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're so cute! I love it. And THANK YOU for introducing me to a new blog!

 
At November 9, 2010 at 1:22 PM , Blogger BFree said...

This made me smile. I needed to smile.

 
At November 9, 2010 at 4:12 PM , Blogger Shirley said...

Love this post! :)

 
At November 9, 2010 at 7:01 PM , Blogger Jamie Rubeis said...

AWESOME POST! :)

...and drinking out of the hose as a kid...THE BEST!!!

 
At November 9, 2010 at 9:13 PM , Blogger Kara @ Mine for the Making said...

i {heart} this post!

 
At November 9, 2010 at 11:25 PM , Blogger Salena Lee said...

Hey, we use the word "market" here in Hawaii!! :)

I need to get me one of those cordless glue guns. Never seen them here.

I love this post!!! You are so funny. :)

 
At November 10, 2010 at 5:03 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That just made my day! You're blog is wonderful and inspiring!

 
At November 10, 2010 at 11:58 AM , Blogger A Babbling Brunette said...

I just found your blog and I LOVE it!!! You are too cute and I may be copying your awkward/awesome list on my blog!

 
At November 10, 2010 at 11:10 PM , Blogger Poyer the Lawyer said...

"market" is definitely a California and Hawaii thing. I use it here in Idaho all the time and people always say "the farmer's market? the stock market?". Love ya Ash!

 
At November 12, 2010 at 9:57 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I love this post and your blog!! I also read the Daybook and love her blog too!!! I did an awkward and awesome post on my blog! both of your blogs make me smile everytime I read them! thankyou!

Jenae
http://wildflowerlsblog.blogspot.com/

 
At November 13, 2010 at 10:35 PM , Blogger Marianne said...

Hmm, I must have totally missed out on several awkvard moments. Are you supposed to shave your toes if your toes are hairy? Oh well... I put on my Norwegian sharm list.

 
At December 3, 2010 at 12:57 PM , Blogger B said...

You are so friggin' cute! Quit being so cute! OK, don't! I love this post and pft you look amazing in your "4-months-preggers-but-not-actually-preggers" photo. PS - loving the mustache necklace..pretty sure I spelled that wrong. And I agree...whenever my momsy thinks something is tacky or ugly, that basically means it's AWESOME. :D

~ www.billiemonster.com

 
At December 14, 2010 at 2:58 PM , Blogger Michaela said...

Such a cute post. Dontcha HATE when you forget someone's name. So embarrassing! I love waking up to the sound of rain, too (:

 
At January 12, 2011 at 2:45 PM , Anonymous McKell said...

Ok- I caved in... I've been following your blog for a long time now but never posted any comments, however - I L-O-V-E your blog and your honesty and I also know the happy little pitter-patter my heart gets when I get comments ;) I seriously laughed out loud at this post,and had to explain to the hubby what was going on.. I can not tell you how many times I have experienced the oh-so-lovely rat tail pony, or more-than- awkward hug, pat on the back combo's. Anyway- I'm so happy you shared this, and look forward to many more smiles and laugh out loud moments reading your blog!

 
At February 23, 2011 at 7:29 PM , Blogger Kyle said...

i just laughed out loud reading this whole post.... I hadnt seen this post before but i went to the link from your blogiversary post. im glad i did. sooo funny.
Michelle

 
At May 1, 2011 at 8:54 PM , Blogger Sierra said...

Oh my goodness! I call it the market too! Must be a so cal thing:)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home