This Page

has been moved to new address

Ask the Duplex

Sorry for inconvenience...

Little Miss Momma: Ask the Duplex

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Ask the Duplex

I am a t-shirt and jeans kinda girl.

Or rather a sweatpants and very loose shirt kinda girl.
Like, I would be happy wearing either every.single.day.
Hubs, on the other hand, is not so thrilled with that idea.

And having a baby certainly didn't help motivate me to step it up an notch.
Which leads me to what is perhaps the husbands favorite part
about me and this whole bloggy thing.

I try a bit harder,
I take more risks,
I primp a bit more,
I even twirl in a skirt across the room just for his benefit.

I've learned that a dress can still be casual,
and that skirts don't need to be worn at your hips,
and that short girls with big "muscular" thighs 
can still wear skinny jeans and long dresses,
and that its okay to tuck in your shirt--in fact, its kinda cool.
Oh, and color is good--very, very good!

And I have blogging to thank for my new-found
and developing fashion sense.

Because, trust me, I never would have been brave enough to step outside of my comfort zone without the inspiration of girls like this, this, this and this.

And today, I would like to introduce you to my latest fashion inspiration:
Monica and Whitney of Ask the Duplex.  These girls have style and wit--two of my favorite things.  Here are some of my favorites from their style portfolio:







And now, I hand you over to the girls of Ask the Duplex,
you're gonna love them, I just know it!

***********************************************
Remember the good ol' days when you had roommates and you could walk right outside your bedroom and ask, "Does this shirt look bad with these pants?" or "What should I wear to my job interview?" and you suddenly had 5 expert opinions?  Well, we remember those days, and boy, we sure miss them.

We are Monica and Whitney from Ask the Duplex, childhood best friends and ex-roommates.


After a few years of marriage we soon realized that our husbands were not helping our fashion questions with answers like,  "Uh..is that a trick question?" and "Those shoes look exactly the same".  Instead of forcing our husbands to be more womanly and instead of having all of our old college roommates move into our one-bedroom apartment with us, we created Ask the Duplex where we could ask these style questions and get more expert opinions.


We are so excited Ashley asked us to come guest blog at Little Miss Momma today because we have some very important questions for you (our new e-roommates) that our husbands can't seem to answer.


Question #1:  Which shoes are best with this outfit?


Question #2:  Can you tell this is my husband's business casual shirt?




So, what do you guys think? Do you have some roommate advice for us?

We need lots of womanly advice over at Ask the Duplex, so come join us!  And, if you're on a budget like both of us and need a few items to liven up your wardrobe, enter our giveaway for a fifty dollar Visa Card!

Labels: , ,

15 Comments:

At July 6, 2011 at 11:45 PM , Blogger Amy @ Amy Day to Day said...

Love the duplex girls! They are the sweetest! And to answer their questions... I love the cream colored heels best with that outfit and the business casual shirt looks great. Totally doubles your wardrobe when you can shop your hubby's closet!

 
At July 7, 2011 at 4:18 AM , Blogger Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

Love this! I'm THAT kind of girl too and two kiddos later, I still am that girl. Off to check out these girls, I need all the help I can get!

 
At July 7, 2011 at 4:58 AM , Blogger CaseyWiegand said...

I LOVE THIS! SO crazy i have a post set to publish friday talking about dressing up is hard as stay at home mom! great minds think alike!!!!! love you beautiful friend!

 
At July 7, 2011 at 6:16 AM , Blogger lori said...

i love the ask the duplex girls! i love the risks they take with their wardrobe! to answer the questions: i like the darker shoe and yes, husbands shirt looks great! i may have to go raid my hubbster's closet now...

 
At July 7, 2011 at 7:57 AM , Blogger Alysson said...

They are adorable!! I love their looks. I do miss the good ole days with college roommates! So many closets to choose from and great opinions all around! Men just don't give the same advice! Headed to Ask the Duplex! XO

http://simplicityisultimatesophistication.wordpress.com/

 
At July 7, 2011 at 9:36 AM , Blogger BUB said...

What a fun blog idea.
Q#1: the white ones
Q#2: yes it does, I wouldn't pick that out for you. On the other hand, if you love it then, go for it!

 
At July 7, 2011 at 11:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE their blog! I'm a new follower of theirs now. :)

The white ones are AWESOME and no, I wouldn't guess it's your husband's but it definitely has a boxy fit.

 
At July 7, 2011 at 2:42 PM , Blogger Megan {Splendid Design} said...

Thank you for sharing! Their outfits are adorable. I can relate, as a stay at home mom I have to make myself get dressed up in something other than sweats or jeans. I can live in them but I know that my husband loves to see me in the occasional skirt or dress.

I am a new followers. Love you blog but no idea how I got here!

 
At July 7, 2011 at 3:44 PM , Blogger Mama Tuttle said...

I love the cream colored heels for the first question . . . and her husband's shirt looks awesome!! Can't even tell it's a man's shirt!

 
At July 7, 2011 at 8:29 PM , Blogger Alyssa said...

You always look cute in the outfits you put on here girl! ALWAYS!
These girls are cute too!

 
At July 8, 2011 at 4:05 PM , Blogger Miss K @ kraftingwithk said...

I love the cream colored shoes!

I'm being honest, and I can tell it's a man's shirt. Doesn't look bad, but it doesn't show off your figure. If you like it, don't let me get in the way of that!

 
At July 8, 2011 at 6:47 PM , Blogger Mariah Magagnotti said...

I like the black shoes, and no, the shirt looks great :) WHat fun!

 
At July 8, 2011 at 8:18 PM , Blogger Marcy said...

There is no way you can be a t-shirt and jeans kinda girl when you look that cute all preppy!!! Love all the looks and I can't wait to see what else y'all have in store!

 
At July 11, 2011 at 10:25 PM , Anonymous Zsa Zsa said...

Way to go, Duplex girls! I love your outfits...so fab! Especially love the green skirt with black and white top, and the polka dot black and white skirt with the yellow top! ;)

 
At July 16, 2011 at 12:03 AM , Blogger marissa erin said...

Thank you so much for:

"short girls with big "muscular" thighs
can still wear skinny jeans and long dresses"

I'm short and I'm a dancer. Unfortunately this has cursed me with super muscular thighs. I've always been so self conscious of them, especially when other girls point it out. This is so reassuring, and you are a great role model to me! Thanks for everything!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home