This Page

has been moved to new address

Anthropologie Lace Flower Necklace {as seen on Tatertots & Jello}

Sorry for inconvenience...

Little Miss Momma: Anthropologie Lace Flower Necklace {as seen on Tatertots & Jello}

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Anthropologie Lace Flower Necklace {as seen on Tatertots & Jello}

REPOSTED from a Guest Spot I had on Tatertots & Jello
{one of my favorite bloggy peeps of all times, just so you know}

I think I'll spare you all the mushy details about the admiration, respect and general happy feelings I have towards Jen and the fabulous Tatertots & Jello  blog.  She is basically pure awesome {but you all know that}, so I'll skip to the real reason I am was asked to guest post today...


To teach you how to make this super duper, crazy easy, Anthropologie inspired, lace and pearl bib necklace.


And this is me, Little Miss Momma {aka Ashley}, wearing said necklace and taking photos of myself through the bathroom mirror {I kinda do that a lot}.


I have a little blog where I like to write about my life lessons as a Momma-in-training {with some occasional crafting during nap time}.

And now, lets make a necklace together:


Here's what you need:
Beige felt {about a square foot}
Pretty Trimming/Lace
Necklace chain {mine is 24 inches, but 18 works well too}
Pearls or other embellishments
Glue gun


First, cut out three felt circles in the size you want your lace flowers.
Cut one circle larger than the others--this will be the middle flower.


Apply a circle of hot glue around the border of one of the felt circles.


Apply the edge of the lace to the the glue.


Continue this process until you have glued down the lace spiraled all the way to the center. Cut the extra lace and glue down the end.



Glue down your pearl embellishments into the center of your flowers.
Now, lay out the flowers on top of the felt in the shape of your necklace.


Glue down the middle flower first.


Next, we get the chain ready.
Here is the chain I ended up using {not the same as the one in the supplies picture}.


Cut the necklace in half.


Apply hot glue to the back of the flower and lay about 3/4 inch of the chain in the glue.


Repeat the same step with the other chain piece.


Now turn over the flowers and glue them into place on either side of the center flower. Lastly, trim the remaining felt from around the flowers.
And that's it!


Here is another necklace I made using a similar tutorial {click here}.



Happy Crafting!


xoxo,
-ashley

Labels: , ,

23 Comments:

At December 30, 2010 at 11:25 PM , Blogger Jenn @ Peas and Crayons said...

OOh i remember this one! What a great tutorial! I have this bookmarked to make later =) Thanks girl!

xoXOxo
Jenn @ Peas & Crayons

 
At December 30, 2010 at 11:29 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I used your grey necklace tutorial to make a necklace for my cousin for Christmas. She LOVES it. Actually, I loved it so much that I wanted to keep it. I'm going to have to try this cute lace one now.

 
At December 30, 2010 at 11:37 PM , Blogger nicole. said...

i <3 the gray necklace.

 
At December 31, 2010 at 12:02 AM , Blogger Pink Princess said...

Love them both ♥

 
At December 31, 2010 at 12:40 AM , Blogger Audrey Crisp said...

This is how I first found your blog! Love love this! I could even make this and I'm not really crafty! Thanks for such a great tutorial! You rock!

 
At December 31, 2010 at 1:13 AM , Blogger Nicole said...

um ashley you are probably the cutest girl i have ever seen. how did i not know about your blog before!

 
At December 31, 2010 at 6:36 AM , Blogger Mindy said...

How cute!

 
At December 31, 2010 at 8:31 AM , Blogger Anna K. said...

Super Cute!
This will be my first craft of 2011!

Happy New Years Eve to you!

 
At December 31, 2010 at 9:42 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow that's so cute!

 
At December 31, 2010 at 10:49 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks a million Miss Ashley, I had other plans today, but I think I will be making these necklaces instead hahahah these are fabulous!!!! Xoxoxoxo

 
At December 31, 2010 at 11:34 AM , Blogger amycornwell said...

Love it! I just made this one too. I'm a little hot glue crazy today. Thanks for the idea!

 
At December 31, 2010 at 12:22 PM , Blogger jillian sara said...

ok can i just say shutup! ok 1. You look super cute in your green sweater! 2. I love this necklace!!! eeeek! 3. I am absolutely in LOVE with your blog! {not like stalker in love... haha} It is my new favorite blog! :)

 
At December 31, 2010 at 12:35 PM , Blogger Mrs Montoya said...

I found you b/c of the first necklace and now I want to make them both. SO cute! Happy New Year to you!!

 
At December 31, 2010 at 8:44 PM , Blogger Autumn @ Autumn All Along said...

So cute! Some day when I have time for all of these cute crafts....

 
At January 1, 2011 at 10:37 AM , Blogger Ami Allison said...

WOW!! What a handsome lil man!! :) I have to do this with my Alie!! Thanks for the inspiration! :)

 
At January 1, 2011 at 9:04 PM , Blogger Taren said...

Gorgeous little guy you have!! He looks like a little Gap model :)

 
At January 2, 2011 at 5:45 PM , Blogger Kissy said...

Where do you buy the chains for your necklaces?

 
At January 3, 2011 at 8:32 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Loved this the first time on Tatertots & Jello! Congrats on that by the way!!! :) Happy New Year!

 
At January 3, 2011 at 10:06 PM , Blogger ashley @ little miss momma said...

hi Kissy,
This particular necklace I took from an old charm necklace that I never wear anymore. BUT usually I buy my chain from the jewelry section at Michaels or JoAnn's--they have tons of options :)
hope this helps!
ashley

 
At January 6, 2011 at 10:38 AM , Blogger Genevieve said...

Wow. Super cute and super crafty! I <3 your blog!

 
At January 18, 2011 at 11:27 PM , Blogger {:miss v:} said...

Hi Ashley!

When I saw this I just had to make it! I went ahead and did so this evening and I'm having problems with the way it lays. The buds don't face the same, the middle one does fine but the outer ones face up and when I move it all falls forward and you can see the backside. Any tips on how to fix? Thanks so much! ;)

 
At June 19, 2011 at 7:02 PM , Blogger J Falker said...

I just made it and had the same problem as miss v, I think I didn't use enough hot glue. I ended up flipping it over and hot gluing any part of the flowers to each other and to the felt that lifted up. I even cut another piece of felt (slim rectangle) and glued it to the back to add more security. It was way easy to make and can't wait to try others. Thanks so much!!!

 
At July 13, 2011 at 11:35 AM , Anonymous Savero said...

try to imitate the way for this beautiful flower necklace. seems easy but once I start it needs a little special skills

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home