This Page

has been moved to new address

Cramps, where art thou?

Sorry for inconvenience...

Little Miss Momma: Cramps, where art thou?

Monday, June 7, 2010

Cramps, where art thou?

Cramps, where art thou?


It just hit me the other day.
Uhhh, when was the last time Aunt Flow came to visit me.
I mean, every 30 days, like clock work, that grouchy hag invades our home
for a whole week.

But not this month, and come to think of it I don't recall her
visit last month either?

But I could be wrong.

So, being the obsessive "must know everything right NOW" gal that I am,
 I headed over to the drug store to find some answers.

On my way, Baby W was loudly 'singing' from his car seat as he pulverized cheerios into my seats. 


 I looked back and smiled at him, grateful for the miracle that is his existence...but truthfully, scared to death at the prospect of juggling two of him at once {just not the right time}.

So I bought the test, and walked out of the store ignoring the judgemental look on the cashiers face that read "you are too young to have one baby, let alone be preggo with another".
{people tend to think I am a teen momma, which I suppose is a compliment}

As soon as I got home I wasted no time peeing on that stick.

And then I waited...
For three of the longest minutes of my life...

In three minutes I imagined life with a toddler and an infant...
I imagined how hard it would be to be changing two sets of diapers...
How hard it would be to be up all night for another year (at least)...
How hard it would be to make any time for me or any time for the hubby...
How expensive it would be...
How exhausted I would be...
How stressed I would be...
How stretched thin I would be...
How tired I would be {did I already say that one}...

And then my three minutes were up...


And you know what, I was disappointed.

Because no matter how tired, how busy, how stretched thin I would be, it doesn't compare to how happy my little baby would make me.

So, will you be trying to have another kiddo anytime soon, you ask?

The answer is still no.

But if the test would have read "pregnant", I would have jumped for joy.
________________________________________________

FYI: I have the utmost admiration for all those Momma's out there with multiple kiddos. You rock! You're the strongest, most courageous, most inspiring group of people I know!

Mom's like this.
And this.
And this.

And all the rest of you, you know who you are!

Labels: ,

18 Comments:

At June 7, 2010 at 10:22 PM , Blogger Trisha B said...

That is how I felt when I found out I was pregnant with twins. I was scared, but happy at the same time. Love your blog!

 
At June 7, 2010 at 10:27 PM , Blogger Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

Cute post!!

XOXO
Jen

 
At June 7, 2010 at 10:41 PM , Anonymous Leanne said...

I've felt that same way at times. I'm still trying to figure out some days how I ended up with 8 and then other days I wish I would have had 2 more. Most days not though! By the way, Hawaii was incredible! I'm already wanting to go back and take the kids, believe it or not.

 
At June 8, 2010 at 4:26 AM , Blogger Heather said...

Too funny...I had the same exact scenario last month! I actually took one at night then another in the morning. I have an 8 month old, so I was a bit overwhelmed by the thought too. But what rings most relevant is the fact that I was disappointed when I saw the "not" there. They truly are a joy no matter how overwhelming it may be!

Heather

 
At June 8, 2010 at 5:12 AM , Anonymous Rachel said...

Wow, I know how you feel! We're supposedly "done" having kids (after 2), but part of me...just wants...only...1 or 2 more...;) I've had this happen to me too. That pregnancy test is brutal. Seeing only one line is bad enough...seeing the words is just plain mean!

 
At June 8, 2010 at 7:18 AM , Blogger A Beautiful Life said...

Me and the Hussy are pretty tight so when she is drooling over someone I listen..you are so fun and totally cute! Love this blog and I've been having cramps but no period yet..i won't buy a prego test until the end of the week..there's no way..like NO WAY I could possibly be, especially since this would be my 55th child..sheesh!!!
Hooray for new followers!

 
At June 8, 2010 at 9:21 AM , Blogger Kristyn said...

If the test had read "pregnant" I think you would have just stood there, in shock, with tears of joy?, well tears anyway, running down your face only halfway listening to your husband who is trying to hug the statue that you just became and saying things like "really!... are you sure two lines means your pregnant...I can't believe it..." with your child dancing around your legs while crammed into a tiny bathroom that is not big enough for three people even if one of them weren't dancing about. Personal experience talking. But I do agree that however shocking a "yes" is a "no" is heartbreaking.

 
At June 8, 2010 at 11:42 AM , Blogger Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Oh, girl, do I know that feeling or what?! My oldest turned 2 the month before our second daughter arrived. It was TOUGH! But I know exactly what you mean about being both relieved and disappointed. :)

 
At June 8, 2010 at 5:07 PM , Blogger luv4jack said...

I've totally been there. Half hoping/praying the test would say yes! And then...not pregnant. Extreme disappointment to say the least. Sometimes, I believe God gives us what we can handle. I so want another child. I love being a mommy! But for me, now is not the best time either. I realize even if I am not blessed with another child, I am TRULY blessed to be Jack's mommy.

 
At June 8, 2010 at 11:12 PM , Blogger Heather said...

Seriously, every month I freak out waiting from the time I take off my BC patch till the time aunt flo arrives, thinking what if i'm pregnant. We're not ready yet, we want to travel more, it hasn't even been 2 years since we get married.....the thoughts go on & on....Your baby is precious though! And, lastly thank you so much for linking up to FABULOUS FRIDAY! Hope you come back this week!
Heather @ www.savingmoneylivinglife.com

 
At June 8, 2010 at 11:33 PM , Blogger Julia said...

Just about every 30 days I start to think that Im pregnant... Where is my friend... Im not ready for another baby!!! Eeek! Then my friend visits and I'm happy and surprisingly sad at the same time.

Visiting from SITS

 
At June 9, 2010 at 8:25 AM , Blogger Jessica the Jacked LDS said...

thanks for my shout out!! i loved it :) i was super excited when i clicked on the FIRST link and voila...here i am.

i bet ur a fabulous momma! keep makin them cuz u do a good job with it!

 
At June 11, 2010 at 8:57 PM , Anonymous Amy said...

Well, if you were expecting another already, you'd be a great mom to both of them.

 
At January 18, 2011 at 10:31 AM , Blogger Jennifer said...

I have an 11 yr old, a 7 yr old, and a 7 month old, and another one on the way.I don't even get dressed every day and sometimes I may sometimes mistake my unshowered smell for a poopy diaper smell. Ick! Oh well. I just remember telling people that I wanted to be a mommy when I grew up. That's what I am, and for now it's all of me.

 
At January 27, 2011 at 10:17 PM , Blogger BFree said...

Ha, this was funny to me. Since I am 10 weeks pregnant. But I can handle two, I think it will be more fun! a little nervous :)

 
At January 27, 2011 at 10:23 PM , Blogger Emily - faliLV said...

Oh man - I have so been there. Isn't it funny how you can sit there so scared, and then be upset with its not to be?
Emily
http://www.familylifeinlv.com

 
At January 28, 2011 at 8:14 AM , Blogger Vanessa@Lovin-Life said...

Oh man, I feel this exact same way. I don't have a baby yet, but have had the same scare a couple times, and I remember freaking out and worrying about how we were going to manage and stuff and being so stressed about it that I wanted to cry, and then when it said not pregnant wanting to cry all over for a different reason because I had started to already get attachted to the idea of that baby.

 
At February 1, 2011 at 9:07 AM , Blogger Kelsey said...

This post rang so true for me. I thought I was pregnant for like 2 months prior to getting pregnant with my second baby. Every month I just KNEW I was preggo (even though I was on birth control...lol) and each month I was stressed about it..and then dissapointed when I wasn't! I had a one year old and I couldn't possibly imagine how hard it was gonna be, but you know what? It rocks! I have two babies 21 months apart and they adore each other...and you know what? God never gives us more than we can handle! That's so true! My son (first born) is super high energy, determined, stubborn, etc...and I was scared to have another of him...but my daughter is MELLOW and hardly ever cries and sleeps well and is the chunkiest, cutest baby girl in the world. I wouldn't trade them for N E THING! :) Hope when it does happen that you'll get JUST what God planned for you! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home