This Page

has been moved to new address

RAQ {answers to Recently Asked Questions}

Sorry for inconvenience...

Little Miss Momma: RAQ {answers to Recently Asked Questions}

Saturday, January 8, 2011

RAQ {answers to Recently Asked Questions}

A handful of you have all had similar questions for me lately, so I thought I would answer a handful of them in this post.

RAQ
{Recently Asked Questions}

Where did you get that heart ring you're always wearing?
This is my favorite ring ever--it's a Tiffany's silver heart ring that my hubby got for me on our first Christmas as a married couple. I almost never take it off.



I contacted Tiffany's and they said they "retired" that ring 2 years ago, but click here for a link to another website that sells the ring {it looks legit, but I'm not sure}.

Do you use magic toothpaste?
I literally laughed out loud when I opened this question in my inbox.  NO, I do not use magic toothpaste, however, I am an advocate for whitening strips--they are my not-so-secret Secret to white teethI am also super careful to drink any colored liquid through a straw and I always brush my teeth right after eating food that stains {i.e. spaghetti, berries, etc}--it has sorta become an annoying obsession of mine.

{sweater: Anthropologie sale section, shirt: Old Navy, belt: Forever 21, necklace: Amanda Lynne Designs, bracelet: Tiffany's}

I recently purchased the Target brand of whitening strips {basically a knock off of Crest white strips}.They don't come in clear plastic strips anymore--now they are the blue wax strips that you mold to your teeth {hence the blue teeth in the above pictures}.


Where do you shop?
Almost everything in my wardrobe is from Forever 21, Target and the sale section of Anthropologie. I have NEVER paid full price for anything in Anthropologie--ever!  Here are the details on the specific outfits some of you have asked about:

{pink sweater: Target, top: local store, belt: Forever 21, ring: Tiffany's}

{sweater: Forever 21, shirt: Forever 21, jeans: Forever 21, shoes: local store but they also sell them at Forever 21, purse: Aubrey Plays}

{jeans: Forever 21, shirt: Gap, belt: Forever 21, sweater: local discount store with the tag crossed out but I think the brand is NY&Co.}

Why do you wear your wedding ring on your right hand?
Actually, I wear it on my left hand, but almost all the pictures I take of myself are taken through a mirror so the images are reversed {making it appear as though I am wearing my ring on my right hand}. I'm super tricky like that.

{so this is actually my left hand through a mirror}


Are your hair extensions made of fake hair and where did you get them?
They are actually 100% real hair. Fake hair cannot be washed, blow dried, curled or straightened--therefore, I use real hair. 


My hair dresser has me buy the hair and then she puts it in.  I bought my extensions at a local beauty supply store, but I am sure you can find it online as well.  I would google: weft hair extensions.  Here is how they will look before you had them put in:


Talk to your hair dresser about what color and how much to purchase. I have 1 ounce of hair extensions in my hair. Also, a lot of the time your hair dresser will color the hair to match yours.  Your hair dresser will braid a corn row in your hair and then sew the strand of extensions into the corn row.

{picture found on internet--this isn't me}

People usually get hair extensions for two reasons: to make your hair longer and/or to make your hair thicker.  My extensions are actually shorter than my real hair, so they just make my hair thicker to help hide my secret.

What kind of camera do you use?
If you read this post, then you've heard that I know nothing about my camera.
I take every picture on "auto".

{Canon Power Shot SX20 IS, 12.1 mega pixels}

Nothing too fancy, but it does the trick.
{psst, fyi, I surprised myself with a new Nikon DSLR camera for Christmas--but I haven't used it yet--I have lofty goals of taking a photography class in the future}

Some of you have asked me how to find sponsors for your blog--I am going to save my tips for gaining sponsors for a future post all on its own {it will go up very soon, I promise}.

Did I forget anything?
Anymore questions?
Let me know in the comments section.

Labels: , ,

41 Comments:

At January 8, 2011 at 7:34 PM , Blogger Leslie said...

Great post! Very informing ;) Gonna have to try those Target brand whitening strips

 
At January 8, 2011 at 7:40 PM , Blogger ilene @ muchloveilly said...

cute post, girl!
you always look so darling.

have a lovely weekend!! :)

 
At January 8, 2011 at 7:44 PM , Anonymous Megan said...

I have 2 questions for you...I've been holding back!
1)How the heck do you stay so fit?!
2)I am dying to see photos of your house! You have such a great sense of style. Will you ever give us a sneek peak?

Love Ya, Girl! Your blog is the highlight of my evening!!
Megan

 
At January 8, 2011 at 7:49 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

wow, that was interesting! I learned a lot about you :) and you make me wanna check out target for some clothes now..haha!!

very amazing pictures! you are very talented :) does the camera really help in quality pictures? I've been looking to get a quality camera because i have a digital, but my pictures never look "professional" . do you touch up to add extra color and such? recommend anything within a reasonable price range?

 
At January 8, 2011 at 7:50 PM , Blogger Kari said...

Now I want to go get hair extensions! XOXO Can't wait for the sponsor post. XOXO

 
At January 8, 2011 at 7:55 PM , Blogger Heidi said...

I just want to say that I LOVE your blog. I read every post {though I'm sort of bad at commenting}. I love your honesty, your beauty & your humor. I ordered several of your flower rings for my Mom, Aunt & cousins for Christmas and they LOVE them {I love them too, but my fingers are too fat to wear them comfortably, haha}. Thank you for always being so open and willing to share! I appreciate you!

 
At January 8, 2011 at 7:58 PM , Blogger Jenn @ Peas and Crayons said...

So awesome to learn more about you! =) I love every outfit in this post... ohmygosh! the sweater with the pom poms is so flipping adorable! =)

xoXOxo
Jenn @ Peas & Crayons

 
At January 8, 2011 at 8:08 PM , Blogger Krulls in Haiti said...

Note to self: Go to Target.

:)

 
At January 8, 2011 at 8:08 PM , Blogger Stephanie McDonnell said...

This is great. We can be BFF's now. I have a seriously nasty habit of biting my nails. It makes my hubby mad, because I do it when he's talking to me and he often thinks I'm trying to ignore him and/or dismiss what he's saying. I'm not. I just can't help it. So I always get my nails done to cover up my sickening habit. If people saw my nail beds for what they really were, they probably wouldn't like me much. :)
Oh, and white strips rock!

 
At January 8, 2011 at 8:09 PM , Blogger MELISSA said...

we are meant to be BFF's...I love Forever 21! HAHA, J/K!
Thanks for all the great tips!

 
At January 8, 2011 at 8:11 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love it!! I hate that we don't have a Target near us anymore, but we are going to Anchorage in March!!!

I have a DSLR (Canon) if you have any questions please let me know. I only shoot on Manual.

Hayley
www.goosenandlovie.com

 
At January 8, 2011 at 8:12 PM , Blogger Suzi Q said...

Yes you are adorable. But this you have to know by now. I love your wedding ring, it's so classy looking. I wish people had questions for meeee! Oh well. One of my new years resolutions was to bleach my teeth. But I use a pro-white kit...cheaper than strips. My question is....you obviously dress cute, do you always get dressed, or only when you know pics will appear on the blog?

 
At January 8, 2011 at 8:17 PM , Blogger Lindsay said...

Ashley, What local discount store do you shop at? I am obsessed with deals :) And since we are practically neighbors :) CUTE outfits!

 
At January 8, 2011 at 8:26 PM , Blogger Anna K. said...

This post is Fabulous!
I also LOOOVEEE Forever21 - working at a high end clothing store and integrating F21 into my work wardrobe has been interesting...
I think it's great the random variety of questions you've covered - Enjoy your weekend girl!

 
At January 8, 2011 at 8:40 PM , Blogger TLF said...

Fun post!!
FYI: the yellow cardi you're wearing in your family pics is from New York & Co.
I have the same one. I also have the same camera and shoot everything on "auto". LOL :-)

 
At January 8, 2011 at 9:15 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww, you are so stinkin' cute :) Xoxoxo

 
At January 8, 2011 at 10:06 PM , Blogger Amanda said...

i love what Megan said! i'm not the only one you have fooled. ;)

you're a doll.

oh, and i followed your Anthro pom-pom necklace tutorial... and rocked it! i posted all about it... please do check it out. :)

http://perfectimperfection13.blogspot.com/2011/01/flower-power-and-party.html

xoxo,
Amanda

 
At January 8, 2011 at 10:27 PM , Blogger MJ said...

Great post BFF....I figured the ring thing out. lol

 
At January 8, 2011 at 10:51 PM , Blogger Heather @ Glitter and Gloss said...

I love these kinds of posts!

Questions for you.....

Favorite song?
Favorite perfume?
Can you show off some house pictures?
favorite way to spend a night out with your hubby?
You have $1000 that you must spend on yourself ...what do you get?

XO,
Heather

 
At January 8, 2011 at 10:52 PM , Blogger Audrey Crisp said...

You're awesome! Thanks for the tips! Love Tarjay! I'd love to see your house as well! Thanks for being so open!

 
At January 8, 2011 at 11:00 PM , Blogger Jenny J said...

Love the all the answers to FAQ! I too would love to see pictures of your house. Isn't Target the absolute BEST! I wish we had a Forever 21 here, but it's only a 45 min drive to the nearest one, so I guess I can't complain :)

 
At January 8, 2011 at 11:48 PM , Blogger Pink Princess said...

LOVE your outfits and the answers :)

 
At January 9, 2011 at 5:31 AM , Blogger Peanut Stitches said...

How long do the hair extensions last for? May I ask if they are expensive? My hair is thin, and my husband loves it long but it just looks thinner and thinner like that! I would love to try it out while he is gone to see if it would work. Can you still put your hair in a ponytail? Can you tell at all?

I puffy heart your entire style!!

 
At January 9, 2011 at 7:19 AM , Anonymous Jessi J. said...

Ashley I have two follow up questions (smiles) 1) Do you know if you can put hair extentions in short hair (IE: Hair you can't braid) and 2) do you continusly use white strips or do you only use them for a week out of a month? (I'm confused because it says 7 day whiting system...)

Thanks... plus I love how you put clothes together <3

 
At January 9, 2011 at 8:57 AM , Blogger Ali Rockwell said...

Forever21 is the best... their clothes are so cute and SO affordable!

Your family is so adorable...

 
At January 9, 2011 at 9:01 AM , Blogger mstalcup said...

Ashley, Thanks for sharing! Love your blog.

I'm jumping on the wagon with Megan, I want to see pictures of your home. You do have awesome taste :)

I love your blog - I love all the pictures you shared on this post! :)

 
At January 9, 2011 at 10:41 AM , Blogger kristie said...

I love how you are not afraid to share your secrets! Also, thank you for stopping my little space and checking it out.. it means alot. xo

 
At January 9, 2011 at 11:20 AM , Blogger Lisa Fliehman said...

As I've said before, I LOVE YOUR BLOG!!! Thanks for keeping it real! And sometimes I just check out the pictures, so I had no idea that you wore extensions. I guess I should be reading every word now.

 
At January 9, 2011 at 11:23 AM , Blogger ohboy said...

I need to find better deals at Anthropologie it seems!! I can never find anything I want for sale but you have inspired me to keep looking! Love Forever 21 and Target too!

 
At January 9, 2011 at 2:30 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE IT!! :-) I want to know where you got that blue with purple flowers, knit headband (that goes across your forehead) in your profile picture??

 
At January 9, 2011 at 2:37 PM , Blogger Rhianna said...

The ring got me thinking, and I have too fallen in love with it!!! Here's a link to one that is similar to the Tiffany's heart ring. Not exactt, but close! http://www.evesaddiction.com/detail_RG10226__438__Tiffany_Style_Stainless_Steel_Engravable_Heart_Signet_Ring.html

 
At January 9, 2011 at 3:24 PM , Anonymous Heather said...

Wow! Thanks for sharing and letting me know that it is possible to create cute outfits w/ affordable clothes! I love your style and I can read your blog for hours...not sure that's a good thing. Also, you are one of the women that inspired me to write my own blog...just started it...YAY!

SO thank you and I am going to try those Target brand white strips :)

 
At January 9, 2011 at 5:52 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love your post, you are too cute! I so have to go to Forever 21, havent been in a while! Too bad we dont live close enough to go shopping together. lol <3

 
At January 9, 2011 at 7:59 PM , Blogger Rachel said...

ooo love the questions and answers! and i've never noticed that heart ring before, but i love it! so so so pretty!

 
At January 9, 2011 at 8:25 PM , Blogger Chrissy @ the Pearl Blog said...

how do take your post pictures of you and the white background? no flash? sheet? back drop? I need help with this please and thank you so much..

ps having you comment on my blog was awesome I felt like a little kid meeting a princess!

 
At January 10, 2011 at 12:01 AM , Blogger ahappygirl said...

I just have one question...could you get any cuter? ;)

I can never find good deal at anthropologie. You must have a gift.

It took serious courage to write about your secret. You are a tough cookie!

 
At January 10, 2011 at 12:16 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing!! Nice to know! :)

 
At January 11, 2011 at 8:43 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

How do you get those oh-so-amazing waves in your hair? Are they from the extensions? Regardless, I'm green with envy!

-Allie

 
At January 12, 2011 at 11:47 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful family! I am so with you on Anthropologie, love the store, wont pay full price =)

 
At January 12, 2011 at 7:04 PM , Blogger Karri said...

I am another one who is wondering more about the extensions....how long do they last? Do they hurt? I have really fine, thin (sucky) hair, so I've always been extension-curious.

 
At January 15, 2011 at 11:58 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i just found your blog, and i am SO SO SO in love with it! you have some amazing style, and you're super gorgeous. i have some questions, too :)
your make up looks so fresh, clean and pretty. and it doesn't look like you even wear a lot? can you please give us your secrets and products you like?! that would be sweet!
also, where are all your striped shirts from? i really love them and you can do so much with them.
AND, can we please please PLEASE see your house?!?
thanks so much for loving - definitely a new favorite!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home