This Page

has been moved to new address

Blogging Tips: How to add pages to your blog

Sorry for inconvenience...

Little Miss Momma: Blogging Tips: How to add pages to your blog

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Blogging Tips: How to add pages to your blog

Blogging Tips:
How to Add Pages to your Blog


A few months ago Blogger added this awesome new feature that allows us bloggers to easily add pages to our blogs--hooray!

As mentioned in my previous "Blog Tips" posts, I really recommend adding this feature to your blog.

Page tabs allow your readers to quickly find the information they are looking for on your blog.  For example, my page titled "Tutorials" takes readers directly to my complete list {and links} of tutorials--rather than making my readers search through my archives

Here are some page ideas:
About Me
Contact
Best Of
Favorite Posts
Advertising
Blogs I Love
Link Parties
My Etsy Shop
My Buttons
Etc...

Here's how you create your own pages:

1. Log in and go to your blogger dashboard. Select the blog you want to add pages to. Now, click on the tab titled "Posting" {it's the first tab}.  Next, click on the "Edit Pages" tab {see red circle below}.


2. Click on the blue "new page" button.
Just like you were creating a new post, create a title for this page and insert the content you want to be included.  Then click the "Publish Page" button at the bottom of the page.  This is the next screen that will appear.


Decide if you want your page tabs be in a row across the top of your blog or on your sidebar, and then check that circle. Then click the orange "Save and Publish" button.

Continue these same steps for any additional pages you would like to add.  Blogger allows up to 10 pages.

For additional {and more complex} information on how to add links to your page tabs click HERE.

Hope this helps a bit!

This TIP brought to you by a sweaty baby on his way home from the Pumpkin Patch:


Labels:

10 Comments:

At October 11, 2010 at 7:42 AM , Blogger Amanda Joy Petersen said...

I love the look on his face. I see it all the time on Asher's face. It's the, "mom it's hot or this is boring, or Abbie might take my toy" face:)

 
At October 11, 2010 at 7:49 AM , Anonymous The Preppy Princess said...

Wow - the tips are great but your darling little lovebundle overshadows everything else!

Sending you a smile,
tp

 
At October 11, 2010 at 7:51 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you for this!!!!!! I always wondered how to get that at the top!!

 
At October 11, 2010 at 2:41 PM , Blogger Ashley said...

Thanks!! Your boy has the prettiest skin. He's so cute.

 
At October 11, 2010 at 8:07 PM , Blogger Carmen @ Life with Sprinkles on Top said...

Well, I never knew this. Thanks for posting about it. And your son...what a cutie. Love that little face! :)

 
At October 27, 2010 at 11:04 AM , Blogger Cranes for Katy said...

Hi Ashley-I just found your blog and want to thank you for posting these great insights on blog basics...I have 2 posts on my new blog and the timing of stumbling on your website couldn't be better! Thanks!

Krista

 
At October 29, 2010 at 3:14 AM , Blogger Missy said...

Ashley could you tell me how to find my posts url's?

 
At December 29, 2010 at 10:35 AM , Blogger Jenna said...

I recently found your blog and I absolutely adore it! I wanted to send you a quick thank you for having the Blogging Tips. I spent an eternity trying to figure out how on earth I was going to get Tabs on my page. I followed your steps and figured it out! So thank you for all of your helpful tips! I really enjoy reading your blog!

Jenna :)

 
At May 4, 2011 at 8:03 PM , Blogger Kari said...

Hi Ashley! I am just starting up my own blog and out of all the blogs I read, yours has been such help with all of the great tips. I dont know much about all of this, but am totally excited to learn, and your blog has so much great information. thank you so much for sharing it with all of your readers!

Thanks again! Kari

 
At May 30, 2011 at 1:19 PM , Blogger Lisa said...

As a new blogger I want to say thanks soo much for the directions!!! I totally look up to the other blogs of established crafters and often wonder "how can mine look sweet too?" Your's was one of the first buttons on my blog!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home