This Page

has been moved to new address

Button Bracelet Tutorial

Sorry for inconvenience...

Little Miss Momma: Button Bracelet Tutorial

Monday, April 19, 2010

Button Bracelet Tutorial

Button Bracelet Tutorial with Lobster Clasp

While shopping in England I came across an adorable button bracelet and I thought "well I could make that"--so I did {with a quick lesson from my Auntie}, and you can too! So now I am sharing the step by step tutorial on how to make this:


And this:


Step One:
Have fun picking out your favorite buttons and gathering your supplies.



Supply List {see pictures}:
Favorite Buttons
Crimper Tool {purchased at Michaels}
2 Crimp Beads {purchased at Michaels}
2 4mm Jump Rings {purchased at Michaels}
1 Lobster Clasp {purchased at Michaels}
Rope of your choice {be sure it fits in your crimp beads}
Scissors



Step Two:
Once you have gathered all your supplies, place one of the crimp beads on the end of your rope.


Now, use your crimper tool to "smash" your crimper bead around the rope, securely in place.


Next, attach one of your jump rings to the end of the ring on your crimp bead using your crimper tool {this jump ring is what your lobster clasp will attach to in a future step}.


Measure the length you want your bracelet to be so that you know how many buttons you will need. 


 STEP THREE:
Begin to thread/attach your buttons by putting the rope up the hole on the bottom side and then down through the top side of each button.  I like to leave a bit of space between each button so that they won't overlap.


Continue threading the buttons.  So long as you don't choose buttons with large holes, the buttons should stay in place without an adhesive. 


 Cut the excess rope and prepare to add your second crimp bead.


Follow the same step for attaching the crimp bead and jump ring on the other side of rope.  NOTE: Before closing the second jump ring, be sure to attach your lobster clasp {see next 2 pictures}. 


 


And Wa-La! You have your very own button bracelet with a semi-professional clasp! There you have it--this is about as complicated as my jewelry making will ever get:


Now have fun picking out other fun button bracelet combinations, such as:


OR


OR


The possibilities are ENDLESS...


Happy Crafting!

Click HERE to see where I link up.

Labels: ,

16 Comments:

At April 19, 2010 at 10:43 PM , Blogger Kristyn said...

Very cute! I see a craft night possibility!!

 
At April 19, 2010 at 10:54 PM , Anonymous Leanne said...

These will be so fun to make with my daughters. Thanks for sharing this fun jewelry craft.

 
At April 19, 2010 at 11:22 PM , Blogger Joy@Thrifty Parsonage Living said...

Thanks for sharing the instructions on the bracelet. Very Cute!
Joy

 
At April 20, 2010 at 3:31 AM , Blogger Kaysi said...

That is so fun! I love all the colors and styles of the buttons

 
At April 20, 2010 at 9:18 AM , Blogger Ann @ makethebestofthings said...

Very cute! I can see doing this with silver buttons for a vintage look. You have now fueled my button mania.

 
At April 20, 2010 at 6:07 PM , Blogger Sandy said...

Adorable! I definitely have lots of buttons for this project.....

 
At April 20, 2010 at 8:42 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

That is so cute! I think I have to make one! :)

~Liz

 
At April 21, 2010 at 12:27 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this idea and I am going to make one... thank you for the great tutorial.

 
At April 23, 2010 at 1:41 PM , Blogger Melissa said...

I have my grandmother's buttons that she collected since the 1930s, so like thousands in ice cream pails (each a different color) to use up. I'm saving this idea to use with my girls this summer when we head to the cabin and need to come up with something to do when it's too cold to be outside or raining.

I'm going to make up the little kits ahead of time in baggies to have all set for them to find easily with the tool. They love finding out what goodies I've placed in the craft drawer at the cabin each summer.

 
At April 29, 2010 at 10:06 AM , Blogger Linda@CraftaholicsAnonymous said...

Ashley,
Love the bracelets! Thanks for joining the Craftaholics Anonymous Support Group! I had fun stopping by and checking our your craftiness!
happy crafting,
Linda

 
At April 30, 2010 at 5:14 AM , Blogger Elizabeth {the Path Less Traveled} said...

oh, this is super cute! and i LOVE your ring!!!! that thing is just gorgeous!!!!!

 
At May 1, 2010 at 9:44 AM , Blogger Kat @ Black Kats Design said...

You were caught being creative and were featured on Black Kats Design Fab Friday Favorites. Stop on by and grab a button and show off!

 
At July 14, 2010 at 5:01 PM , Blogger Mandy Beyeler said...

really cute!! I'm going to have to restock my button supply! - - Mandy

 
At August 22, 2010 at 3:03 PM , Blogger Nikki ~ Let's Craft!! said...

Ok you inspired me so you have to come take a look see....

http://bestpartofbelieveis.blogspot.com/


Thanks Nikki

 
At December 3, 2010 at 4:37 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing! I am a crafter myself and I would love to feature your design at
http://www.handmade-jewelry-club.com/

Would this be okay with you?

Thanks!
diylessonsassistant
http://diylessons.org/

 
At January 13, 2011 at 10:42 PM , Anonymous Staci said...

This is so sweet! I'm including it in my Friday Favorites this week!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home