This Page

has been moved to new address

Doily Banner TUTORIAL

Sorry for inconvenience...

Little Miss Momma: Doily Banner TUTORIAL

Monday, July 26, 2010

Doily Banner TUTORIAL

Paper Doily Banner TUTORIAL


So I have seen a few of these doily banners out there in the blogoshere and the world of Etsy--and I knew I had to try one out for myself.

And, I also think my button obsession is expanding into the doily arena--which means you can expect a few more doily tutorials out of me in the future.

Now honestly, this is perhaps the easiest craft project you'll ever embark on--not to mention, its perfect for party decor {baby shower, bridal shower, luncheon, Easter, etc.}. 

You can even spray paint your doilies any color you want.  Last Halloween I made one of these banners and spray painted all the doily's black--very Gothic chic, lol!  

Or you can add cut-out letters to your doilies to spell out something like "Happy Birthday".  The possibilities are endless!


Shall we get started?
Here's what you'll need.

Supplies:
Paper doilies {from the Dollar Tree}
Ribbon in the color of your choice {at least 3/4 inch wide}
Glue gun and hot glue

STEP ONE:
Determine how long you want your banner to be and select how many doilies you want to use.  I used six--I wanted to use 7, but my ribbon was too short.  I suggest using an odd number of doilies. Now fold all your doilies in half.


STEP TWO:
You will glue down your first doily about 18 inches in from the end of the ribbon {leave at least 18 inches on both ends for hanging your banner}.  Lay your ribbon flat and apply a row of hot glue to the bottom half of the ribbon in the length of your first doily.  Now set your doily on top of the hot glue and press firmly in place.   

**Important**: When you set your doily on the glue, be sure that you set it down exactly halfway through the ribbon {see picture below}.   


Now follow the same steps with the remaining doilies.  For this banner, I placed my doilies about 5 inches apart.  Next time I want to try to place them touching each other {I think that will look cuter}. 


STEP THREE:
Once you have glued down the first side of all your doilies, you are ready to move on.  Lay your banner flat on your work space.  Start with the first doily again, but this time apply hot glue to the top half of the ribbon. 


And then fold the top half of the ribbon over the doily and press firmly into place.


Continue this step until the ribbon is glued down along the length of the banner.


I left the end ribbon pieces unglued so that they would be cuter and easy to tie when hanging {see picture below}.


And in just 15 short minutes, you have your very own paper doily banner to hang for your next party or holiday!














I will be linking this doily banner to

Happy Crafting!

Labels: , ,

16 Comments:

At July 26, 2010 at 2:04 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

so cute. I want some.

 
At July 26, 2010 at 3:05 PM , Blogger Pink Peppermint Paper said...

Very sweet. What a cute idea!

 
At July 26, 2010 at 5:16 PM , Anonymous Brittany@ lovestitched said...

Ummm hello DARLING ....... I am making these this week for a bridal shower I'm hosting this weekend! Thanks :) I'll post pics next week :)

 
At July 26, 2010 at 5:40 PM , Blogger The Autocrat: Haley said...

Super cute idea!

 
At July 26, 2010 at 5:42 PM , Blogger The Autocrat: Haley said...

Whoa! I just skimmed back through the tutorial, and holy smokes! You have a pretty fabulous wedding ring!

 
At July 26, 2010 at 6:32 PM , Blogger A Beautiful Life said...

what doilies?? i'm still mesmerized by your wedding ring...i have bling in my eyes ;)

 
At July 26, 2010 at 7:06 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

so dainty and cute! i love it. and im laughing at Hilliary's comment. I saw thinking the same thing ;)

New follower via Just Something I Whipped Up Monday!
Becky
mrsbettierocker.blogspot.com

 
At July 26, 2010 at 7:54 PM , Blogger Katie@LeBeauPaonVictorien said...

Very cute idea! Thanks for sharing the idea and a tutorial too!! Lovely!

 
At July 26, 2010 at 9:55 PM , Blogger Michelle @ Sweet Something Design said...

That turned out cute!

 
At July 27, 2010 at 6:30 PM , Blogger Ginger said...

Cute idea! Thanks for linking up to Mad Skills Monday!

 
At July 28, 2010 at 7:45 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

What a darling idea! very clever!

 
At July 29, 2010 at 6:37 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Very pretty! We appreciate you joining us this week at Anything Related!
{Rebekah}

 
At July 29, 2010 at 12:38 PM , Blogger Kaysi @ Keeping it Simple said...

Super cute!!

 
At August 1, 2010 at 7:26 AM , Blogger Tania Pelletier said...

How sweet is that?! I love it!

Tania

 
At August 2, 2010 at 1:00 PM , Blogger CassandraRussell said...

I use a lot of doilies in my own fine artwork so i was totally drawn in to this tutorial. Great idea!

 
At January 3, 2011 at 12:50 PM , Anonymous Jessica said...

I love this idea and just blogged about it. It reminded me of Alice in Wonderland's apron and dress and inspired me to add playing cards for a Mad Hatter themed party. Thanks for your how to and sharing your fabulous idea!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home