This Page

has been moved to new address

Let's Get Organized, Shall We

Sorry for inconvenience...

Little Miss Momma: Let's Get Organized, Shall We

Friday, July 9, 2010

Let's Get Organized, Shall We

PART I
{the embarrassing part}

You know when you've been out of town for a while, and then you get back and you feel like your life {and home} have turned into complete chaos during your absence?

Well that's exactly how I felt after getting home from:


Where our family welcomed back my hubby's parents from their 3 year LDS church mission in Leeds, England.




We had such an incredible time with our family.
Baby W had a blast with his older cousins.


He spent the entire trip admiring how his big boy cousins got from place to place using their feet instead of their hands and knees.

So sure enough, as soon as we got home, Baby W decided he was ready to give walking a try for himself.


And just as soon as he took those first steps, he entered a new phase of "curiousness"--and it seemed nothing in our home was off limits to his curiosity.

The second I sprinted into the family room to find him crying with both of his fingers shut in the drawer, I knew it was time to take action.

Time to get organized.

Time to get baby-proofed.

And when I told Baby W about the plan, these were his thoughts:

"But Momma, I like opening and closing every drawer and cupboard in the house--even if my fingers get in the way sometimes--and especially when the cupboard has sharp and dangerous objects inside"

And because I have no shame with y'all,
I have decided to provide you with a handful of my before pictures demonstrating the desperate need my house has for some MAJOR organization.

Exhibit A:
My pantry.

Disgraceful, I know.
But at least the jumbo peanut butter and chocolate milk are readily available.

Exhibit B:
My closet.

I don't even have an excuse for this madness.
Time to execute the golden rule of clothes hoarding:
"If you haven't worn it in a year--trash it".

Exhibit C:
Under my guest bathroom sink.

I just keep my fingers crossed that my guests never open the cupboard.

Exhibit D:
The hubbies cramped closet.

Due to my clothes hoarding illness, the hubby's clothes have gotten the shaft and currently reside in our much too small spare bedroom closet.

Are you embarrassed for me yet?

If so, then you'll be proud of my next step.

First I headed over to my buddy blogger, Leanne, over at
for some inspiration.

She has this awesome link party for all organizing posts and I am determined to link up my results by her next party!

So I headed over to Bead, Bath and Beyond--the mecca of organizing goodness--and I picked up a few necessities for the pantry {baby steps}.


No more stale pasta and cereal in this house.

I also picked up all my baby-proofing paraphernalia.


And so it begins.

The organizing extravaganza.

I WILL get organized, if its the last thing I do this summer--you mark my words!

Are you in?

{after pictures will be posted upon completion--so stay tuned}

Labels: ,

16 Comments:

At July 10, 2010 at 12:00 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Ug, my house is just as bad. We just added baby number three to the mix and along with toddler number 2, makes for some much needed organization. I HATE those drawer and door childproofing things, such a pain to open as an adult, but they are so necessary if you don't want to clean up the tupperware every 5 minutes. Good luck!

 
At July 10, 2010 at 4:51 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

You are not alone (insert MJ voice). We are organizing this weekend ourselves. As this is never a fun task when your finished you fee so proud. Have fun!!

 
At July 10, 2010 at 7:41 AM , Anonymous Rebecca@This Present Life said...

Don't worry, I think your pantry, closets and cupboards look like the majority of households in America. You are not alone! But good for you for getting organized! Nothing like a curious little one running around to remind you of your hidden messiness!

 
At July 10, 2010 at 7:47 AM , Blogger luv4jack said...

I'm in! I finally organized our closets and pantry. Just last week I organized our bathroom vanities and drawers.

The next thing on my list is organizing/decorating/unpacking the upstairs of our house. I have to stop calling it our new house because we have been here 9 mths now and I still have boxes in some of the rooms.

My office and craft room/spare room need to be organized. It is a big giant work in progress for me! I'll keep you posted on its progress and post some photos, when NOT if it gets done!

 
At July 10, 2010 at 7:55 AM , Anonymous Caroline Croad said...

SO happy to see a house that looks like mine! Spent yesterday thinking about how cool it would be to have a place for everything--while the kids and I painted and watched Yo Gabba Gabba. Nothing accomplished.

So, no pressure, but continue motivating me.

 
At July 10, 2010 at 8:25 AM , Blogger Heather said...

Oh man, girl, I'm w/ you....you should've seen my guest bedroom before I organized last week. I got a new super chic & cheap file storage folder to get all my paperwork in the office/guest bedroom & it is helping tremendously! You may want to check it out, plus I'd love for you to link up to Fab Friday if you'd like (closes Monday!) Have a great weekend & you CAN do it!
Heather @ www.savingmoneylivinglife.com

 
At July 10, 2010 at 9:59 AM , Anonymous Mandi said...

The cabinet under my sink in the bathroom looks about the same! I do the same thing and just hope no one opens it to find my mess. :)

 
At July 10, 2010 at 4:17 PM , Blogger Chelsea@getyourcraptogether said...

I completely understand your pain. Check my world out at getyourcraptogether.blogspot.com Goo Luck

 
At July 10, 2010 at 8:05 PM , Anonymous Leanne said...

You go girl! I know you can do it. I'm not so sure Baby W is loving the whole idea yet though. The toughest part is getting started. You'll be organized in no time and I can't wait to see the finished spaces. Thanks for mentioning me. You are so sweet and thanks for joining the party. I love this party. There's so many great organizing ideas linked every time. And welcome home to your hubby's parents. I bet they couldn't get enough of Baby W.

 
At July 11, 2010 at 10:02 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

i featured your cake pops on my blog, they look SO YUMMY!!!!

dejavucrafts.blogspot.com

 
At July 11, 2010 at 11:26 PM , Blogger Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

Good luck! I think I may have to join you with this one!

 
At July 12, 2010 at 11:02 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This summer has been great for me. I've done more organizing than I have ever done in my life. A while ago I decided to get a large binder and put all my ideas of crafting, decorating, ORGANIZING, etc. that I like. I made myself a goal list of going thru room by room to reach this accomplishment. Get rid of junk, organize what's left, and than decorate! {That's my favorite part!} I've been so longing to do this forever, that I've been on a rampage determined to have organization. I love it when I can find things and make life easier... for me and my family :) Good luck with organizing and baby-proofing everything! P.S. Most of us have all been there... and done that. So don't be discouraged. You're a momma and that's important! :)

 
At July 12, 2010 at 1:25 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

TIP: A little bird told me a great thing to do for little ones is to fill one low kitchen drawer with things for them to play with (old tupperware, recycables, this and that) so while you're cooking/baking they have something to do rather than pulling out the whole kitchen!

Jenners (nickname)

P.S. I forgot to leave my name on the last post(anonymous).

 
At July 13, 2010 at 5:45 AM , Anonymous Chloe said...

Ooh I live in Leeds! Good luck with the baby-proofing!

 
At July 13, 2010 at 9:06 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://mayshomemade.blogspot.com/2010/07/new-buttons.html

Hi there just letting you know i put your button on my page ! love your blog!

 
At July 13, 2010 at 2:48 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I haven't been out of town and I still need to get organized. at least you have an excuse, lol. But I love your whole entire blog. So I awarded you with the "A Blog with Substance" award. You can come pick it up @ http://sewcraftable.blogspot.com/2010/07/ive-been-featured-yay-me-blog-award.html

♥Jess

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home