This Page

has been moved to new address

"Get Off My Bum" iPod Playlist Needed

Sorry for inconvenience...

Little Miss Momma: "Get Off My Bum" iPod Playlist Needed

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

"Get Off My Bum" iPod Playlist Needed

"Get Off My Bum" iPod Playlist Needed

Last week I was re-reading a recent post I wrote about my bad attitude when it comes to any form of exercise ever since I got pregnant with Lil W.  When I finished reading  I came to the conclusion that 'enough is enough'.  I need to get off my bum and break a sweat, no more excuses!

Before I pound the pavement, there are a few goodies I must have with me: 

#1: A loose t-shirt
There is no one who needs to see me in a tight shirt {while running, nonetheless} post baby. It just wouldn't be pretty, hence the lose shirt must have.  
{Is it counter-productive to wear this shirt while working out?}

#2: My super nifty jogging stroller


#3: My Little Man to keep me company in his
favorite nifty stroller


BTW: I had no idea how exhausting it was to run
while pushing a stroller--phew!

#4 and 5: My Nike iPod Chip and Compatible Shoes


This contraption is amazing {and cheap}! A little chip fits in my shoe and then I plug a receiver into my iPod. Then my iPod tracks my distance, speed, route, estimated calories burned, etc--all the while playing awesome tunes that keep me going {without having to wear a bulky heart rate monitor}.


Here's the thing though...I absolutely cannot exercise unless I am listening to some awesome {pump-up} music--you know, the kind of music that pushes you to do one more lap or to kick up your speed.

And, between my overplayed Glee Soundtrack and my outdated iTunes library, I have been trapped in baby world listening to Singing Elmo, Baby Einstein and Lullaby songs--I have no idea what should be on my stellar Running Play List.

And that's where {you} come in!

What music do you run, spin, kick box, yoga, Pilates, cycle to???
What can you "not live without" when you are burning those calories?


Leave me a comment with the songs you think I should put on my playlist, pretty please {with a cherry on top}.

If you don't post your favorite songs, it's very likely I will continue to find another excuse to post-pone that run for tomorrow {no pressure or anything}.

Labels:

10 Comments:

At March 23, 2010 at 9:55 PM , Blogger Cory and Katie Ledesma said...

Oh gurl do I have a list for you...so here it goes:

Tik Tok by Kesha
Down by Jay Sean
Do You Remember by Jay Sean
I Gotta Feeling- Black Eyed Peas
Single Ladies- Beyonce
Pump It- Black Eyed Peas
Diva- Beyonce
How Far We've Come- Matchbox 20
Do You Feel- Rocket Summer

That should keep you busy for awhile. These are all really catchy and high energy songs- for me at least!

Let me know how they go for you!

XOXO! Wish we could run together before our race on Saturday!

 
At March 23, 2010 at 10:22 PM , Blogger ashley @ little miss momma said...

and let the downloading begin...

 
At March 24, 2010 at 5:38 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I tend to like rock when I am working out like Seether, Breaking Benjamin, Three Days Grace, etc.

 
At March 24, 2010 at 12:01 PM , Blogger Erica said...

Black Betty by Ram Jam is my all time favorite get-up-and-get-moving song. Plus it makes me think of Johnny Depp in the movie Blow which helps!

 
At March 25, 2010 at 12:41 AM , Blogger Poyer the Lawyer said...

Having the right playlist is so important! Now this is a sort of intense suggestion, but it works so well. You can actually get songs whose beat will match how fast you want to run. Check out this site http://www.selfgrowth.com/articles/sundquist.html which matches what "minute mile" you want to run or walk with the steps per minute. Then Google an online "BPM" (Beats Per Minute) calculator to check the BPMs of your songs. Or just google for songs within that BPM range.

For me, my perfect pace goes to Justin Timberlake's "What Goes Around (Comes Around)", its about 155 BPM I think. I'm telling you, having your foot hit pavement on every beat in a song keeps me out there so much longer than I would otherwise.

Also, Glee songs are great to run to. As are musical songs in general (Rent, Wicked, Mamma Mia, Legally Blonde) because they make you focus on the story rather than the pain of running, and the songs are often longer than normal ones!

Sorry this was so long! But this subject is something I have thought about a lot! :)

 
At March 25, 2010 at 4:35 AM , Blogger senioritis said...

Anything from any Rocky soundtrack usually does the trick for us Ashley :)

On a separate note we always enjoy seeing your updates, we especially like your how tos, and have nominated you for a Sunshine Award. For more info just check out our most recent blog post ;)

 
At March 25, 2010 at 11:37 AM , Blogger ashley @ little miss momma said...

Great Songs everyone! I am headed to iTunes tonight!

 
At March 25, 2010 at 6:09 PM , Blogger chris said...

Have you tried any Muse tunes? They have some fun things that get you moving, too.

 
At March 28, 2010 at 10:50 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

A Little Less Conversation remix by Elvis Presley. You must move when you hear it. You can't help it :)

 
At April 3, 2010 at 11:17 AM , Anonymous Heather said...

I like to listen to Avenue Q and other musicals while I'm running. Musicals are fun, high-energy, and they tell me a story while I'm sweating and huffing and puffing and realizing I'm not in the shape I used to be. Good luck! I know it's hard to get started once you've been out of the exercise loop for awhile.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home