This Page

has been moved to new address

Baby Food Jar Project {DIY Gift Packaging}

Sorry for inconvenience...

Little Miss Momma: Baby Food Jar Project {DIY Gift Packaging}

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Baby Food Jar Project {DIY Gift Packaging}

DIY Gift Packaging
aka Re-Purpose Baby Food Jars

Last week I posted a tutorial on how to make your own statement rings, locket rings, etc. And as promised, I have included a how-to for some adorable and cheap gift packaging for your new rings. I have been collecting baby food jars since Baby W was a wee-one, waiting for the perfect project for them.  Well i have found it--gift jars!

I know some girlies who are graduating this week, so I made them each a locket ring and packaged them up in these bad boys:


 
 Cute, huh!

Here's what you need to make your own:
Empty baby food jars {or any jars}
Spray paint for the lids {in the color of your choice}
Any other fun packaging {see tins above that I found at Michael's for $1}
White crinkle paper for filler {or tissue paper}
Florist foam {optional}
Fringe and other embellishments
Glue gun and hot glue

STEP ONE:
Spray paint all the lids the color of your choice and set them aside to dry.

STEP TWO:

Place your foam inside of your jar or gift box/tin.
This step is not necessary--I used the foam to be sure that the ring stayed upright.

Place your crinkle paper on top of the foam to hide it. 
Firmly press your ring base into the foam to hold it into place.

STEP THREE:

Add all of your embellishments with the hot glue.
Learn how to make these paper flowers here.

Hot glue your fringe around the rim of your jars and/or tins.

Add any other fun embellishments such as the monogram J on the large jar.
I also glue gunned a strip of funky scrapbook paper around the jars.



And there you have it.

A super easy, super fun, and super cheap way to create the ultimate keepsake gift wrapping.

Perfect for any small gifts

Happy Crafting!

Labels: ,

12 Comments:

At June 10, 2010 at 8:35 PM , Anonymous AllisonO of O My Family said...

Holy moly, lady. You are one impressive crafter! Now if you'll excuse me I have to go drown my craftiness envy in a bottle of modge-podge.

 
At June 11, 2010 at 6:35 AM , Blogger Brittany Davis Photography said...

super cute Ash!! I will have to do those for sure!

 
At June 11, 2010 at 1:08 PM , Blogger  Justine said...

These are super cute! I love baby food jars. I use them as button holders :)

 
At June 11, 2010 at 4:31 PM , Blogger Charissa said...

Love it. I've been saving these jars with no clear idea of what to do next. Bookmarking for future reference - I think my readers would like to see these!

Charissa
www.thegiftedblog.com

 
At June 14, 2010 at 8:03 PM , Blogger Laura said...

These are adorable. How did you make the circle of paper on the large jar? I've tried to do that but it never turns out very well.

I am hosting a giveaway and would love it if you checked it out!

Laura @ along for the ride

 
At June 14, 2010 at 8:59 PM , Blogger ashley @ little miss momma said...

hi there Laura,

Here is a link on how to make those pinwheel thingies...I hope this helps ;)

ashley

 
At June 14, 2010 at 10:11 PM , Blogger The Autocrat: Haley said...

I love redoing jars!! Especially like the mini baby food jars! You did a fabulous job!!

 
At June 18, 2010 at 9:28 PM , Blogger Jenni said...

These are super cute...now if I only would have saved my baby food jars!

 
At August 10, 2010 at 3:23 PM , Blogger Charissa said...

Hi Ashley - Just wanted to let you know I featured this idea as a green gift wrapping idea on my blog (www.thegiftedblog.com/2010/08/green-gift-wrapping-roundup.html). Thank you so much for sharing your creativity. Gift wrapping that uses found objects is my favorite!

 
At October 2, 2010 at 6:50 AM , Anonymous Carolyn said...

Thank you! We're doing a project like this at our upcoming ladies retreat and I needed some ideas ... your's were excellent!

 
At November 11, 2010 at 2:26 AM , Blogger Zafran ali said...

These are super cute! I love baby food jars. I use them as button holders.thank,s for nice sharing.Send Flowers Pakistan

 
At June 29, 2011 at 1:42 PM , Blogger Steph @ somewhatsimple said...

Such a great idea! I am going to feature this on SomewhatSimple.com tonight!
Thanks for the inspiration,
Steph

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home