This Page

has been moved to new address

The Shine Project {be inspired}

Sorry for inconvenience...

Little Miss Momma: The Shine Project {be inspired}

Monday, March 28, 2011

The Shine Project {be inspired}

Every now and then
someone comes into your life
who makes you want to be a better version of yourself.

And sometimes that person is a stranger,
someone you have never met in person,
but have observed and admired from afar.

And then sometimes you get the nerve to shoot her an email
to tell her just how special you think she is,
and how the work she is doing MATTERS.

For me, that person is Ashley LeMieux,
the author of Shine and creator of The Shine Project...
A project dedicated to finding the light within ourselves,
and then spreading that light to others
through random acts of kindess.

Every week,
she gives us new challenges.
Here are some of my favorite:
Meet Your Neighbor
Write A Letter To Your Teacher
Quit Talking and Begin DOING
Do Something You've Never Done (I AM poster)




ashlemieux














Now, meet Ashley.
She'll insire you.
Join her challenge.
Make a difference.
Be better.
And Shine.

Guest Blogger: Ashley LeMeuix, The Shine Project

 
Just so we're a little more aquainted, my name is Ashley,
and I want to inspire the WORLD.

Photobucket

Raise your hand if you've ever had a dream,
and you didn't reach it.
Don't be shy, no one can actually see you raising your hand at your computer,
unless you're in your work cubicle or something,
then this might be awkward.

Why do all of us have a goal that has been left unfulfilled?
Why do we sell ourselves short of our potential?
This is why I created The Shine Project.
To give daily motivation,
and weekly challenges,
that push us out of our comfort zone to stop making excuses
to do HARD THINGS!

Photobucket

Now, think about the last time you went out of your way,
to help someone.
The Shine Project is also a source of motivation to push us
to give light to those around us who are in need.
Think of what the world would be like,
if everyone did one thoughtful thing for someone else every day.
I want The Shine Project to change the world.

Photobucket

Come join The Shine Project team.
Motivate yourself, motivate eachother,
feel good about what you can accomplish,
and lift the burdens of those around you.

I have created SHINE necklaces
so we all can have a daily reminder of our purpose.

$1 for each necklace sold goes into The Shine Project Scholarship Fund,
which will be rewarded to an inner city highschool student to help them pay for college.

Photobucket

This week's Shine Challenge is to give a compliment a day.
Are you up for it?

I will be revealing a big project I've been working on this month,
that will spread The Shine Project to more people.
Come join me at http://www.ashlemieux.blogspot.com/
And go ahead,
let the world see you SHINE.

Labels: ,

16 Comments:

At March 28, 2011 at 11:36 PM , Blogger Jenny {Heavenly Blossoms} said...

hey Ashley times two! This is wonderful! I actually remember hearing about this before. Not sure if it was LMM. But I know that this is a really really great thing. And I really want to participate! Thanks so much for putting this out to all the bloggers out there.

 
At March 28, 2011 at 11:51 PM , Blogger Nina @ Momma Go Round said...

So funny! I just found Ashley this week and have TOTALLY fallen in love with her blog. She's adorable and her mission is amazing.

 
At March 29, 2011 at 4:21 AM , Blogger Chrissy @ the Pearl Blog said...

I have been reading her blog fora few weeks and love it! Such a great love for helping others!

 
At March 29, 2011 at 5:57 AM , Blogger Geezees Custom Canvas Art said...

Ashley is gorgeous inside and out...and the necklaces are so pretty!

 
At March 29, 2011 at 7:18 AM , Blogger Lindsay said...

Ive been following this sweet girl for a few months and keep thinking to myself how amazing she is. She is going to be BIG :)

 
At March 29, 2011 at 7:34 AM , Blogger Kristina @ A Home Made by Kiki said...

I've been following Ashley for a while...so inspiring!

 
At March 29, 2011 at 8:53 AM , Blogger Jacqueline said...

I ABSOLUTELY know what you mean about meeting Ashley, or well, tweeting her. There's something to be said for someone who has the power to make you want to be better without ever actually meeting them. Great guest blog post today! I love your blog, girl... it's so cute and refreshing!

Jac

jacmaries.blogspot.com

 
At March 29, 2011 at 9:08 AM , Blogger Sarah said...

Hey. I love your blog. It is truely one of the highlights of my day reading it :) I am also a follower of The Shine Project, and I think it is a fantastic thing. Great guest post.

www.hedgehogcorner.blogspot.com

 
At March 29, 2011 at 10:17 AM , Blogger Erica said...

Thanks for sharing, I am inspired :)

 
At March 29, 2011 at 1:15 PM , Blogger JoEllen said...

Thanks for sharing this blog...I'm already in love! The crazy thing is I recognized the newspaper article she was in and we are in the same stake! Small world...

 
At March 29, 2011 at 1:32 PM , Blogger Marissa said...

Thanks for sharing this info about The Shine Project! I had never heard of it before, but I'm always looking for ways to be inspired :)

 
At March 29, 2011 at 3:06 PM , Blogger melislauren said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At March 29, 2011 at 3:08 PM , Anonymous melis@milarosedesigns said...

It's so inspiring to find someone that lives their life helping others shine! I love it! Thanks for introducing her!

 
At March 29, 2011 at 7:09 PM , Blogger Autumn @ Autumn All Along said...

I love how positive her blog is :)

 
At March 31, 2011 at 11:30 AM , Blogger Marlee said...

I now follow her! Thanks to you! And I even got myself a shine necklace :)

 
At April 26, 2011 at 11:00 AM , Blogger An Oasis in the Desert said...

What a lovely and very rewarding program. Thank you for sharing the "other" Ashley's blog. It makes you feel good just thinking about it, so now I'm off to visit her blog and get started.
CAS

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home