This Page

has been moved to new address

Button Earring Tutorial {{{in 5 minutes or less}}}

Sorry for inconvenience...

Little Miss Momma: Button Earring Tutorial {{{in 5 minutes or less}}}

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Button Earring Tutorial {{{in 5 minutes or less}}}

5 Minute Button Earring Tutorial

Yes, this is another button project.  I swear I don't plan it this way, it just happens--it seems I've got buttons on the brain this month!  Heads up: this tutorial is neither super creative or unique {however, it is something I made the other night, and since I share all my crafting escapades with you, I even have to post the less-than-exciting ones 
{such as this button earring tutorial}.

UPDATE: A fellow blogger has informed me that the fabulous blog, Trey and Lucy, has an even more fabulous button earring tutorial that you will love {her's are actually much more creative, so check it out too}!

Here's what you need for this easy-peasy project:


Set of pierced earring posts {purchased at Michael's}
Set of earring backs {purchased at Michael's}
Your favorite buttons
Glue gun and hot glue
5 minutes of time

STEP ONE:
I stacked two buttons on top of each other to create a more unique look.  Use hot glue to attach your two favorite buttons.



STEP TWO:
Glue the backing onto the back of your button.  Repeat this step with the second button and backing.


That's it--no really, that's it!
Now put them in your ear and show off your handmade button earrings!


Then take a scary close up picture and share it for the blogging world to see!
Not as easy as you would think to take a picture of your own ear.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At May 2, 2010 at 1:35 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

okay, at least i know i can manage the scary eyeball part! the hot gluing things together is a whole other story...

thanks for leaving me a comment on alabaster cow and i'm so happy you stopped by because i really do enjoy reading your blog!

 
At May 2, 2010 at 5:22 PM , Blogger Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

Cute idea, fun and easy. Thanks for sharing!

 
At May 2, 2010 at 6:45 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cute, Ashley! You are so creative - thanks for sharing your ideas! xoxo Tressa

 
At May 3, 2010 at 11:44 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

treyandlucy.blogspot.com came up with this tut. you should give credit where it is deserved.

 
At May 3, 2010 at 4:16 PM , Blogger ashley @ little miss momma said...

Dear Comment #4,

Thank you for the heads up about Trey and Lucy {even if it was anonymous and kinda harsh}. I have added an update and a link to this post sending my readers over to the lovely and talented trey and lucy--which I would have done initially had i of been aware that such a tutorial already existed.

p.s. her tutorial is far superior anyway {not even a comparison to mine} so no need to get all worked up.

 
At May 7, 2010 at 2:01 AM , Blogger Bird said...

That is soo simple and so clever! And looks so cute!!

LOVE IT!! :)

 
At March 1, 2011 at 6:12 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Such a simple idea, I'm sure many many people have done something similar. I love how you took the harsh criticism so well and added a link to the other blog. I love that you stacked buttons, and I love that they trimmed the shank off of some seriously cute buttons! My ears are pouting for some cute new things, perhaps I'll find some time to put my own spin on this!
Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home