This Page

has been moved to new address

Blogging Tips Part One: The Fluffy Stuff

Sorry for inconvenience...

Little Miss Momma: Blogging Tips Part One: The Fluffy Stuff

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Blogging Tips Part One: The Fluffy Stuff

Blogging Tips:
What I wish I knew before I started my blog.

I remember starting this blog with a vague image in my mind of what I hoped it would become. Nothing I imagined ever seemed like a reality, like something I might actually achieve {you know that feeling?}.

One day I woke up and I thought, You know what--I'm going to really do this! I am going to take all those crazy ideas and silly stories swirling around in my head as I lay in bed at night, and I am going to share them with anyone willing to listen to me. And so Little Miss Momma was born.

I had no idea blogging was so complicated--no really! Shortly after starting LMM, I learned that there is way more to this industry {yes, blogging is an industry now} than I ever imagined. Did you know that of the TOP 100 websites in the world, 22 of them are blogs???? {quoted at the Casual Bloggers Conference lecture in 2010, so it must be true}. WOW, right?!

When I jumped head first into the world of blogging I became overwhelmed at all there was to learn. I knew nothing about html, link parties, blog hops, buttons, sponsorships, advertising, followers, subscribers, page rank, unique visitors, page hits, anonymous comments, blah, blah blah.


Looking back, there is so much I wish I had known before I started, so much that would have made this whole process a bit more smooth--and today I want to begin to share some of those tips with you.

**DISCLAIMER**: I am NOT an expert--in fact, I am far from it! But I know what has worked for me so far--and perhaps it will work for you too *wink*

These "Blogging Tips" will be divided into two separate posts:

Part One: Fluffy Blogging Advice {content related}--TODAY's post
Part Two: Practical Blogging Advice {techy, behind the scenes stuff}

I'll be the first to admit how important it is to understand a bit of the techy stuff and the behind the scenes part of blogging--it's critical to drawing people to your blog. But, I believe that the key to creating a truly successful blog lies in the CONTENT--because once people find you, you want them to stick around, right?!

And now on to the FLUFFY stuff...


Ask WHY, set GOALS, and then define SUCCESS.

WHY: Why did you start this blog? Was it to make money, to make friends, to share ideas, to promote your business, to vent, or to tell your stories. Now, write down your reason {and be specific}--because there will come a day a few months down the road when you will forget why you ever started this whole blogging thingy--you will lose sight of your original vision, your original plan, your reason for doing this in the first place--and on that day you will go back and read what you wrote down today, and you will remember why this is important to you. Let your "reason" be the guiding force behind your blog content--don't lose sight of what's important to you, or your readers will know, and they will stop reading.

GOALS: You know WHY you're blogging--but what do you expect to get out of it? Set clearly defined goals for your blog. What do you want your blog to accomplish? It can be as simple or as elaborate as you wish. Maybe you hope to create a place to store all your family photos and memories, maybe you want to launch the world's most popular craft blog--in either case, create direction for your blog.

SUCCESS: Obviously you want your blog to succeed. But first you must clearly define what success means to you. Maybe you will define success by how many followers you have, by how many hits you get a day or by the number of comments you receive. Maybe you will define success by touching the lives of your readers, by helping Mom's grow their Etsy businesses, by how much money you make, or by how many new friends you make. In my opinion, these are ALL great ways to measure success--but ultimately it's up to you to determine YOUR REASON.

Post Pictures.
They are intriguing. They grab our attention. They keep us interested in what you have to say. I like to put a picture in EVERY post--even if it's completely unrelated. I can't really explain why this works, but it does!


K.I.S.S.
Keep it simple silly! In other words, keep the layout and design of your blog simple, clean and crisp. Clutter makes my eye ball twitch, ya know what I mean. I would rather have all my focus be on your fab tutorial or your hilarious story about your little munchkins, than be distracted by your blinking sidebar craziness. Does this mean you shouldn't have anything on your sidebar? Absolutely not! My sidebar is jam-packed with info and links I think y'all will be interested in--but I do my best to present them to you in an organized and appealing {not distracting} fashion.

Be Honest.
Your readers will know if you're not, and they'll stop reading--immediately. Don't endorse a product you dislike, or readers won't trust your judgment and you won't get the results your sponsors are looking for.

Be Vulnerable, Be YOU
You're human. You have feelings. You have trials. You have bad days. Sometimes you feel fat. And we all like to know that we're not alone. I have discovered that the posts where I show my true colors have been the most popular. Don't want to get all mushy and personal on your blog?--no problem, just don't paint a picture of a woman who doesn't really exist.


Spread the Love, Leave Comments.
I have found some of my most favorite blogs via comments left on my blog. Some of these blogs I may never have found otherwise. For me, comments and feedback are a huge motivating force behind what I write. I admire other bloggers who are self-motivated to write--but that's not me! I'm motivated by you, by what you find interesting about what I have to say, about what touches you. I write to connect with others, to remind myself that I'm not alone in this journey. And when I read a comment about another momma 1,000 miles away going through the exact trial I am experiencing, my heart melts and I am reminded why I started this blog. Leave comments.

This is not a COMPETITION.
There is something gloriously amazing about the blogging world that can't be said about too many industries. You won't get ahead by trying to compete with the blog down the street. Instead, you'll find that the more you support your fellow bloggers, the more YOU will succeed. Take these three crazy popular blogs for example: UCreate, One Pretty Thing and Tip Junkie. These rad blogs focus mainly on promoting the rest of us, on helping us grow, on sharing our wonderful ideas with the world--isn't that sweet of them?! And these blogs have a readership and loyal following that I dream about!

What's in a name?
Chose your blog name wisely. This will become your "second name"--how you are referred to in the blogging world. Do you like the way it sounds? Does it suit the overall goal and theme of your blog?

Find YOUR voice.
Find your writing style and run with it. Don't try to sound like another blogger you know and love--it will come off as forced and ultimately you won't get as much satisfaction out of your writing.

Use Lingo {if it feels right}.
Don't be afraid to use your own lingo--and throw in a few words like "awesomeness", even if it can't be found in the dictionary {this develops character}. A dear blogging friend of mine uses "hair flip" after a sentence describing her hotness--it cracks me up every time!

Sacrifice.
If you envision having a blog like Tatertots & Jello, or O My Family or the Pleated Poppy--then it's inevitable that you are going to have to give up a few things to make time for your new hobby. Personally, I have given up a few of my favorite TV shows and sleep to keep my posts as up to date as possible. Most of my blogging occurs in the wee hours of the night when my little man is fast asleep.

KARMA.
Be kind to us little people. When I first started blogging I reached out to some of the biggies. I followed them, I read every post they wrote, and I admired their success. Simply put, I wanted to be like them. One day I got up to courage to send them a quick note letting them know about their awesomeness. Imagine my surprise when some of these girls responded to me emails. I was overwhelmed that they would take the time out of their busy schedules to send me a thank you--I mean these girls are like celebrities in my world. And you know the BEST part! They never acted better than me {even though they are}! They treated me likea "new friend", not like a fan! So thank you Jen from Tatertots & Jello, thank you Becca from Blue Cricket Design, and thank you Kari from UCreate--you girls are Down To Earth and REAL, and that's the best compliment I could give!

There is so much more I could share, but I can see that this post is becoming a bit long-winded--so I will step off my soap box and remind you that I am NOT an expert and these are not RULES, just tips according to this Little Miss Momma so take it for what it's worth, and feel free to add your own tips!

Stay tuned for Part Two, which will include...
Blog design info
Html tips
How to find sponsors
How to review products
Blog Stats
Blog Conferences
Facebook and Twiiter
Keywords and SEO
Networking Websites
Advertising
Helpful Links
and MORE


















CLICK HERE to view PART TWO: the techy stuff.

Labels:

71 Comments:

At September 28, 2010 at 4:48 AM , Blogger Amber said...

This post was great! I would have never been able to articulate all that you have been able to. I love that you have such a kind heart that you would take the time to even give these tips!

If you have some free time (yea right..who has that??) feel free to stop by my blog. I'm still pretty new..at http://www.photographybyamberblog.blogspot.com/

 
At September 28, 2010 at 5:30 AM , Blogger daniii♥ said...

Great post! Thanks for the awesome tips. :)

 
At September 28, 2010 at 6:24 AM , Blogger Michelle {Daydream Believers} said...

Thanks for the tips! :) I'm looking forward to your techy-tips! I'm new to blogging and the technical aspect is a bit overwhelming! ;)

 
At September 28, 2010 at 6:52 AM , Blogger Anna K. said...

What great tips! Makes me want to re-vamp my blog plan!

 
At September 28, 2010 at 6:55 AM , Blogger Jessica said...

I love you, and this post! You have described exactly were I am at right now with blogging. I'm struggling with the "am I good enough (and devoted enough) to be HER one day?". I'm still a newbie, but I'm loving it so far, and you're helpful post will only make it better.

Thank you!!

http://notjustamommyafterall.blogspot.com

 
At September 28, 2010 at 7:07 AM , Blogger Angie said...

Thank you, Thank you for posting this!! I just started a blog to share creations and my everyday life. Blogging is so intimidating and there is SO much to learn! Thank you for posting this it is such a big help and makes the blog world not seem so scary...

 
At September 28, 2010 at 7:13 AM , Blogger DONNA said...

Oh am I glad I found you! I am so "green" about this whole blogging thing! I know nothing about creating links, fixing what I screwed up on my page, etc. So I am definitely waiting to read Part II of your How-To's posts. Thanks for leading me down this deep dark path called blogging!

 
At September 28, 2010 at 7:18 AM , Blogger Alexis said...

SO helpful!! Thank you so much, can't wait for the next installment...

 
At September 28, 2010 at 7:45 AM , Blogger Leslie said...

thank you for this post! it was so helpful! i originally started blogging to keep my sister and mother in law informed because they don't live near us. still my goal but i am starting to think about broadening my blogging... I am looking forward to part 2!

 
At September 28, 2010 at 8:00 AM , Blogger Mandi@MandiBeingCrafty said...

Thanks for the post! When I started my blog I had no idea it was so involved! I read every post that you publish and hope one day my blog can be as successful as yours. Thanks for the tips!

 
At September 28, 2010 at 8:19 AM , Blogger Dharma said...

You are the bomb, just as much as your heros are heros to you, you are to me. I love your blog. You are *my* inspiration too :) Thanks for the advice and the opinion that we all have something to share, to say and to contribute. Lovin' it Lady!

 
At September 28, 2010 at 9:06 AM , Blogger Lee Ann L. said...

I don't really have any goals other than sharing the things I love. I do love your tip of posting a picture with each post, even if it's unrelated - good idea!

 
At September 28, 2010 at 9:11 AM , Blogger Katie Brown said...

Wonderful post! Thanks so much for taking the time to write this. My one-year blogaversary is coming in January. At this time, I have a small readership, but I keep plugging along and devoting the time that I can. I love it and it is truly a passion...and so far I'm ok with seeing where it takes me.

 
At September 28, 2010 at 9:27 AM , Blogger Brandy@YDK said...

thanks for all the info! great stuff

 
At September 28, 2010 at 9:51 AM , Blogger Amie said...

I love this post! I love what you said about keeping the layout and look simple because I do not like to read crazy busy blogs. I love your blog, and I think you do a great job!!

 
At September 28, 2010 at 10:30 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Great post! :) I felt the same way when starting out, and even almost 2 years later I still feel like a newbie compared to the larger popular blogs! Thanks for sharing! :)

 
At September 28, 2010 at 10:30 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for this post! I'm new to the blogging world and these tips will surely help! Thank ya dear, ~Ashley
www.1942charm.blogspot.com

 
At September 28, 2010 at 11:24 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you for making this post- I just started a blog recently and I was actually going to shoot you a message asking for advice, and then this post popped up! Thank you for taking the time to explain things- can't wait for your next one =). If you have a minute, please check out my blog and tell me what you think. I know you'll probably be getting a million requests just like this- but I'd really appreciate your input. Thanks!

-Kendall

Songbirdsandbuttons.blogspot.com

 
At September 28, 2010 at 11:48 AM , Blogger Delia said...

That was really well written. Thanks for the reminders and the tips!

 
At September 28, 2010 at 12:24 PM , Blogger LahTeaDah said...

You pretty much just rocked my world right now! Thank you so much for this post.
Being faily new myself to the blog world - sometimes you can lose track and get distracted.

I love your quote saying that "they are celebrities in your eyes" - I look up to many bloggers just like that - including yourself. and wow - this means a lot.

Can't wait for you next post :)

XOXO
Yours Truly

 
At September 28, 2010 at 1:00 PM , Blogger Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

Great post Ashley!! I agree with every single thing you wrote. Great suggestions and tips.

Thanks for adding me in there - you are too sweet.

xox
Jen

 
At September 28, 2010 at 1:13 PM , Blogger Aubrey said...

Just finding you and love this post!! Thanks!

 
At September 28, 2010 at 1:13 PM , Anonymous Samma Michelle said...

Great Post!!! Thanks so much, I started blogging a little while back and I get so discouraged because I feel like I'm the only one reading my blog nevermind the vision and goals. Thanks for the reminders of why we do what we do even when we feel very alone. I'm adding your blog to my list of blogs I love right now and you can thank Tatertots & Jello for this new follower :0)


sammaspot.blogspot.com

 
At September 28, 2010 at 1:15 PM , Blogger Star Talks said...

Awesome. Love this post.

 
At September 28, 2010 at 1:36 PM , Blogger M.O.T.B said...

What a great post, looking forward to Part 2!!

 
At September 28, 2010 at 1:37 PM , Blogger AMPM said...

Love it. I needed this advice eons ago:)

 
At September 28, 2010 at 1:39 PM , Blogger ellie g said...

I remember the first e-mail I got from Jen. My heart sank into my feet (in a good way) and I might have had to change my unders. She, and several others, have taught me the EXACT lesson you mentioned....be NICE.

I have been floored by how many really POPULAR bloggers will answer a question I send. I go into questions expecting no answer. And sometimes that happens. But sometimes IT DOESN'T. I put specific energy into following those blogs, because those women are so kind.

And I have to remember how scared I was to leave my first comment (let alone send an e-mail)

I'm still the "little guy" and I hope if I ever become a "bigger guy" I'll remember how it made me feel.

I think this post has real insight, and some great tips! Thank you!

I got the link from Tatertots FB page, and I'm so glad I stopped by!! Great post!

 
At September 28, 2010 at 1:48 PM , Blogger Sarah @ So Not Donna Reed said...

AWESOME post! You are so so so so right ~ Being nice totally pays off and I will {always} remember the people who were so kind to comment on my blog when I was first starting out. That's the best validation & motivation out there & it's so encouraging the know that someone really is reading my blabbering! :D Thanks for sharing your "awesomeness". ;)

 
At September 28, 2010 at 1:51 PM , Blogger Dannyelle said...

Thanks for the great tips. I am new at blogging, and there sure is a lot to learn, and a lot to do. I have to say I really am enjoying it though. Looking forward to part II.
Dannyelle at www.lifeisaparty.ca

 
At September 28, 2010 at 2:13 PM , Blogger Ambrosia said...

Great post! Thank you so much for all the info!!! As a new blogger, I am trying to absorb as much info as I can! <3

Oh, and I'm following you now - can't wait to check out everything!!!!

 
At September 28, 2010 at 4:44 PM , Anonymous ann said...

this was SOOOO helpful!!

it confirmed a few things that i had observed, and helped me to see my blog from a few different angles. i just started writing a few weeks ago (well, i just started *this blog* a few weeks ago), and so this is VERY timely for me.

thanks!

 
At September 28, 2010 at 4:52 PM , Blogger LaVonne said...

Well I can't wait for part two. Thanks for the tips. I love blogging and visiting blogs. And yes, I too do most of it late at night when my Princess is sleeping.

 
At September 28, 2010 at 7:39 PM , Blogger Veronica said...

Thank you so much!!! This tips are just what I needed!! I started my blog a couple of weeks ago, the main reason, is ´cause I can´t talk to my three little girls about crafting all the time ;), buy let me tell you that you´re a big inspiration!! thanks again!!!!!!

 
At September 28, 2010 at 8:05 PM , Blogger Caroline said...

Thank you for this post! I've admired you and your blog for some time, and even though I'm very new to the blogosphere, consider you to be one of those "celebrities in my eyes."

The advice given in this post is invaluable.. I've bookmarked it as a constant reminder to make my blog genuine-- and if it ends up being one of the "greats" then so be it.

xoxox C

 
At September 28, 2010 at 9:28 PM , Blogger Kim @ Starshine Chic said...

Great info. The reason I found your blog was because Jen from Tator Tots & Jello put it on facebook. I'm glad she steered us your way.

 
At September 29, 2010 at 9:55 AM , Blogger Linda@CraftaholicsAnonymous said...

Hey girl,
Thanks for the shout outs!! Great post :)
happy blogging!
Linda

 
At September 29, 2010 at 12:20 PM , Blogger AllisonO said...

You are adorable and great and smart and funny and cute and adorable and did I mention cute?

Thank you for the mention. You got me all blushy. :)

PS OBaby says hi!

 
At September 30, 2010 at 7:35 PM , Blogger Amy at Ameroonie Designs said...

This was great! Thanks so much for all the advice. I think the biggest tip for me is to just stay true to who I am and don't try to be someone else.

 
At October 13, 2010 at 8:12 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I've had this post Starred in my reader for a while now and just got to reading it all the way through tonight. Thank you for sharing this great insight. I just started my blog and have to say that I am so excited to be part of the craft blog community! Everyone is inspiring, supportive and participating in this craft blog world keeps challenging me and that is an awesome gift (esp for this SAHM!!) I'm sure I'll reread your wise words many times over! Best to you!

 
At October 27, 2010 at 9:05 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is such great information. I have been looking for some info. for help with my blog that I started in Aug. Thanks a lot Jeanna
Dramaqueenseams.blogspot.com

 
At October 28, 2010 at 3:05 AM , Blogger Missy said...

LMM- thankyou for the tips and tech lessons! I need them as I am techno challenged!

 
At October 29, 2010 at 8:18 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Hi there! Thanks for your inspiring tips! I am fairly new to the blog world. I would love to create a blog. I would love to make new friends and share what I know. Maybe one day I will. I'll definitely revisit your blog for all the wonderful tips!
jody

 
At November 16, 2010 at 3:07 PM , Blogger mamasmental said...

Hey Ive not been blogging for long and I stumbled across your blog and then I saw this title! really great and some great information! I think Im following you now but my laptop is glitchy today so... I have resorted to old fashioned methods and scribbled down your address so I dont loose you!! Thanks for the tips and the lovely stories <3 very nice to meet you :)

Nicki
She Ra Princess of Milk
beyondtheboob.blogspot.com

 
At November 22, 2010 at 12:36 PM , Blogger Denise said...

Wow!ask and it shall be given.This is so stange.I came across your blog,enjoyed reading about your cloth braclet,saw you had thousands of followers,asked you how you did it,browsed alittle more and found your hint secection.THANKS-Denise

 
At December 14, 2010 at 2:04 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

THANK you so much for sharing this!!! I am new to blogging and really looking anywhere I can for tips and tricks! Thanks again!!!
P.S. I love Jen from Tater Tots & Jello too!

 
At December 30, 2010 at 2:11 PM , Blogger Mary Moury said...

Thank you so much for this! I just found your blog, and I love it, its like finding a new friend! I just created my blog today, I've been wanting to do it for a long time now, and now I'm finally brave enough, thank you!

 
At January 6, 2011 at 5:41 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What great tips! I was pleasantly surprised to find there is no competition in this industry. I feel like I'm back in school, soaking up knowledge from so many teachers. Every time I find a great blog, they introduce me to 10 more!

I can't wait to read the rest of your ideas!

 
At January 13, 2011 at 1:54 PM , Blogger The Kids Party Hub said...

I love this write up as it is very informative. I am about to start my blog and I have been pondering about the name and how it should look like. But, this write has made it easier. Thank you.

 
At January 13, 2011 at 2:54 PM , Blogger Cammie said...

Just found your blog today and LOVE IT!!! :) Thanks so much for this post! I'm trying hard to get mine up and running so all the advice I can get is a HUGE help! :)
Love and Blessings
Cammie

 
At January 14, 2011 at 2:14 PM , Blogger Jere and Cara said...

I really enjoy reading your blog and i JUST found you today via topmommyblogs.com. Keep up the good work :) You are funny, talented and inticing with your work. Yay for you :)

 
At January 15, 2011 at 1:11 PM , Blogger Jami said...

Thanks so much for this post. These are great tips! I'm just starting up a blog and it seems so overwhelming. Love all your great tutorials! I'll be following :)

 
At January 16, 2011 at 7:42 AM , Blogger Kristin @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia said...

WOW! You have given so much wonderful advice! Thank you! I from time to time post blog tips, I hope it is ok if I share this with my readers, they would love it!

 
At January 18, 2011 at 4:09 PM , Anonymous Natasha Crane said...

Wow you are gorgeous and very articulate I am not so much, I am me however I agree with so many of your posts I find it hard to read all the blogs out there or even parts with a spirited toddler and two teens in the house as well as a sick mother I really need to do more commenting so I can let people see my name out there I am more wanna be crafty than anything I can recreate but thats it I a have been searching my whole life for my creative niche. I could use all the blogging tips I can get I used to be computer savvy and fell behind sometime ago. I want to put myself out there and perhaps make some money and give some back but I don't know where to begin or how to maximize my potential I don't get twitter although I signed up and have followers and don't know much about linky parties and giveaways and I recently found out I am gonna be a grandma my 16 year old is gonna be a dad my mom's cancer is spreading and my 18 year old has just lost her job and is temporarily without a home and my toddler hates me using the computer and I try to take care of my husband so the me time and the overwhelming task of learning all this stuff has kind of paralyzed me to where i have blogged twice on my own blog but no people have seen it and I dunno what to do from here. I feel like I have something to offer if not only my story but how to get it out there? Thanks I am sorry I am so wordy. I think!

 
At January 20, 2011 at 9:44 PM , Anonymous kathryn said...

I don't remember how I stumbled across your blog the other day...but now I'm completely HOOKED! Thanks to your post and the words of several other craft-tastic ladies, my blog and Etsy shop will be launching in the coming months! Wahoo! So yeah, thanks for the nudge to get up and make it happen...and for the advice on Target brand whitening strips. They ROCK! :-)

 
At February 4, 2011 at 11:31 PM , Blogger Lulubelles.Creations said...

you are amazing! your encouraging words help me want to reach my goals... Thank you

 
At February 17, 2011 at 12:49 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're amazing! I love your blog and totally identify with this post...I just started blogging and am totally unskilled. I've picked up a ton of tips from other bloggers and totally appreciate all the love that's shared! Keep it up!

 
At March 4, 2011 at 11:10 PM , Blogger Sarah said...

Wow, i hope this doesn't sound weird... but this post got me all teary eyed. :) Really amazing and encouraging. I've got 23 followers and have been feeling kinda small lately, but this reminded my of we I have a blog anyway.
love it! Can I re-post it?

 
At March 8, 2011 at 10:49 PM , Blogger Debber-doo said...

Wow!!! Thanks Ash I feel just like you did when u strted Out! I am stuck just don't know where to go from where I am at! I want bloggie Bff's! Lol

 
At March 10, 2011 at 8:01 AM , Blogger Ginger said...

Love it! What great advice! I forget how I found your blog but I am glad I did! I am a new mommy blogger and every inch of help is welcomed! Thanks Girl!

Ginger
http://literallyinspired.blogspot.com

 
At March 29, 2011 at 12:12 PM , Blogger Lauren said...

Thank you! I was surprised a few weeks ago when you celebrated your first blogging anniversary. It seems like you've been at this much longer! I'm working on building my blog that I started at the beginning of this month, and I really need the tech help. I tried to add a button yesterday, and it really messed up my post! I look forward to reading more of your blog help later after the kids are in bed!
http://titus2moments.blogspot.com

 
At March 30, 2011 at 7:37 PM , Blogger D said...

THANK YOU!!! From a "newbie" ;)

 
At April 7, 2011 at 12:45 PM , Blogger sally said...

While I'm not really new to the blogging world, I'm new to it being more than just a place to lay down my thoughts. I'm not certain the change, or what goals I have for my blog just yet, so I'm so glad I stumbled across your blog yesterday from pinterest.com. (PS, I love your loose wavy curls post) Thanks for sharing your knowledge, it is greatly appreciated.

Sally@
http://ablessedexistence.blogspot.com

 
At April 16, 2011 at 4:08 PM , Blogger Lindsay @ Delighted Momma said...

WOW!!! I LOVE this post! And I looove love your blog! So happy I stumbled upon it by googling "DIY baby jar ideas"

Yeay!

Delighted Momma

 
At May 10, 2011 at 9:44 AM , Blogger MeganK said...

Thank you for this!! I have just started a recent blog and am only about 4 post in... I found these tips very useful and I am going to put them to use in my blog (http://meganamy-jumpingbean.blogspot.com/)!! Btw I wanted to thank you for your 'awesomeness'! I love your blog! I have only been following for 2 days but you are already an inspiration! Now in the read part two of your tip guide!
xo

 
At May 18, 2011 at 9:14 AM , Blogger Bliss Accessories said...

I just found you....I don't know you, but I already love you! Not to scare you....I just want to thank you a million for these helpful tips for this new blogger that has no clue. I'm learning though. Thanks again
Monica
www.blissexclusive.blogspot.com

 
At May 18, 2011 at 9:16 AM , Blogger Bliss Accessories said...

See I'm already sending false contact information. Here's the correct site.
http://loveblissaccess.blogspot.com

 
At June 11, 2011 at 3:15 PM , Anonymous Simply P.Chee said...

Just discovering the true craziness of this blogging world, great article... Thanks!

 
At July 6, 2011 at 7:24 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great post! I am new to blogging (still in first month) and I too wish I knew more before I started, but was antsy to get started since I follow pretty much all of the blogs you mentioned plus some. I am now a little miss momma follower!!!

Thanks for the blog tips. They will help me make a world of difference on my blog!

My blog is called imcraftylikethat.blogspot.com. You are welcome to take a peek at the flew posts I have made thus far :)

Laura

 
At July 11, 2011 at 4:49 PM , Blogger Elizabeth {sunny bug} said...

Thanks so much for the great list of blog tips. My oldest kiddo just started a new blog and she came across your tips and has been doing her research & revising her page based on all of the great ideas you have here. Thanks so much for the inspiration :)

 
At July 22, 2011 at 6:04 PM , Blogger Chris said...

Thank you so much for taking the time to make this post!!

 
At July 27, 2011 at 5:39 PM , Anonymous Shona said...

Thanks, Ashley, for these tips and your wise words from experience. to me, you are one of those "celebrities" that you spoke about in your post! I've had my blog for a few years now, but have just recently gotten really serious about making it into something. Your blog and your honesty has really been inspiring to me. I thank you. Now I have to go, because I still have Part Two of this post to read!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home