This Page

has been moved to new address

Reaching for Momma

Sorry for inconvenience...

Little Miss Momma: Reaching for Momma

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Reaching for Momma

Something special occurred in the land of motherhood today. 

For the first time ever, my little one gave me his puppy dog eyes and pouty lip and stretched out both his arms while opening and closing his tiny little hands to reach for his mommy--and my heart melted.

Sure, Lil W has reached for me before.  In fact, he will reach for anyone willing to hold his squirmy little body as he proceeds to treat your torso as a mountain he must climb while using your hair as the rope with which to pull himself to the top of your head. 

But this time was different.  This time he was sad.  And this time only his mommy could comfort his sadness.  And as he reached for me and he wrapped his soft little arms around my neck and buried his head into my chest, I thought: this is motherhood--being there this time and every time your precious little ones reach for you {even when they're not so little any more}.


Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

At April 11, 2010 at 8:09 PM , Blogger Michele {The Scrap Shoppe} said...

That is the BEST!!! Knowing that your little one wants you and only you. *sigh* Fabulous.

 
At April 11, 2010 at 8:45 PM , Blogger Brittany@Love Stitched said...

LOVE his Easter outfit!! SO cute! I miss you guys!

 
At April 11, 2010 at 11:00 PM , Blogger Nina @ Momma Go Round said...

Can you come home already??? Landon misses his buddy and I need some serious time kissing that little face.

 
At April 12, 2010 at 2:29 PM , Blogger My latest obsession said...

That is soo sweet! I was just stopping by to say that I nominated you for the Sunshine Award!

http://mylatestobsession3.blogspot.com/2010/04/sunshine-award.html

 
At April 13, 2010 at 7:24 PM , Blogger Turquoise Angels said...

Wow, your little man is so stinky adorable. What great pictures you have! I love your blog and check it out all the time. I left you a little present on my blog for you. Check it out at www.turquoise-angels.blogspot.com

 
At April 14, 2010 at 10:23 PM , Blogger Embellished Bayou said...

I just wanted to say that your son is positively the CUTEST little boy I have ever seen! That photo of him in the hat is absolutely adorable, he is precious!

 
At April 22, 2010 at 9:52 PM , Anonymous Heather said...

Aw, you made me choke up again. Very sweet.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home