This Page

has been moved to new address

Scrumdiddlyumptious Chocolate Pudding Desert

Sorry for inconvenience...

Little Miss Momma: Scrumdiddlyumptious Chocolate Pudding Desert

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Scrumdiddlyumptious Chocolate Pudding Desert

Chocolate Pudding Desert
{and it's off the hook}


This scrumdiddlyumptious desert is the perfect dish to bring to your next holiday party.

It has four super yummy layers.
A crushed walnut crust,
sugary cream cheese whip layer,
a chocolate pudding layer,
and a cool whip layer.
Topped with milk chocolate shavings.
Mmmm, Mmmm good!


Let's make one together,
Mm-kay.

 Ingredients
Crust Ingredients:
1 cup white flour
1 cup finely chopped walnuts {or pecans}
1/2 stick of butter

1st Layer Ingredients:
8 ounce package of cream cheese
1 cup of powdered sugar
1 cup of Cool Whip {buy the large size because you will use more for the top layer}

2nd Layer Ingredients:
1 package of instant chocolate pudding {3 ounces}
1 package of instant vanilla pudding {3 ounces}
4 cups of Milk

Hershey Chocolate Bar for topping

We make the crust FIRST:
Preheat the oven to 350


Finely chop the walnuts and put them in a mixing bowl. 


On a cutting board cut up the butter into super small pieces.



Pour the flour over the top of the butter.
Now continue chopping the butter into the flour. 


Add the flower and butter to the chopped walnuts.


Stir together.


Put the mixture in the bottom of your cake pan. Use size 10x13 pan.
I used a disposable tray because I brought this to a party. 


Use the palm of your hand to firmly pack the mixture into a thin crust on the bottom of the pan. 




Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
Bake at 325 if you are using a glass pan. 


While the crust is baking we can start on the cream cheese layer.
Combine the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and cool whip. 
Mix until creamy and fluffy {about 1-2 minutes}. 



Spread the cream cheese layer over the COOLED crust.


Now we make the chocolate pudding layer.
Combine the instant chocolate pudding and the vanilla pudding.
Follow the directions on the box for the puddings.


Spread the pudding mixture evenly over the cream cheese layer.



Now spread the remaining Cool Whip over the top.
Be sure the Cool Whip is melted enough to spread easily.


The final step,
Use a potato peeler to shave the chocolate bar in to pretty pieces.




Spread evenly over the Cool Whip layer.



Now invite some friends over and enjoy. 



Happy Baking {and eating}!

*I will link this recipe up to these fab link parties*
________________________________________________________

And here's a sneak peek at our latest family photo shoot.
I will get the rest of the photos VERY soon,
And I think I just might have to share them with you!


Mmm, I love this boy.


And Oh, I love this man.

Labels: ,

23 Comments:

At December 4, 2010 at 8:12 PM , Blogger Deanna said...

This looks so good! I cant wait to run to the store and get all the ingredients.

 
At December 4, 2010 at 8:25 PM , Blogger Lia B said...

You are beautiful and have a beautiful family...I love your blog (and my ring:)

 
At December 4, 2010 at 8:50 PM , Blogger Jumping Jack said...

Dessert sounds AWESOME and so easy. I will have to try it.

Love the sneak peek of family pics. So cute! Can't wait to see the rest!

 
At December 4, 2010 at 9:24 PM , Blogger Dan, Lauren, and Sadie said...

ashley i love your family pictures! tracy is taking ours tomorrow.. i dont know if its the hair, but i really think wes and sadesters kinda look alike. cool!

 
At December 4, 2010 at 10:25 PM , Blogger Free Pretty Things For You said...

girlfriend!! and i am TRYING to lay off the crabs and you go and post this!!

::mouth watering::!!

oh and i my baby has a crush on your baby ;)
she gets super happy every time she looks at his pitures!!!

 
At December 4, 2010 at 10:57 PM , Blogger  Justine said...

That looks SO good! And I am definitely going to try to shave a bar of chocolate like that one day, even if it is just for fun! =]

Lovely pictures. I can't wait to see the rest.

Just Better Together

 
At December 5, 2010 at 1:34 AM , Blogger Salena Lee said...

I make the same dessert except it's made with pecans and no vanilla pudding. It is sooooo good. I'd like to try making yours too. :) Can't get enough cream cheese and chocolate.

Lovely family photos!

 
At December 5, 2010 at 5:58 AM , Blogger No Model Lady said...

Well I suppose if you insist on making this for me I should let you...*Drool*

 
At December 5, 2010 at 9:32 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

My mouth is watering. No fair sharing this on a fast sunday!!

I'm lovin' the pictures. Can't wait to see more!

 
At December 5, 2010 at 10:21 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yummy!

Cute family pics, Ashley!

 
At December 5, 2010 at 11:04 AM , Blogger Samantha {Moody Mama} said...

The dessert looks great!

I LOVE the pictures <3

 
At December 5, 2010 at 12:04 PM , Blogger Jasmine said...

Yummy!! That looks sooo good!!! I need to make some!

 
At December 5, 2010 at 12:19 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Definitely going to make this!

 
At December 5, 2010 at 4:52 PM , Blogger Ashley said...

Oh my goodness, that looks so amazing!

Your pictures are so cute! Can't wait to see more!

 
At December 5, 2010 at 5:03 PM , Blogger Lyndsi said...

mmmmmm....that looks good!! Thanks for sharing! AND your few pics you shared are SO GOOD!!!!!

P.S. Way to rock the Skinny Jeans!

 
At December 5, 2010 at 6:17 PM , Blogger A Beautiful Life said...

you're pics look awesome! i've had to postpone our pics for 2 weeks now, HOPEFULLY on Wednesday we will FINALLY do them, i'm so excited!
and i want to make that off the hook choco recipe, but just for me. I AM my own party. ;p

 
At December 5, 2010 at 7:16 PM , Blogger kristy.lynn @ kristy.makes said...

oooh... i just wanna dive into those chocolate curls!!

totally LOVVEE the pictures!!

 
At December 6, 2010 at 4:45 AM , Blogger Crazy Wonderful said...

Well hello lova! I'm going to have to go search out my kitchen for some hidden chocolate right now to tide me over until I can get to the store and make this! You know, so I can completely undo what I did at the gym this morning :D And, can I just say, you and your family are just GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!

 
At December 6, 2010 at 6:00 AM , Blogger A Servant of Christ (who tries to be humble) said...

My aunt called this Better Than (Well You Know ;) Cake. We always made it with Lemon pudding and crushed walnuts on top.

Now we have to omit the walnuts as we have kids with nut allergies. Sigh!

Enjoy the nutty version for the both of us!

 
At December 6, 2010 at 9:21 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

That looks sooooo delicious. My kiddos will love it. Thanks!
I shared some of your great ideas on: www.facebook.com/homemadegiftideas
I hope you don't mind, if you do please let me know and I can remove them. Thanks again for all your fun ideas!

 
At December 7, 2010 at 2:25 AM , Blogger BHphotography said...

You are absolutely stunning! And your men are pretty fancy too. Congrats on your wonderful family :)

 
At December 7, 2010 at 8:36 AM , Blogger Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

That looks delicious and the family photos are adorable!

 
At December 9, 2010 at 11:33 PM , Blogger The Zeediks said...

I didn't try yours but if it tasted anything like the one Tressa made at my table it is AMAAAAZING!!!! Honestly had 2 servings and can't stop thinking about it.
Bless you for taking on a food assignment and doing a tutorial to boot! And were the choco shavings your professional touch? Gorgeous

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home