This Page

has been moved to new address

The Headband Challenge and Link Party

Sorry for inconvenience...

Little Miss Momma: The Headband Challenge and Link Party

Friday, August 5, 2011

The Headband Challenge and Link Party

Get caught up on the challenge here.


What I Learned From the Headband Challenge:

1. Apparently my forehead is even larger than I already knew it was. And headbands can either hide or accentuate its massive surface area. I prefer to hide it.

2. I like headbands more than I knew.

3. They can be worn with pony tails. And when a busy week calls for limited hair washing, this style is the method of choice. Before this week, I had never worn a headband this way.

4. Strangers will compliment you. And who doesn't love a compliment from a stranger.

5. Headbands don't need to be matchy matchy with your outfit. 

6. Wearing a headband to the pool can take the attention off your swimsuit--two thumbs up.


7. Don't wear all your headbands at once.


8. Sometimes something as simple as stepping out of your comfort zone to wear a headband, can be just the nudge you need to build up the courage to be YOU.

9. I need more headbands.


family lunch day

pool day

actually flat ironed my hair day

errand running day

stayed in sweats day

bad hair day

sat at computer day

100 degree weather day

What did you learn from the headband challenge?

Now, time to link up.

Here's how:
On your blog, write a post and include all the pictures of you wearing your headbands, be sure to include a link back to LMM so others can join the party.  Publish the post.  Then copy the url {web address} for your specific headband post and head over here.  Scroll to the end of this post and then click "add your link".  Follow the instructions given on the next screen and paste your link in the appropriate box. After you paste your link, complete the instructions provided. Come up with a clever title that will make people want to click on your thumbnail.  Once you finish, a thumbnail of your post will show up here.  And then you're all linked up! That's it. Easy peasy.  
 Tell your friends to head over and "like" your thumbnail.  Thumbnails with more "likes" will most likely get featured. 
____________________

CONGRATS to Comment #473, Katey
you won the lovely Tiffany's Ring from Miss Mommy!


Labels: , ,

28 Comments:

At August 5, 2011 at 2:19 AM , Anonymous Carol Alexandre said...

Hi Ashley,
Your blog is such an inspiration for me!!!
I am a cupcake baker from Brazil, and now I'm sewing because of you. And I'm loving it!!!
Have a wonderful day!
Cheers,
Carol

 
At August 5, 2011 at 2:48 AM , Blogger Jessica @ jessicaNdesigns said...

CAN'T believe I was the first one!! YAY! Thanks for hosting babe! xoxo

 
At August 5, 2011 at 4:46 AM , Blogger Kate said...

I had so much fun doing this! :)

 
At August 5, 2011 at 5:51 AM , Blogger Jami said...

Thanks for doing this! I definitely stepped out of my comfort zone. So fun!

 
At August 5, 2011 at 6:12 AM , Blogger Steph B. said...

This has made me realize that I need more headbands. LOL Good thing I'm going shopping today!

The Random Mommy Blog

 
At August 5, 2011 at 6:23 AM , Blogger elizabeth said...

thanks for this great linky. you look so cute in all your headbands! showing some headband love! xoxo

 
At August 5, 2011 at 6:42 AM , Blogger Megan said...

Thank you Ashley for hosting such a fun linky party! Love your blog, so inspiring ;-)

 
At August 5, 2011 at 6:51 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yours are so dange cute! You make me want to buy one (or make one)! : )

 
At August 5, 2011 at 7:13 AM , Blogger Jeanna said...

Thanks for all the reasons to wear headbands I'm so going to wear more and stop wearing my sunglasses as my headband. LOL

Jeanna @ dramaqueenseams.blogspot.com

 
At August 5, 2011 at 7:30 AM , Blogger Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

It's funny that you mention the headband with the ponytail...I always think it is so purpose-less, but when I see it on others I think it is really cute. I took 2 pics of me with a headband last week...I will try to link up soon! Looks like I have 14 days...

 
At August 5, 2011 at 8:59 AM , Blogger Jessica @ Sunny Tuesday said...

I'm so sad I missed this! All these pics are definitely inspiring! :)

 
At August 5, 2011 at 9:13 AM , Blogger Amy Lynn said...

This is SO fun! You're so beautiful with all your different headbands on (and without them as well).

I saw this a while ago and I was thinking about trying it...but all my headbands are the same - I have maybe 2 different styles...hopefully this fall I'll be able to try some different ones when I'm not working at the pool every day (I'm not sure all the headbands would work with my lifeguard uniform)

Love it!

Amy Lynn

 
At August 5, 2011 at 10:31 AM , Blogger Life In The Thrifty Lane said...

Thanks for hosting! Loved this challenge!!

 
At August 5, 2011 at 10:48 AM , Blogger ilene @ muchloveilly said...

i super wish that i remembered to do this last week - but i didn't. boo. love seeing your headband collection - you rocked it! (and i'm sooo proud to be among your daily wear!!)

 
At August 5, 2011 at 11:01 AM , Blogger Memoirs of Me & Mine said...

Love your blog. I hope I can have as many followers on my blog someday!
www.rebeccabany.com

 
At August 5, 2011 at 11:53 AM , Blogger simi said...

I think my fave would have to be the flat-ironed-hair-day-one, and the sat-at-computer-day band.
Love it!

 
At August 5, 2011 at 1:37 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

oh my goodness. I thought the pic of you with all your headbands was ONE headband. haha. if you want another headband, I'm giving one away @ http://masonsroost.blogspot.com/2011/08/too-tired-giveaway.html

 
At August 5, 2011 at 2:00 PM , Blogger Mrs. Bennett Has Class said...

This was so stinkin' fun! Thank you for being the hostess with the mostest!!!

 
At August 5, 2011 at 2:05 PM , Blogger {Trulie Scrumptious} said...

what a fun idea! headbands trulie are the best things ever!

 
At August 5, 2011 at 2:18 PM , Blogger Libby said...

i put a headband on 1 day and took it off like 4 mins later and pinned my bangs back like I always do! i have made some really cute headbands, I should send you one! i've made like 3 for myself and never, ever wear them. i even have 2 headbands on my desk right now that i've worn into work and take off as soon as i sit down, haha

 
At August 5, 2011 at 2:25 PM , Anonymous Sarah said...

I love observation #7. It totally cracked me up. I wonder now what it would look like if I put on all my headbands!

 
At August 5, 2011 at 4:39 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

this is so fun! having trouble 'liking' other's pics...it keeps sending me an error. maybe it's just me.

lovely idea. you look so cute in your headbands!! xo

 
At August 5, 2011 at 6:17 PM , Blogger Amanda @ little b said...

Bummed I missed this headband challenge, I LOVE headbands :) Love all your headband photos, super cute looks!

 
At August 5, 2011 at 6:40 PM , Blogger Paula (PEP) said...

I was trying to Like no 45 - the one with the dreads but couldn't get any acknowledgement so not sure if I did it properly or even twice!
Paula (PEP)

 
At August 5, 2011 at 7:45 PM , Blogger The Best Me said...

I'm loving all these awesome headbands! Sadly, I can't wear them because anything tight on my head gives me a headache. Sometimes just wearing sunglasses gives me a headache...weird, I know. So, I will just keep looking at all the pretty pictures and imagining how fun it would be to wear one!

 
At August 5, 2011 at 8:25 PM , Blogger Amy @ A Place in This World said...

I'm cracking up because I totally had a bad day yesterday so I came home and put on all of my just lovely things headbands at once and cracked up at myself in the mirror. I love that you tried to wear all of yours at once too!

 
At August 6, 2011 at 6:23 AM , Blogger Elizabeth @Port Of Thoughts said...

Thanks for having this challenge. It was entirely too much fun. I love reading and looking at everyone elses too. I've found some great little Etsy shops through this. GO HEADBANDS!

 
At August 6, 2011 at 6:57 AM , Blogger Kirsten said...

Hey there. Life is so strange sometimes...

I had never heard of your blog before today. I came across it while on another blog (http://saturatedcanary.blogspot.com} because she had linked up with your link party for headbands. So I curiously came to your blog to look around...and of course loved it at first site =) I'm sure I've done this search before today and never saw your site but this morning I did a Google search for 'tips on taking good self portraits' and suddenly your site pops up in my search! Weird...it reminds me of the movie Sliding Doors...life works in mysterious ways. I guess I would have found your site today whether through Saturated Canary or through my Google search or who knows how? Either way...I'm happy I did =)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home