This Page

has been moved to new address

A Momma's Fears

Sorry for inconvenience...

Little Miss Momma: A Momma's Fears

Saturday, June 11, 2011

A Momma's Fears

So there's this girl
and her name is Casey {cool, right!).
I go to her blog
and I stare at her pictures like a creeper.
She is gorgeous,
and so is her family.
But the best part.
She is 100% humble.
And we like humble.
She is a Momma who loves with every ounce of her heart.
She has an Ashton Kutcher look alike hubs {huge compliment if you ask me}.
She has babes that could be Gap models.
She writes from the heart.
Oh, and did I mention that she is an insanely talented artist?
Because she's that too!


Today Casey is visiting us,
to share some of her beautiful thoughts on Motherhood.
Here she is:

*******************************************************************

Photobucket

Hi, My name is Casey Wiegand and I am a freelance artist, wife and mama. I love painting and sharing our life through my blog ...where you can expect pieces of my perspective on life, faith, kids, marriage, with touches of art, creative inspiration, projects and things I love along the way. I have two littles ones in the hopes of lots more and am married to the love of my life!

Photobucket

When sweet Ashley asked me to guest post I was HONORED and so excited. She is such an inspiration to so many of us and to get to be a part of this beautiful blog is amazing! I was thinking about what I should share today and decided to talk about open hands.....something I struggle with when it comes to my littles! 
So very nice to meet you all!!!
Photobucket

Aiden (my 2 year old)is a major snuggle bug. I don't know if it's because for the past 2 years I have snuggled him constantly or if it was already in his nature but he loves to be held, snuggled, tickled, hugged, kissed...all things wonderful.
Some nights he is extra extra loving. Like tonight. 
I went in to put him to bed and both arms instantly wrapped tight around my neck, holding on for dear life and then came the kisses! Countless kisses all over my cheeks.
Then came my tears. 
The hot tears streaming down my cheeks. Oh the love. Sometimes I just can't squeeze tight enough. I stayed in there till he fell asleep and he never let go.
I have an incredibly sensitive spirit. It's both a strength and a curse. I tend to get my heart broken often.  Then I started to think....if something happened to me, could others love my babies the way I do?

Would they know?
Would they know the big things like schedules. What Aiden will and won't eat. His favorite toys, his own little language. His bath routine. His favorite shows & songs to dance to.

What about Ainsleigh ( my 9 month old)? when she eats, the noises she makes when she is tired vs hungry. What makes her laugh.

Then I think...well, what about the little things.
Photobucket
Would they know that when Aiden pulls your eye to his cheek he wants butterfly kisses.
Or that when he runs to the kitchen rug & sits down, he is ready for a pretend picnic.
The countless things I know about them.
What about the nights. Would they get up with him 10 times each night and hold him till he slips into slumber.
Please say yes.

It actually makes me weep.
Photobucket
There is a great hope in Jesus. He loves my babies more than I ever could imagine. More than me. Impossible to imagine really, but true. And no matter if I am here or not, they will be loved greatly.
Open hands Casey, open hands.



"When a woman has a kingdom heart, she has an active understanding of what matters most to the heart of God. She lives in the balance of passion and contentment. She learns to love well, give without regard to self, and forgive without hesitation. The woman with a kingdom heart may have a duffel bag full of possessions or enough treasures to fill a mansion, but she has learned to hold them with an open hand. Hold everything with open hands. I don't think we are ever allowed to grab hold of anything or anyone as though they matter more than the kingdom of heaven. When you hold relationships with open hands, then people come in and out of your life as gifts of grace to be cherished and enjoyed, not objects to be owned and manipulated. And then when you hold your dreams with open hands, you get to watch God resurrect what seemed dead and multiply what seemed small."

Photobucket

Labels: ,

36 Comments:

At June 11, 2011 at 3:07 PM , Blogger Rhonda said...

Wow...so beautifully said.....thanks for sharing...

 
At June 11, 2011 at 3:11 PM , Anonymous Megan said...

I love Casey's blog! I found it awhile back thanks to you Ashley :) I love reading her posts. She is so honest and really makes you stop and think about what is really important in life. She inspired a post I wrote just last night. She is also super sweet as she is helping me with some blog design for such an affordable price. :)

 
At June 11, 2011 at 3:16 PM , Blogger Mindy1024 said...

love the last quote! Where is it from?

 
At June 11, 2011 at 3:19 PM , Blogger Sarah B. said...

I love Casey and her sweet blog :) I met her yesterday and she is just as fantastic in person!

 
At June 11, 2011 at 3:27 PM , Blogger Vicki said...

I will be visiting Casey's blog now that I've read her post. I love the open hands quote...just beautiful!

 
At June 11, 2011 at 3:37 PM , Blogger ilene @ muchloveilly said...

i adore casey. such a great post!!!!

 
At June 11, 2011 at 4:17 PM , Blogger The Miller Five said...

What a beautiful post! I'm heading right over to check out her blog. And OMG her husband DOES look like Ashton! Woah baby!

 
At June 11, 2011 at 4:24 PM , Blogger Raige Creations said...

this is a beautiful post. enjoyed it very much.

 
At June 11, 2011 at 6:10 PM , Blogger Kelly said...

Love this! Being a mama is hard. its a comfort however to know that other mamas have the same fears as me. Thanks for sharing.

 
At June 11, 2011 at 6:26 PM , Blogger Crystal said...

thanks for letting her guest post. Love her blog. I blogged about you on my blog!

 
At June 11, 2011 at 6:37 PM , Blogger Tara @ Beautiful Blendings said...

Casey is an incredible inspiring woman. And I'm so happy to call her a friend. Thanks for sharing her with us.

 
At June 11, 2011 at 7:06 PM , Blogger Katie @ minivan diva said...

Such is a mother's heart. I think we all share those fears for our babes. We love them so much it hurts. Beautiful post, as always.

 
At June 11, 2011 at 7:11 PM , Blogger Heather @ Glitter and Gloss said...

What a beautiful post - I love Casey and her blog! And I have thoughts like that all the time too.....so glad to know I'm not the only one!

 
At June 11, 2011 at 7:58 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great guest post! Loving your blog. Nice to meet ya!
Jules@
bedheadandbrainfarts.blogspot.com

 
At June 11, 2011 at 8:07 PM , Blogger Natalie @ NS Pottery said...

LOVE this lady!!!!!!!!

 
At June 11, 2011 at 8:11 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

wow she is amazing! this was such a beautiful post and got me thinking.. a lot probably inspired my next blog post. I am looking forward to following her blog!

 
At June 11, 2011 at 8:21 PM , Blogger Sarah @ This Crazy Blessed Life said...

Such a beautiful post! I'm heading over to her blog to become a new follower now!

 
At June 11, 2011 at 9:13 PM , Blogger Cherry Blossoms said...

Love this inspiring advice and what a beautiful momma and family, thanks for show casing!

 
At June 12, 2011 at 5:23 AM , Blogger Crystal said...

sometimes every momma needs alittle boost and today I got mine! Thank you!!!

 
At June 12, 2011 at 2:16 PM , Blogger Maeve Rachel said...

Wow! That is so beautiful and inspiring =)

 
At June 12, 2011 at 2:26 PM , Blogger michael. mindy. dane. said...

okay. i just found your blog through pinterest and i am KIND OF in love with it! seriously. your family is adorable adn you are beautiful and i love this blog! serious! so so cute. thanks for sharing your fun stuff!

 
At June 12, 2011 at 3:21 PM , Blogger Brynn said...

Thank you for sharing Casey with us, Ashley. This was a treat to read. Seems you surround yourself with women just as special as you are!

 
At June 12, 2011 at 4:06 PM , Blogger MJ @ MD School Mrs said...

There is so much beauty in this post! I adore it.

 
At June 12, 2011 at 6:24 PM , Blogger Kristy said...

This post is SO SO beautiful!! It really touches a mother's heart! I LOVE both your blogs and am SO inspired by them everyday!!!
xo,
Kristy

 
At June 12, 2011 at 8:45 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful family!

 
At June 13, 2011 at 1:14 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

THAT was totally inspiring. And true. Thoughts that I have all the time, but could never put them into words as amazingly as she did. Wow.
And he DOES look look like Ashton Kutcher! LOL

 
At June 13, 2011 at 2:08 AM , Blogger mamasmental said...

God actually speaks to me about questions I have asked through the things I do and read and the people that I meet. This blog made me cry hot tears thinking about how I love my baby and how God loves me and my baby that way times infinity. You inspired me to write a blog and although you dont need it I linked you both in. I know youre both busy, I dont expect you to read it and really its for Charlie but I wanted to thank you for the inspiration that spoke to other things that have happened to me recently.

Thank you!

(just in case you do get time)

http://beyondtheboob.blogspot.com/2011/06/what-has-he-done-for-me-lately.html

 
At June 13, 2011 at 6:30 AM , Blogger pakosta said...

note to Casey: I read your blog and love it too! I have that same kind of mommy worry heart. I even went as far as to write out EVERYTHING I could think of onto paper one time about what they would need if something ever happened to me. From food, to bedtime, to books etc. it felt good to write it all out, but it changes and evolves, I would have to write it every couple of months to keep up!
I still have it and save it as a keepsake of what they were like!
you are a GREAT momma!
tara

 
At June 13, 2011 at 9:55 AM , Blogger Nicole said...

Are you sure that's NOT Ashton Kutcher...because I'm pretty sure it is, trucker hat and all!

 
At June 13, 2011 at 11:51 AM , Anonymous Tahlove said...

That made my eyes tear and my heart smile... Lovely job ladies.

 
At June 14, 2011 at 6:29 AM , Blogger Jennp1751 said...

Beautiful!!

 
At June 15, 2011 at 12:02 AM , Blogger Maria-Isabel @ Agape Love Designs said...

Such a beautiful post. Got me teary eyed, and i felt my heart breaking with yours. I could go on about how I can so relate to all you just said, but I wont. I just had to say thank you for sharing this. The open hands things is so true and so good.. I too need to work on that.

 
At June 16, 2011 at 8:01 AM , Anonymous Monica Lopez said...

I love the last quote too, would love to know where it's from. This post spoke to me so deeply. I am dealing with a separation from my daughter's dad at the moment and have been in constant fear over what is going to happen to her when she is with him, will he take care of her, will he make sure she is safe and not let anything happen to her. Will he know to do all the things that I do. This post made me realize that even when I am not in control, HE is and that God loves my baby and knows more about her than I do and he will keep her safe even when I can't. Thank you for this Casey.

 
At June 18, 2011 at 2:13 PM , Blogger Rolled Up Pretty said...

Oh my gosh, I love her blog! And her husband is IDENTICAL to Ashton Kutcher, HOLY COW!

 
At June 24, 2011 at 1:33 PM , Blogger Sarah Cope said...

Seriously, make. the. tears. stop. Ha!
This was a beautifully written post, so true. Thanks for sharing!!

 
At June 27, 2011 at 11:44 PM , Blogger Cory said...

Loved this post. I feel the same way about my kids and worry about the same tender little things. It is so important to keep our eyes on Jesus for sure.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home