This Page

has been moved to new address

Roller Coaster

Sorry for inconvenience...

Little Miss Momma: Roller Coaster

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Roller Coaster


This evening I had about 15 minuted of down time in my crazy busy day.
The hubby was working late and Baby W was hinting for some cuddle time.

And since cuddle time is my favorite part of every day,
I curled up on the couch to take advantage.

We snuggled as I flipped through the channels.
I saw that one of my all-time favorite movies was on TV,
Parenthood {with Steve Martin}.

I hadn't seen the movie since becoming a parent myself.

Let's just say, I wasn't prepared for the overwhelming emotion I would feel through every single scene of the movie. 

It was like the writers had some how taken every emotion, every fear, every heartbreak, every milestone, every awe-ha moment a parent could ever possibly conceive and they wrapped it up ever-so-perfectly into 120 minutes of laughter and tears.

At one point I looked at Baby W, my eyes filled with tears,
and I felt...

Well, I don't really know the word for what I felt,
so I guess you could say "I had one of those moments".

And in that moment, I took a mental picture,
and placed it in the most cherished section of my memory bank.

FAVORITE QUOTE FROM PARENTHOOD:
{by the crazy old grandma}
"You know, when I was nineteen, Grandpa took me on a roller coaster.
Up, down, up, down.
Oh, what a ride!
I always wanted to go again.
You know, it was just so interesting to me that a ride could make me so frightened, so scared, so sick, so excited, and so thrilled all together!
Some didn't like it.
They went on the merry-go-round.
That just goes around.
Nothing.
I like the roller coaster.
You get more out of it."
-Grandma from PARENTHOOD (The Movie)

Life is like a theme park ride.
Will you chose the roller coaster
or the merry-go-round?
________________________________
Stay tuned tomorrow for a chic giveaway!
I'll give you a hint:


 
 
And then, more SECRETS will be revealed on Thursday!

Labels: , , , ,

10 Comments:

At November 30, 2010 at 9:30 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Love LOVE Love Parenthood. I still feel guilty that I haven't checked out the serious based on it. Staring Peter Krause. Love LOVE Love him!

 
At November 30, 2010 at 9:32 PM , Blogger ashley @ little miss momma said...

I didn't even know they made a series out of it!!!! I need to check that out!

 
At November 30, 2010 at 10:19 PM , Anonymous Heidi @ Everyday Families said...

I definitely need to see this movie. But I completely agree . . . Parenthood is definitely a roller coaster!

 
At December 1, 2010 at 5:19 AM , Blogger Courtney @ {not so homemade} said...

I LOVE the series! It's really good. The actors are really great and very "real" on the show. I actually rented the movie and watched it yesterday too!

 
At December 1, 2010 at 5:23 AM , Blogger Brooke Anna @ Mommy Does... said...

I've never seen this movie... but it sounds like it might be good:)
I would take the Roller Coaster (song inserted here....)

 
At December 1, 2010 at 5:36 AM , Blogger Amanda @ Life with A.Co said...

OMG that IS the best quote!! Awww.

I haven't seen this movie, and maybe I'll wait till I AM a parent, but, that quote right there makes me feel normal, real, and happy. Thanks for sharing :)

A.Co @ A.Co est. 1984

 
At December 1, 2010 at 8:19 AM , Anonymous Ashley said...

A good friend just had this EXACT same type of experience watching Home Alone for the first time as a parent. Growing up, we all thought Kevin had it the best - house to yourself and PARTY! But then watching it as a parent, her heart BROKE for the MOM...the thought of forgetting your child, knowing they were home alone without you there to protect them! Funny how being a mommy changes the lense you see life through.

 
At December 1, 2010 at 10:02 AM , Blogger christa said...

i loved watching this movie as a kid...i thought it was so funny...and parts of it a little heavy for a kid. but i haven't watched it as an adult yet. this one is definitely a classic.

 
At December 1, 2010 at 5:18 PM , Blogger Erin said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the movie! Also totally digging the show now too!

 
At December 2, 2010 at 11:30 AM , Blogger Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

I haven't watched that movie in many years! I'm going to have to now!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home