This Page

has been moved to new address

Revamped Picture Frames DIY: push pin bonus

Sorry for inconvenience...

Little Miss Momma: Revamped Picture Frames DIY: push pin bonus

Monday, March 22, 2010

Revamped Picture Frames DIY: push pin bonus

Revamped Picture Frame Tutorial:
Cork Board with {Funky} Push Pins

Apparently I got a crafty bug this weekend.
At first this started out as just another cork board frame revamp...but then I threw together an extra element at the last minute that I think gives this project some extra charm--funky push pins made from earring backings.
Scroll down for the tutorial:



Let's Get Started

Supplies Needed:
Frames in need of a good revamp
Cork Board
Spray Paint in the colors of your choice
Scissors
Plain Earring backings (available at Joanns in the jewelry supply section)

Here are my frames before the revamp:


This one isn't so bad the way it is, but it was a little too white for me.


And this is a dollar store plastic gray frame--definitely in need of some TLC.

Step {One}:


I selected an antique white paint and a satin black semi-gloss.  Wait for them to dry completely, before moving to step two. **Note: Apparently the spray paint I selected was not super compatible with my plastic frame.  I had to apply three coats, so keep that in mind if you are using a plastic frame.

Step {Two}:


I had a little extra room in between the cork board and the back of the frame, and so the cork board wouldn't collapse, I added some extra cork scraps to fill in the space.


Step {Three}:

Now add your favorite picture and you're done.


This project would also be super cute in your kitchen with your favorite recipe pinned to it.

And now my favorite--the plastic frame and funky buttons:


BONUS Mini Tutorial:

So, I wanted to include some pins with my cork board, but I checked every drawer in my house and couldn't find a single one.  Instead I found my jar of extra buttons and beads, and some earring backings. So I busted out my glue gun and made some use of the dusty buttons.


Now you have some unique and anthropologie-esk pins for your new cork board.


 

Happy Crafting!



Show and Tell Green

Labels: , ,

31 Comments:

At March 22, 2010 at 9:22 PM , Blogger Embellished Bayou said...

Love these! That dollar store frame looks fab now, and those push pins are awesome!! Good job!

 
At March 22, 2010 at 11:21 PM , Blogger BaldyLocks said...

That's a pretty cool project :)

-WallCandy on Etsy

 
At March 23, 2010 at 5:24 AM , Blogger Bonnie @ House of Grace said...

Hi, following you from Frugal Family. Cute frames. Thanks for sharing. I am your newest follower. I can't wait to see what else you do.
Bonnie
http://creatingahouseofgrace.blogspot.com/

 
At March 23, 2010 at 6:00 AM , Blogger Michele {The Scrap Shoppe} said...

Very cute! I'm loving that big chunky plastic frame. Came out amazing! Great push pins, too. I love an eclectic collection!

- Michele

 
At March 23, 2010 at 8:24 AM , Blogger Brittany@Love Stitched said...

love this Ash....I will feature them once I am back up and running in blogging land :)

{Brittany}

 
At March 23, 2010 at 2:58 PM , Blogger Laura said...

These are so pretty. I want all those push pins!

 
At March 23, 2010 at 11:38 PM , Anonymous Claudia said...

My push pins are boring... those are full of life! Great ideas :) Lovely blog too :)

 
At March 24, 2010 at 10:48 AM , Anonymous Samantha said...

Nice work. I have tons of pins that need a place to land. Great idea.

 
At March 24, 2010 at 11:00 AM , Blogger Angie Holden said...

Loving those push pins!!

 
At March 24, 2010 at 10:05 PM , Blogger Allison @ House of Hepworths said...

I love these and I'm totally going to copy you. Thanks!!

 
At March 25, 2010 at 7:25 AM , Blogger Andy Porter said...

I love the transformations and the push pins are to die for!! Thanks for linking to Creative Cats!!

XOXO,

Andy

 
At March 27, 2010 at 9:47 AM , Blogger Jess said...

I love those! Those frames are stunning. Thanks for posting on Favorite THings Friday!

 
At March 27, 2010 at 2:22 PM , Blogger Wendy said...

They look great!

 
At March 27, 2010 at 2:29 PM , Blogger Jenn Miyamoto said...

You did an AWESOME job! I especially love the black one...so classy!
Jenn

 
At March 28, 2010 at 5:30 AM , Blogger Red Door Home said...

Love the push pins! So clever.

 
At March 30, 2010 at 10:43 AM , Blogger CrystaL* said...

This is awesome! I have had this idea for a while to with some great frames I have. This is just the encouragement I need to get to this project.

I love your pins by the way that is so fun I am going to do that with some of my vintage earrings :)

 
At March 30, 2010 at 1:51 PM , Blogger Stacey said...

Oh my goodness! Which dollar store chain did you get that frame from? It's perfect for everything ever.

 
At April 1, 2010 at 5:56 PM , Blogger Rachelle said...

LOVE IT.

:)

 
At April 12, 2010 at 4:39 AM , Blogger ashley @ little miss momma said...

Hi Stacey, I got that frame from the Dollar Tree about a year ago! They always have random frame finds!

 
At April 25, 2010 at 11:00 AM , Blogger Linda@CraftaholicsAnonymous said...

Another fab project of yours!! Turned out awesome!
Linda

 
At May 1, 2010 at 5:17 PM , Blogger Chasity said...

These are great ... really love the black one. Makes me want to get up and drive to JoAnn's to buy spray paint and earring backs. Thanks so much for sharing.

 
At May 5, 2010 at 8:25 PM , Blogger icandy... said...

really cute, ashley!
thanks for sharing!
ox
christina

 
At May 30, 2010 at 10:54 PM , Blogger Chasity said...

I am dying to make these push pins but cannot find the plain earring backs anywhere ... not even JoAnn's :(

 
At July 1, 2010 at 4:28 PM , Anonymous Red Head said...

Love it! I'm especially impressed with the plastic dollar store frame! So adorable!

 
At July 14, 2010 at 9:36 AM , Blogger Jami said...

Ok! I'm loving your blog! I have to be your newest follower!
smiles!

www.blackberryvine.blogspot.com

 
At July 29, 2010 at 11:56 AM , Anonymous Katie@Yoga Gal said...

Your project turned out beautifully, I did something similar this week, but I did not have enough space to put the corkboard and it was major drama:

http://yoga-gal.blogspot.com/2010/07/just-paint-it-challenge-fancy-bulletin.html

New Follower!!

 
At July 31, 2010 at 10:53 PM , Blogger Ms Bingles Vintage Christmas said...

Oh, I love it! Love it!
Thank you so much for sharing!
Leticia

 
At April 14, 2011 at 8:20 PM , Blogger Ashley Romney said...

This craft makes me SO HAPPY!!! It is so cute and creative but simple for me to do...I think I will definitely have to make this!!

 
At May 10, 2011 at 8:38 PM , Anonymous Auntie Moo said...

Great looking push pins. I also like to make my push pins with clear dome gems.

 
At May 21, 2011 at 4:35 PM , Blogger Jordan said...

I made one too! thanks for the idea and how-to. heres mine!!

http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x377/jbeccook/219571_10150597700775014_554075013_18943571_6925925_o.jpg

 
At July 25, 2011 at 6:18 AM , Anonymous picture framing said...

i had seen the frame and it is a nice one and i am looking this types of the things for a long time and i will get the good design from here .


.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home