This Page

has been moved to new address

Anthropologie Knock Off Bobby Pins Tutorial

Sorry for inconvenience...

Little Miss Momma: Anthropologie Knock Off Bobby Pins Tutorial

Friday, June 17, 2011

Anthropologie Knock Off Bobby Pins Tutorial

Anthropologie Knock Off
Vintage Yo Yo Bobby Pins
{As seen on the fabulous Kojo Designs}

I originally posted this fun tutorial on Kojo Designs a while back.  During my moving interim, I thought I would revisit it with y'all.
_______________________________________

If you've ever seen any of my tutorials,
then you know I love me a good knock off.
And naturally, one of my favorite sites to get ideas is Anthropologie.
I stumbled upon these beauties, and knew I wanted to try my own version.
{source: Anthropologie}
And now, for my version:



In my family, we have a Yo Yo quilt that has been passed down for 4 generations.  It is made with vintage fabric, and it makes my heart swoon.  The only problem, it has begun to tatter and fall apart. And the girls in our family have been trying to find alternate uses for the classic yo yo's.  So I very carefully used a seam ripper to remove a handful of yo yo's from the outer edge of my blanket--to use on this vintage project.

To make your own yo yo's, see this tutorial.


  • Fabric Yo Yo's
  • Bobby Pin blanks {available in jewelry section at Joann's}
  • Buttons and/or scrap booking embellishments
  • Ribbon, tulle or any other extras you like
  • Scissors
  • Hot glue gun and glue

Lay out all your Yo Yo's and start gettin' creative as you make your button/yo yo combinations.





Grab your bobby pin base and add a drop of hot glue.

Place on the backside of a yo yo. Allow to cool.

Flip over and apply a drop of glue to the center of the front of your yo yo. Then place your button on top. Allow to cool.

Yep, it's really that easy.

I hope you enjoyed the world's easiest knock off project!
Happy Crafting!

Labels: , ,

19 Comments:

At June 17, 2011 at 7:45 PM , Blogger Jayna said...

Awesome little hairbows, I love it! I'll have to try that one out!

 
At June 17, 2011 at 7:59 PM , Blogger Crystal said...

Love them! I love yoyos & making them! I have some different ideas pinned to do them! http://pinterest.com/crystal_chesser/yoyos/

 
At June 17, 2011 at 8:16 PM , Blogger Kate said...

Love them! Going to attempt some myself! Where do you find your diamond buttons??

 
At June 17, 2011 at 8:20 PM , Blogger Brandi said...

fun! This is definitely added to my pinterest "craft to do" board!

 
At June 17, 2011 at 11:06 PM , Blogger Jami said...

Those are AMAZING! I actually think I may be able to do that. Are you gonna sell those?

 
At June 18, 2011 at 1:23 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I love this idea! I think I'll have to try it!

 
At June 18, 2011 at 7:16 AM , Blogger Carolyn said...

I am SO making these. Thanks for sharing.

 
At June 18, 2011 at 4:57 PM , Anonymous Emam said...

I don't think I can become crafy enough to make these pins. They do look adorable.

 
At June 20, 2011 at 6:49 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

super cute-- I have to try this for my lil Madi!

 
At June 20, 2011 at 10:21 AM , Blogger The mum of all trades said...

these are so pretty! a lovely little idea.

 
At June 20, 2011 at 10:57 AM , Blogger Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

I love these and I actually think I could pull it off! Horray!

 
At June 20, 2011 at 1:29 PM , Blogger steph nelsen said...

this was you!? i found this somewhere else months ago and printed the pics so i could try it at home. i am also the proud owner of a dilapidated yo yo quilt and love this idea! love that i follow your blog now too : )

 
At June 20, 2011 at 2:27 PM , Blogger Miss Erin Summers said...

These are so cute. I love your attitude of finding a way to make something pretty for a good price. I also love me a good knock off.

 
At June 20, 2011 at 8:13 PM , Anonymous Zsa Zsa said...

So pretty and so quick and easy to make! Thanks Ashley! :)

 
At June 21, 2011 at 8:00 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

i LOVE these! i finally looked at them so many times i had to try to make them! thank you soooooo much for the inspiration!

http://thenewcatos.blogspot.com/2011/06/lady-baby-hair-thingies.html

-g

 
At June 21, 2011 at 10:50 AM , Blogger Jack & Lucy said...

Oh I LOVE these! You are so incredibly talented! Where did you get all of the unique buttons?

 
At June 22, 2011 at 11:02 AM , Blogger Meggers said...

My goodness, what a cute idea! You are so pretty, have such a pretty family, and a beautiful blog! I love reading it daily! Where can I buy the fabric yo yos so I can try the project?

 
At July 19, 2011 at 10:26 AM , Anonymous Ashley said...

I want vintage yo-yos! Cuuute! They are much cuter than anthros, honestly. I'm going to use vintage fabric to make mine and iron them down so they look like vintage yo-yos! Yay! :)

 
At July 19, 2011 at 1:13 PM , Blogger courtiebeth said...

I was so confused at first because I thought you made the ones in the first photo and the 2nd photo was Anthro, but in reverse? Yours are SO much better than theirs! Way to go Miss Momma!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home