This Page

has been moved to new address

Enjoy the Journey: Top 10 Moments in My Life

Sorry for inconvenience...

Little Miss Momma: Enjoy the Journey: Top 10 Moments in My Life

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Enjoy the Journey: Top 10 Moments in My Life


Enjoy the Journey
Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away.

I am kinda a sucker for inspirational quotes.  I have about 20 plaques with quotes I love hanging in my home and a box full of them in the garage for the day when I have more wall space to hang them all.  This particular quote is one of my favorites and the one that has inspired today's 10 Things post

So here are the Top 10 Things (Moments) that have taken my breath away:

Reading the Scriptures for the first time, gaining a testimony of Christ and getting baptized with the support of my friends and family.


{how hot is that jump suit--right!}


{Auntie Debbie, my Momma, me, Elder Whearly, Grandma Janice}

The day the man of my dreams proposed to me.




The day I graduated college at USC, as my family always hoped for me {hence picture of me at age 3 in a USC cheerleader uniform}.


The day I married the man of my dreams for time and all eternity. 
  

{gotta love the apple cider}



The day I completed my first Century
{100 mile bike ride...YES, I said 100 miles}.



The day I found out we would be having a baby boy.



The day our little boy entered this world and I looked into his eyes for the first time. 




The day of Baby W's blessing, with all my family and friends there to support us, as they always do. 



The day I completed my first sporting event after giving birth--and my little man was waiting for me at the finish line.


The day we took our little family across the world to a magical place called England--the home of our family's ancestors.


After completing this post I couldn't help but feel overwhelming gratitude for the life I've been given.  No, it hasn't always been glorious, but is has ALLways been worth it, worth having these moments.

Now I challenge you to come up with your Top 10 Moments that have taken your breath away. 

Feel free to leave a link to your Top 10 post in the comments section if you choose to accept this challenge, or you can just leave a comment describing a special moment--I would love to see the moments that have inspired your life! 

Labels: ,

17 Comments:

At April 15, 2010 at 1:35 PM , Blogger Sara said...

how inspiring!

 
At April 15, 2010 at 2:05 PM , Blogger Brittany@Love Stitched said...

LOVE all the amazing things you have accomplished in your life :) <3

 
At April 17, 2010 at 6:59 PM , Blogger Casey said...

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away."

This is one of my all time favourite quotes too =) You have such an inspiring list of breathtaking moments...I may just accept your challenge =)

 
At April 18, 2010 at 8:43 PM , Blogger Linnea said...

What a beautiful post!

 
At April 22, 2010 at 9:50 PM , Anonymous Heather said...

1. My wedding
2. Speaking at my college graduation
3. The last time my best friends and I shared Havdalah at the beach right before college graduation
4. When he proposed to me
5. The day we both said "I love you" for the first time
6. The day my first cover story got published
7. Finishing grad school - not the graduation itself, but the day I graded my last paper (which was a few days after graduation)- knowing that at last, I was free
8. The honeymoon in Victoria, Whistler, and Vancouver...everything about it.
9. My service trip to Nicaragua - witnessing poverty for my first time changed the way I see everything
10. Finding out that I won an undergraduate research award for my senior thesis in college

 
At May 10, 2010 at 7:29 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is great! I might actually have to do this, too!

By the way, you look AMAZING to have just had a baby. I looked stoned out of my mind right after my lil' man arrived. Haha.

 
At May 16, 2010 at 8:17 PM , Blogger Tracy @ Crème de la Gems said...

Just found your Blog! I am a socal girl as well :) Just wanted to say hello, congrats on baby "W" and my favorite is the picture of you in your baptismal garbs ;)

HUGS,
Tracy

 
At June 9, 2010 at 2:20 PM , Blogger brandy said...

I totally love you and this post. What precious moments you shared with us. It's amazing to think about all the LITTLE things in life that makes us the MOST happy. Your little family is beautiful and your journey is inspiring. xox

 
At June 16, 2010 at 9:51 PM , Blogger Kari said...

We share some of the same top moments! :) I'm also a convert and consider my baptism day as one of the happiest days of life. I will celebrate my 5 year "baptism birthday" this summer, August 13th. I wish there was a way to express the genuine joy that the gospel brings into my life. Here's a little snippet of my happiness:

I AM MORMON.
I BELIEVE IN JESUS CHRIST.
I COULDN'T BE HAPPIER.

:)

 
At July 29, 2010 at 8:37 PM , Blogger Amanda Lewis said...

Hi Ashley!

I'm not sure if you remember me; I'm Wendy Homan's oldest daughter Amanda from church. Anyways - I don't remember how I found your blog but I just have to tell you how adorable you and your little family are and I can't believe how similar we are! I love your blog and am definitely going to be a follower :).

 
At August 11, 2010 at 8:58 AM , Anonymous Alicia S. said...

Love this! I am taking your challenge, but leaving room for moments that are yet to be taken!

 
At November 17, 2010 at 11:06 PM , Blogger Jazmin @ My Little Memory Jar said...

I really loved this blog and decided to write about my own Top 10 Moments. :o) Thanks for the inspiration. Here is the link to my post... http://millerhappilyeverafter.blogspot.com/2010/11/top-10-moments-in-my-life.html
Hope it works!

 
At December 14, 2010 at 11:08 AM , Blogger MJ said...

What an inspiring post....I might actually borrow this idea and do a post like this for myself. I like to write these moments down but to publish it and view it gives such an overwhelming feeling. I truly enjoyed your post.

 
At February 23, 2011 at 5:18 PM , Blogger Autumn @ Autumn All Along said...

I love this! I am going to have to do it!

 
At February 25, 2011 at 12:01 PM , Anonymous Melanie said...

Challenge completed! Great idea - it was really nice to reflect on what I've accomplished so far...

 
At February 26, 2011 at 6:40 PM , Blogger Meredith said...

the moment my kid was born was pretty much the best moment of my life. the pain was gone AND i wasn't preggo anymore! win win:) his blessing day was right up there too. so awesome! love it girl.
YOURS, MINE AND OURS

 
At March 27, 2011 at 8:05 PM , Blogger Jenny {Heavenly Blossoms} said...

This is really beautiful Ashley...Thanks so much for sharing. You truly have accomplished so much :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home