This Page

has been moved to new address

Vinyl Wall Art Canvas TUTORIAL

Sorry for inconvenience...

Little Miss Momma: Vinyl Wall Art Canvas TUTORIAL

Monday, August 2, 2010

Vinyl Wall Art Canvas TUTORIAL


Vinyl Wall Art Canvas Tutorial
{made with vinyl wall art courtesy of Dali Decals}

I am totally digging our newest Little Miss Momma sponsor, Dali Decals--because not only do they have tons of the most fabulous vinyl wall art out there, but their products inspire me to be a little miss crafty pants.

Dali Decals recently sent me this rad vinyl wall art:


Are you loving that its on a toilet as much as I am?
Well, when I chose this piece, I had other plans in mind for my decal.
I didn't have a permanent location in mind, so I decided to apply the decal to canvases.


And now, here's the tutorial so you can make your very own Dali Decals canvas wall art.

Here's what you'll need:


Supplies:
Your favorite Dali Decal
2 canvases in the size of your choice
acrylic paint in the color of your choice
scissors and paint brush
wall art scraper {or credit card}

STEP ONE:
Paint your canvases in the acrylic paint you selected.
They will probably require two coats.


STEP TWO:
While you wait for your canvases to dry COMPLETELY, cut out all your decals.


Once your canvases are dry, you are ready to apply your decals following the instructions included in your order.  {see summary in below steps}

Peel back the paper backing on your decals and place lightly on your canvases in the layout you desire.


Once your decals are in place, use the tool included in your order {or the edge of a credit card} to press down your decal.  Be sure to all get the edges of the decal VERY well.


{I think this is such a genius marketing tool--get it, marketing "tool"}.


STEP THREE:
Begin to lift up the contact paper from your decals to reveal your beautiful finished product.


My decals were a bit larger than my canvas, so I chose to have my decal go all the way over the edge of the canvas.


And then I trimmed the excess.


And there ya have it--that's it!

So, what do you think?
Pretty simple, right?!






I think this project would also be fun with these other decals from Dali Decals:









Aren't these all to-die-for?!

Vinyl wall art is the perfect way to add some flare to those bare walls in your home--without breaking the bank!  Head over to Dali Decals and get lost in their vast world of fab vinyl wall art--you'll be happy you did!

You can also visit Dali Decals on FACEBOOK!
___________________________________________________________
I will be linking this tutorial up to these fabulous parties!

Labels: , ,

22 Comments:

At August 2, 2010 at 9:32 PM , Blogger Brianna! said...

these are sooooo pretty
I love them
xoxo
bB

 
At August 2, 2010 at 10:35 PM , Blogger Kari said...

I love the way these turned out! I have a new love for vinyl and am hoping that one day I can get my grimy hands on a cricket or a silhouette! :)

 
At August 2, 2010 at 10:35 PM , Anonymous Heather said...

I know what I'm asking for as a birthday present! I love all things tree, leaf, and branch-themed! The cherry blossom branch would look great in my new apartment!

 
At August 3, 2010 at 4:05 AM , Anonymous Mayya @ Sew Chic and Unique said...

Stopping by from Its Very Cheri great idea and those decals are so pretty will definitely be paying them a visit :)

 
At August 3, 2010 at 7:36 AM , Blogger Brittany@Love Stitched said...

I love the colors you chose...they match your bedroom :)

hey I posted a little something about you today...

http://lovestitched.blogspot.com/2010/08/get-to-know-me-tuesday.html

THANK YOU :)

 
At August 3, 2010 at 8:39 AM , Blogger Marty said...

OMgosh, how neat! The possibilities are endless with these! Love it=))

 
At August 3, 2010 at 9:47 AM , Blogger sara said...

Those turned out great! I have some vinyl art above Pie's crib and I love it...looks like custom work.

 
At August 3, 2010 at 12:30 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi Ashley.
i've given you an award! please see blog for details! :)

 
At August 4, 2010 at 3:40 PM , Blogger Mix of 6 Blog said...

Very creative! I'm going to have to try that on for size! I go decal crazy, so this will be a fun project for me.

 
At August 4, 2010 at 4:53 PM , Blogger Ginger said...

Cute decor! Thanks for linking up to Mad Skills Monday!

 
At August 5, 2010 at 10:21 PM , Blogger Kara @ Mine for the Making said...

WOW! So gorgeous! And super easy! I have 2 canvases that are just begging me to put some vinyl on them now! thanks for the inspiration!

Found you on Frugal Friday :)

Kara @ Mine for the Making

 
At August 5, 2010 at 10:23 PM , Blogger Jocelyn said...

those are so cute!

 
At August 5, 2010 at 10:48 PM , Blogger Staci J said...

Those are sooo cute!! I think I could actually do that, i'm going to try it:)
Visiting from justsewsassy.com
Come by and check out my fun giveaway:)
http://justsewsassy.com/2010/08/03/tuesday-tutorial-anthropologie-knock-off/

 
At August 7, 2010 at 2:30 AM , Blogger Ummu Noora said...

oh this is beautiful!very chic and elegant!

and wow you're right,yes their decals are gorgeous!

Angeliquez

 
At August 7, 2010 at 6:57 AM , Blogger Amanda said...

I just wanted to stop by and let you know that I linked to this post today from the new Home & Garden channel at Craft Gossip. :) My hope is to share many of the fabulous projects I see everyday with the vast CG audience. I hope you will not only stop by and subscribe to CG, but will tell your friends about the new category! Hope you see some traffic from it!

Your feature will appear in the main Craft Gossip RSS feed, on the main home page and can be found directly here
http://homeandgarden.craftgossip.com/vinyl-wall-art/

If you would like a "featured by" button, you can grab one here!
http://homeandgarden.craftgossip.com/grab-a-craft-gossip-button/

 
At August 7, 2010 at 8:34 AM , Blogger Alison @ Oopsey Daisy said...

Oh my heck, this is gorgeous!! THose flowers are simply stunning!! Thanks for sharing!

~Alison

 
At August 10, 2010 at 5:46 PM , Blogger Jessica @ Saving Money Living Life said...

I love the decals! What a fun idea. The nursery ones are especially cute. Thanks for stopping by our blog and linking up on Friday- we love having you participate!

 
At August 15, 2010 at 10:19 AM , Blogger Christi said...

thanks for introducing me to a new decal supplier. love these!

 
At September 27, 2010 at 5:50 AM , Anonymous Laura said...

Thanks for a great idea. I have a vinyl wall decal I have for my sons room. Ive never put it up because I could never decide where it was going to go permanently. Now, Im going to put it on a canvas and I can move it around!

 
At October 1, 2010 at 5:03 AM , Anonymous canvas wall art said...

Cool stuff here,I can renovate our house using the tutorial,Hope that I can follow the procedure to have a great result and make our house fabuluos.

 
At October 24, 2010 at 8:06 PM , Blogger Steph @ somewhatsimple said...

I love this! I am featuring it on crazydomestic.com on 10/26. Thanks for the inspiration!
-Steph

 
At December 14, 2010 at 3:01 PM , Blogger Michaela said...

Super cute! I recently did this with some decals I had laying around. I painted the canvas turquoise and white (stripes) and the black decal popped perfectly off that! The flower stickers you used are adorable

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home