This Page

has been moved to new address

Victorian Lace and Ruffles Cuff Bracelet Tutorial {NO sew}

Sorry for inconvenience...

Little Miss Momma: Victorian Lace and Ruffles Cuff Bracelet Tutorial {NO sew}

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Victorian Lace and Ruffles Cuff Bracelet Tutorial {NO sew}

Last month I had the pleasure of guest blogging for the fabulous Kari of U Create...and for those of you who may have missed it, here is the EXACT re-post:

I am the momma with a hubby who changes poopy diapers.
I am the momma who crawls into the crib with her one year old as a last ditch effort to get him to sleep.
I am the momma who recently revealed her biggest, most personal secret --on her blog.
I am the momma who sometimes super sizes a McDonald's value meal to overcome a tough day.
I am the momma who confronted her anonymous blog commenter.
I am the momma who's little guy is growing up way too fast.
I am the momma who makes lists for everything,
who has cheerios stuck to her bum most days,
who looks hideous in skinny jeans,
who eats peanut butter on a spoon with whipped cream,
who worries that she's never doing enough,
who wears sweatpants way more than her hubby would prefer,
who listened to every middle of the night breath of her newborn,
who is on a continual quest to find patience,
who sprints through crafts during nap time,
and who loves her little family to infinity and beyond.

I am Little Miss Momma.

And this is my little family,

And I am super duper excited to be famous by association with Kari @ UCreate {if even for just one day}.

In between writing about my life lessons as a momma-in training and keeping up my fun Etsy shop, I like to pretend I'm a bit crafty! And today I would love to share my latest project with you {if you'll have me, of course}.

 Victorian Ruffle Embellished Cuff Bracelet
{and the BEST part--it's NO Sew}




I was digging through my scrap basket when I became inspired for this project.  I pulled out some vintage buttons, lace trimming, pearls, and an old necklace I never wear anymore. {I didn't end up using every item, but they were great for inspiration}.



Ready to turn scraps into vintage style glamour?!
Here's what you need:

Lace and Trimmings in the color and style of your choice
{all my scraps can be found at Joann's Fabric store}
Thick {and kinda stiff} cotton fabric {6.5 x 5 inches}
Button and pearl embellishments that make you smile
Hot glue, needle and thread, scissors

STEP ONE:
Cut out your cotton fabric to 6.5 inches by 5 inches.


Fold in half lengthwise to create a crease in the fabric.
You will be embellishing the top half of the fabric.


Before gluing anything down, I messed around with my scraps until I found a layout that I liked.


STEP TWO:
Glue down your first piece of lace/trimming.
IMPORTANT: be sure to leave a small row of fabric at the top.


And then glue down the second lace/trimming/ruffle scrap. 


And then the third...



You can totally see the hot glue through this thin lace.
So, I used an old necklace I never wear, and I glued it down to hide the glue showing through the lace.


STEP THREE:
Flip over the fabric and trim the excess lace and ruffles.
Leave about a quarter inch of excess fabric on the edges, because you are going to fold in over in the next step.


Fold over and glue down the excess trim.



STEP FOUR:
Remember that extra fabric we left available in an earlier step?
Well now we're ready to use it.
Fold over the fabric piece {see picture} and apply hot glue to it.  Now fold over the other half of the fabric and press it down to the strip of glue.  This step will cover up all your glue messiness and give a clean look to the backside of your bracelet. Do NOT glue the ends together yet! And ignore the paint on my hands from an earlier tutorial, lol.


Flip you bracelet over.


STEP FIVE:
Take your large button and sew it to one end of your bracelet.



Now take a piece of lace {about 6 inches long} to use on the other end of your bracelet.


Open up the inside of the bracelet {because you haven't glued the sides down yet} and apply a generous amount of hot glue to the corners.


Put each end of the lace securely into the hot glue.


Cut the center of the lace so that you have to pieces.


And then tie it into a bow.
Now glue down the ends of the bracelet, because you are done!


You will wrap the bow on one end around the button on the other end to keep the bracelet on.

And Voila!

Your very own NO Sew Victorian Style Cuff Bracelet!
How easy {and pretty} is that?!









Happy Crafting!

Click here to see a complete list of Little Miss Momma tutorials.

Labels: , ,

27 Comments:

At October 21, 2010 at 10:43 PM , Anonymous Leanne said...

That bracelet is beautiful. It would make a wonderful gift too. Thanks for sharing the tutorial. Have a great weekend!

 
At October 22, 2010 at 4:54 AM , Blogger Crazy Wonderful said...

This is gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgerous! Totally putting this at the top of my To-Make List.

 
At October 22, 2010 at 5:36 AM , Blogger Ashley said...

This is precious! I will also be purchasing from your etsy store soon for Christmas presents!!!

 
At October 22, 2010 at 6:50 AM , Blogger Samantha {Moody Mama} said...

I love the bracelet!

And your list at the beginning is great - I can definitely relate :)

 
At October 22, 2010 at 7:55 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Beautiful my dear :)

 
At October 22, 2010 at 12:28 PM , Blogger ellie g said...

This is the most twilight zone thing ever....I'm just going through my 1,000 blogs in my reader...and another blog was showing cuff bracelets. And I thought, Hmmmm....I'm not really into those. I've never seen one I really liked. I can completely appreciate them. But, hmmmm....never want to make one.

About 10 blogs later.....strike that. Reverse it.

This is SOOOOOOO cute! Like major. (yeah, I said major as an adjective. I'm cool like that)

First cuff bracelet I've ever wanted to own.

You rule!

 
At October 22, 2010 at 1:45 PM , Blogger Delia said...

Can I tell you how tremendous you are? You are great. What a beautiful tutorial. I loved seeing your hands a little dirty...that is how my hands often look too! :)

 
At October 22, 2010 at 4:36 PM , Blogger Kara @ Mine for the Making said...

I just love your blog, stories, crafts, jewelry, etc...

I feel like we have so much in common, yet I learn from you quite often.

Thanks for sharing the "true" you on your blog :) Love this bracelet!

 
At October 22, 2010 at 7:20 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this! i'm dying for a cuff bracelet now. this is beautiful & would make any outfit!

 
At October 23, 2010 at 7:39 AM , Blogger Holly said...

THanks for that list at the beginning. Having such honesty is what compelled me to bookmark you! That and of course the awesome cuff bracelet! :) I also love your banner! B&W photos are so classic! ~Holly

 
At October 26, 2010 at 8:54 PM , Anonymous eileen said...

This is about the cutest thing I have seen anyone do with scraps!

 
At October 27, 2010 at 5:20 AM , Blogger Sandy Ang said...

Great tutorial ! Thanks for the inspiration.

 
At October 27, 2010 at 3:53 PM , Blogger Lee said...

This is awesome

 
At October 28, 2010 at 1:06 PM , Blogger joyh said...

I'm in LOVE with the cuff bracelet!!! I hope you don't mind that I posted it on my blog and linked back to your wonderful website :) So cute!!

 
At October 29, 2010 at 3:33 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

How pretty! All the ruffle/lace detail? Just gorgeous!

 
At October 29, 2010 at 6:34 AM , Blogger LBT said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Thank you so much for sharing this tutorial. I have been making wrist bands for a long time but this one far exceeds anything I have ever crafted. Very nicely done!!!
Found you from HOH. Come check out LBT when you get a chance. Thx!
Angelene
http://littlebuggietutu.blogspot.com

 
At October 29, 2010 at 7:21 AM , Blogger Saraccino said...

It's beautiful! I love it! (and I need one too! ^^)

 
At October 29, 2010 at 9:09 AM , Blogger Margitta said...

WOW! This was great! I want one... :)

 
At October 30, 2010 at 9:46 AM , Blogger Amie {Kitty Cats and Airplanes} said...

I am completely in love with this. Thanks so much for showing me how to make it because I NEED one!!
Amie @ http://kittycatsandairplanes.blogspot.com/

 
At November 1, 2010 at 1:07 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

are you kidding me!!! this is GORGEOUS! i would wear this every freaking day!!! you are genious!

~selina

 
At November 11, 2010 at 10:42 AM , Blogger Stephanie Lynn @Under the Table and Dreaming said...

Ashley - This is simply gorgeous! I love all the different textures and elements - precious! I featured this on the Sunday Showcase Round Up. Thanks so much for joining in the fun! Hope you are enjoying your week ~ Stephanie Lynn

 
At November 12, 2010 at 7:53 AM , Blogger mel@livvyloowho said...

That would go great with a belt that I just put up on my blog! It's gorgeous!

Check it out and enter my giveaway while you are there!
http://livvyloowho.blogspot.com/2010/11/romantic-belt-tutorial.html

 
At November 22, 2010 at 11:38 AM , Blogger Denise said...

You don't have to pretend your crafty my sweets-you are. Denise

 
At November 22, 2010 at 11:59 AM , Blogger Denise said...

I see you have a ton of followers.Can you give me some hints on how you aquired that many.I know one thing I don't have is a fantastic camera.I'm trying to improve my skills in photography a little at a time.I love reading your blog,I've become a new follower.Drop by and visit with me any time.

 
At July 9, 2011 at 3:52 PM , Blogger Kelly said...

How creative! What a wonderful way to use your "scraps". Thank you so much for sharing - I'm thinking I'll try my hand at one of these for myself ;)

 
At July 10, 2011 at 12:03 PM , Blogger Christy said...

New follower from Tatertots and jello. I love this! Beautiful.

www.christyscuties.blogspot.com

 
At July 22, 2011 at 9:35 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOOOOVE this bracelet. Thank you for sharing how to make it. Not that I would be able to make it! But is great to see the process. You have fab creations with great pictures!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home