This Page

has been moved to new address

Blogging Basics and My Christmas Tree {because those two things go together}

Sorry for inconvenience...

Little Miss Momma: Blogging Basics and My Christmas Tree {because those two things go together}

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Blogging Basics and My Christmas Tree {because those two things go together}

Blogging Basics:
How to Add a Button/Badge to your Blog
How to Add Links to Words within a Post.


When I first started my blog I spent an unnecessary amount of time trying to figure out some blogging basics--so I thought I would save some of you some time.

For those of you who already know all these tips, feel free to add any other tips in the comment section that you think might be helpful to new bloggers.

Adding a button/badge to your blog sidebar:

Have you ever wondered how you can proudly display the badge/button of those blogs you love so much?




 
 

1. Highlight and copy the html code of the button you want to display {you will find the html code in a box right below the button}

2. Log in to your blogger account and go to your blog dashboard.

3. Click on the "design" tab

4. Click on the "Add a Gadget" tab found on your sidebar

5. Click on the " html/javascript" tab.

6. A text box will appear. Paste the html code in that box. Click "save".

7. You should see your new html gadget on your right sidebar at the top. You can click and drag it wherever you want it on your blog.

8. Click "save" at the top of your dashboard, and that's it!

Add a button to a post or page:

1. Highlight and copy the html code of the button you want to display {you will find the html code in a box right below the button}

2. Log in to your blogger account and go to your blog dashboard.

3. Create a "new post".

4. At the top of the post you will see a "compose" tab and an "html" tab. Click on the "html" tab.

5. Paste the html code of the button in this section. Click back on the "compose" tab, and you should see your new button within your post.

*You can follow this same process to add buttons to your pages. For example, I followed this process to add buttons to my "Where I Party" page.


Feel free to test this out with the
Little Miss Momma button, *wink*

Creating a word link:

This is super simple.

After you have typed your post, highlight the word you want to be a link.
With the word highlighted, click on the blue "link" tab at the top of your post. A box will pop up. Paste the link in that box and click "ok". If you do this correctly, the word you linked should be blue now.


For example:


Click HERE, to visit the "Best of Little Miss Momma"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


On another note...


Let's Play, guess the theme of Ashley's Christmas tree, shall we?!













 It's back to the basics of paperchains when you have a toddler who insists on eatting all the ornaments--so much for my pretty tree of years past {sigh}.


And YES, my craft collection did throw up on my Christmas tree this year, in case you were wondering.

Labels: , , ,

37 Comments:

At December 22, 2010 at 11:42 PM , Blogger Nina @ Momma Go Round said...

A) I like how you got dressed at 11:00 to take this picture. That's my girl!

B) I bought that shirt in green. We need to stop doing this or we're gonna show up somewhere one day looking stupid.

 
At December 22, 2010 at 11:43 PM , Blogger Jayna Rae said...

I am in love with your kiddified tree. We let our two year old decorate as well, so all of the ornaments hang on a few choice branches. We will have our themed trees back sooner than we can hope for though.Have a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

 
At December 22, 2010 at 11:47 PM , Blogger Melissa said...

Love the tree!! Just one question... How do you MAKE a button? :)

 
At December 23, 2010 at 12:10 AM , Blogger ashley @ little miss momma said...

Great question Melissa,

Check out my post linked below:
http://littlemissmomma.blogspot.com/2010/09/blog-tips-part-two-techy-behind-scenes.html

You will find a link for creating buttons in the first section :)
hope this helps :)

 
At December 23, 2010 at 3:03 AM , Blogger SkinnyMeg said...

What IS it about toddlers eating the ornaments?? I can see why they would want to touch, but my daughter always tries to eat it, we've had glitter in the poop for a while now :) Merry Christmas!

 
At December 23, 2010 at 4:12 AM , Blogger BFree said...

My tree has fake flowers and lights... no ornaments this year.. I lie we have some plastic bulbs which make for wonderful 'balls'

Merry Christmas!

 
At December 23, 2010 at 4:46 AM , Blogger The Painted Cottage said...

Your tree looks so great! Love all the peace signs! :) And that paper chain is TOO cute ... scrapbook paper?

 
At December 23, 2010 at 5:09 AM , Blogger Ashley Hasty said...

I love love love your tree! So pretty!

www.ahastylife.com

 
At December 23, 2010 at 5:18 AM , Blogger Crazy Wonderful said...

Oooo I likey, what a fun tree! I should have done something like this. Izzy keeps walking over to the tree saying "no, no" as she pulls down the ornaments. Sigh. Between her and the dog I'm suprised the tree is still standing!

 
At December 23, 2010 at 6:18 AM , Blogger Maria-Isabel @ Agape Love Designs said...

I love how your tree is like mine.. NO ornaments towards the bottom!! haha
Well mine didnt start out that way, but as my 20 month old son started pulling them off the tree I had to put them higher and higher until I only had them on the top half of our tree. Now it looks ridiculous.. *sigh*.. maybe next year I can have a nice one. :)

 
At December 23, 2010 at 6:50 AM , Blogger Jenn @ Peas and Crayons said...

Oooh blogging tips! I need mucho of these! I'm still a newbie =)

xoXOxo
Jenn @ Peas & Crayons

 
At December 23, 2010 at 6:55 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your tree! we haven't put one up this year because we seriously had no time! Your button ornaments are really cute- and paper chains are my favorite, I'm just to lazy to make them :)

BTW: I always notice the ring on your right hand, what is it? It looks like a heart, but I'm not sure

 
At December 23, 2010 at 7:26 AM , Blogger Anna K. said...

Your tree is lovely - Can't believe he eats ornaments!!!

Thanks for the tutorial - I actually just created my own last night and added yours to my blog roll page!

Merry Christmas!

 
At December 23, 2010 at 7:51 AM , Blogger Amanda said...

that last line of the post made me laugh out loud. literally.

darling tree!

one serious question: how do you manage to always look so fabulous with a toddler running around who eats ornaments? ;)

 
At December 23, 2010 at 7:53 AM , Blogger TLF said...

I'm loving your tree!!
And I'm pretty sure I've already got your button on my blog. Will have to check. ;)

 
At December 23, 2010 at 8:04 AM , Blogger Jumping Jack said...

I love the paper chain! I should have done that! We have our tree in the front of our house and the walk way to get there is blocked off with one of Jack's "santa" gifts. Luckily, he's only eaten one glass ornament and wasn't cut by it. Thank goodness!

 
At December 23, 2010 at 8:12 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I love your tree! And the peace/hippie/colorful theme you have going on there... ;)

 
At December 23, 2010 at 8:18 AM , Blogger Lindsay Hosanna said...

I have that shirt in blue!! :)

Love your tips & LOVE your tree! Peace!

Merry Christmas to you and your family!

 
At December 23, 2010 at 8:20 AM , Blogger MJ said...

Its Love, Peace & Hairgrease! lol I love the tree its so fun but pretty the lite colors make it feel like cotton candy.

By the way....I have your button displace on my sidebar along with my other new BFFs

 
At December 23, 2010 at 8:30 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Only the top half of our tree is decorated. My little one took off every single ornament she could reach. We tired of putting them all back on.

 
At December 23, 2010 at 8:46 AM , Blogger A Beautiful Life said...

i actually love the paper chain, especially when it's cutie patterned paper! and the peace signs are perfect! Peace on Earth! Merry Christmas!!

 
At December 23, 2010 at 9:36 AM , Blogger Kristyn @ Good Gravy Crafts said...

Love the tree, I wanted to do a paperchain too this year but ran out of time....humph!!

BTW...I love your plaid shirt....where did you find it??

xx-Kristyn

 
At December 23, 2010 at 9:40 AM , Blogger lotts to do said...

Thank you SOOOO much for this. I have been trying my best to figure out how to do this. I added your button to my blog. You are my first button. :D

 
At December 23, 2010 at 10:21 AM , Blogger Lindsay said...

Your tree is gorgeous Ashley! LOVE it!

 
At December 23, 2010 at 12:24 PM , Blogger Kari said...

You're so funny...my craft box threw up on my tree too. Maybe they went drinking together last night?

 
At December 23, 2010 at 4:27 PM , Blogger Amanda said...

I really appreciate your blogging tips. I'm new to blogging about my crafty interests, and they've been a help. Check me out and follow me, if you like.

Amanda

Ninth Street Notions

 
At December 23, 2010 at 8:51 PM , Blogger Radiomom said...

Thanks for the tip!! I added your button! :) IT WORKED! yay me!! HA

 
At December 23, 2010 at 9:14 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just added your button to my blog!!!

www.gooseandlovie.blogspot.com

Now off to make one of my own!

Hayley

 
At December 24, 2010 at 1:21 PM , Blogger kenna said...

Hi Ashley! I just became a follower and have to confess I have read almost all of your entries. Your Imagined vs. Reality is my favorite! As a young mother you inspire me to create and see the beauty in everything. Your blog taught me its okay to super-size your meal at mcdonalds...and that keeping a few secrets is okay! Thanks for all your inspiration and creativity.
follow me at: noodlesisters.blogspot.com :)

 
At December 24, 2010 at 2:40 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Love your hippie tree!!!

 
At December 24, 2010 at 5:05 PM , Blogger megan said...

I am dying over your tree! Love it! Is that Amy Butler paper? She's amazing!

 
At December 27, 2010 at 6:38 PM , Blogger ashley @ little miss momma said...

plaid shirt: at target
heart ring: tiffanys

love,
ashley

 
At April 22, 2011 at 7:25 AM , Anonymous Jen Thaler said...

Thanks so much for all your blogging tips. I've been doing this for about 2 months, and some things I've figured out on my own, because I've had to - but your tips really helped put everything together and simplify it.

 
At May 10, 2011 at 5:45 PM , Blogger MeganK said...

I just added your badge to my blog!! I heart your blog!!

 
At July 7, 2011 at 11:20 PM , Blogger Lauren {whimsy lane} said...

Ahhh you'e awesome!
Thanks for these tips! When posting links in my posts, I was doing it by copy/pasting a code and then changing the addresses. I know. Ridiculous. This will save me so much time!!
Thanks :D

 
At July 22, 2011 at 1:02 PM , Blogger minihousemightyhearts said...

Thanks for the tutorial on how to place a button in a post! Much needed! You are awesome!

 
At July 24, 2011 at 6:42 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tutorial helped a lot, it's about time i start posting. Your button definitely went on my page. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home