This Page

has been moved to new address

Dear Baby W, {Momma's Boy}

Sorry for inconvenience...

Little Miss Momma: Dear Baby W, {Momma's Boy}

Monday, August 2, 2010

Dear Baby W, {Momma's Boy}

Dear Baby W,

You are a daddy's boy,
there's no doubt about that!


But for some reason, from the moment you woke up this morning until I tucked you into bed, you spent every waking second of the day as a complete Momma's boy--which, before having a child of my own, was my absolute pet peeve--but now...

...now, I must admit that having a few days here and there where you only want your momma to hold you, and feed you, and play with you, and read to you, and snuggle you and kiss you--well, it kinda makes me happy.


I turn to mush on the inside when you crawl over to my feet and use the hem of my skirt to pull yourself up into a standing position; and then reach your arms up towards me so that I will pick you up.

I love that on days like today, you pretend you have forgotten how to hold your own bottle so that Mommy will pull you up onto her lap and hold it for you.

I love how you give me your fake quiver lip if you don't have my undivided attention for even one second.

And while I'd like to think that days like today are your way of showing me how much you love your momma--I know that in reality, your Momma's boy routine, usually means a fever is just around the corner on or a new tooth is making its way through.

And that's okay.

Because I'll take cuddle time over squirmy time any way I can get it.

So thanks for today.

love,

momma



Labels:

5 Comments:

At August 2, 2010 at 5:44 AM , Blogger ilene @ muchloveilly said...

ashley, he is so precious!!! lovely post. happy monday!!!

 
At August 2, 2010 at 8:44 AM , Blogger luv4jack said...

And this piece should be part of your, Dear Baby W Series ;) And most definetly a part of his Mommy Memory Box! So sweet. We have those days too, they are getting fewer and more far in-between now that he is almost 3. He even says, "I'm bigger now." And, "that's enough", when I try to get extra cuddle time! Though these mommy only moments are fleeting...I take them when I can!

 
At August 2, 2010 at 9:27 AM , Blogger Michelle @ Dibble Dabble Life said...

Mamma's Boys are the BEST!! So awesome that I always wanted a boy (I had twin girls). That is until I met my husband (a single father to twin boys!!). I have been raising them since they were 2 (they are now 7) I can officially one of them is a mamma's boy!!! He pinky promised that he would always be a mamma's boy...even "when he is as tall as his daddy"!!

Baby W is so precious, hopefully his mamma boy day is a change in personality and not a sign of sickness or those mean ole teeth coming in!!

 
At August 2, 2010 at 9:56 AM , Blogger M.O.T.B said...

He is beautiful and I love Mommy day as well. although Daddy day stinks:(

 
At August 2, 2010 at 8:40 PM , Blogger  Justine said...

Cherish all these moments :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home