This Page

has been moved to new address

Felt Christmas Tree TUTORIAL {by Tatertots and Jello}

Sorry for inconvenience...

Little Miss Momma: Felt Christmas Tree TUTORIAL {by Tatertots and Jello}

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Felt Christmas Tree TUTORIAL {by Tatertots and Jello}

Today we basically have a celebrity guest blogging with us--a crafting celebrity, that is!

Jen, of TT&J is best known for her neato subway art projects and burlap creations--and for being the sweetest blogger ever!


She has also played a HUGE roll in putting my little blog on the map in the blogging world--and for that I will be forever grateful!

She is also one of my FAVORITE people to follow on facebook because she always posts the BEST ideas from other craft bloggers!

And today, we are blog swapping {hip hip hooray}!
Head over to TT&J to check out my latest Anthropologie Inspired Necklace Tutorial {the post won't be up until later this afternoon}

And now I hand you over to the incredible Jen!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello Little Miss Momma readers!!
I'm Jen from Tatertots and Jello and I am so excited to be here!


Can I tell you how much I love Ashley??
She is so honest, funny, talented and adorable!!

I'd love to share a little project I made recently--
Whimsical Felt Trees!!

I am loving felt lately. I saw a tutorial from Thompson Family Life and fell in love with her felt trees. I just had to make some!! Danielle has a fantastic tutorial. I did a few things differently. One thing is that in addition to using felt, I found some flannel in different colors that I used on the cones.
I found the ribbon at Hobby Lobby. I used some scrapbook brads as embellishments.



You will need:

Felt -- at least 2-3 different colors for each tree that you make. You can also use flannel, but it is thinner so keep that in mind.

Glue gun

Styrofoam Cones

Ribbon

Vintage buttons or scrap booking brads.

Lace

• I found the easiest thing to do was wrap the whole cone in one felt or flannel first. Then once that layer is glued on, you can add another layer or two of felt.

• Then you can add ribbon and buttons or brads over the layers of felt.

• The last thing I did was cut a small circle to fit over the top of the cone.

• If you don't want to use Styrofoam cones, you can use scrapbook paper and roll it up so that it cone-shaped. This would be much cheaper. Then make a bottom out of scrapbook paper as well and glue it together. Cover the bottom with felt as well.

• To make the scallops, you can trace around a small glass or something round, or you can hand cut the felt. I also used pinking shears.


They are so bright and colorful on my whimsical family room mantle.



Thanks for letting me come over, Ashley!!!

xoxo


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aside from being a crafty superstar, Jen is GORGEOUS, right?!
Be sure to stop by Tatertots and Jello later this afternoon, because I will be showing you how to make this fun necklace:


And then head over to Under the Table and Dreaming to enter the Little Miss Momma Etsy Shop GIVEAWAY!
Happy Crafting!

Labels: , ,

16 Comments:

At December 14, 2010 at 11:42 AM , Anonymous Ashley said...

These are fantastic! Makes me want to go to the craft store right now. :)

 
At December 14, 2010 at 12:30 PM , Blogger Anna K. said...

Yay! What a fun holiday craft!

 
At December 14, 2010 at 12:30 PM , Blogger Jackie said...

Love your White Rose on Antiqued Silver Band! It's beauiful and would go great when wearing almost anything!

 
At December 14, 2010 at 1:38 PM , Blogger Michaela said...

I love Jen! And I'm so happy I found YOU through her! You're awesome and your Etsy shop is adorable. So looking forward to getting to know you more through blogging (:
xo Michaela

 
At December 14, 2010 at 1:43 PM , Blogger Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

Thanks for letting me come over! Sorry for all the confusion with the post. You are beyond incredible!!!

I love your necklace. And, those rings are fab!!! I'm wearing one right now :)

xoxo
Jen

 
At December 14, 2010 at 1:57 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Hi! I came over from Jen's TT&J blog! Definitley thinking I need to become a follower! :)

 
At December 14, 2010 at 3:57 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I love the felt and flannel trees, so cute!

http://www.alwaysinwonder.com

 
At December 14, 2010 at 4:43 PM , Blogger MrsJenB said...

The trees are gorgeous and super cute. I swear, you crafty gals drive me nuts and make me want to buy every crafting tool out there at the same time.

 
At December 14, 2010 at 5:29 PM , Blogger Stacy P. said...

Hey! Love love love your blog. I'm a brand new blogger...and after reading your "what I wish I knew when I started blogging" tips, I'm really excited to try and make my site better.
Beautiful family- So glad to *meet* you!

 
At December 15, 2010 at 2:58 AM , Blogger Melody Joy Deetz said...

I would love to win the black or gray ring - they are gorgeous! :)

 
At December 15, 2010 at 8:18 AM , Blogger Ali Rockwell said...

Those trees are so great!!!!

 
At December 15, 2010 at 11:10 AM , Blogger Vanessa@Lovin-Life said...

I saw your super cute necklace on Tatertots and Jello, I was so excited I went out and bought the stuff last night and am going to make my own cute necklace tonight. I'm now a follower of your blog. thanks for the idea and how to!

 
At December 15, 2010 at 12:08 PM , Blogger SinceSass said...

I love a good craft (esp ones you can wear)!!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/SinceSass

 
At December 15, 2010 at 8:59 PM , Blogger Amanda said...

so whimsical and cute!

just wanted ya to know, i'm a new follower but have already included your ruffled pillows in my "Dear Santa (for the home)" list and posted about it this evening. also, i will be attempting your Anthropologie inspired necklace tomorrow. i'll let you know how it goes... if it turns out pretty, of course. ;)

stop by sometime, will ya? :)
perfectimperfection13.blogspot.com

-Amanda

 
At December 16, 2010 at 10:05 AM , Blogger Ami Allison said...

WOW!! I'm so envious! I want Jen on my blog!!! What an adorable tutorial too! Thanks for sharing this with us!! :)

 
At December 16, 2010 at 10:33 AM , Blogger Beverly {Flamingo Toes} said...

I love these trees!! So cool - and the colors are great!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home